America is not God's Promised Land!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

atwhatcost

[SUP]4 [/SUP]No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

2Timothy2:4
In the famous words of Ron Weasley and Harry Potter, "Brilliant!"

Thank you. I just checked that out in context, and, yupper. That's what I've been trying to say all along. (I really ought to check the Bible for what I mean, since trying to say it my own way tends to anger people or keeps getting them to think I mean something else. lol)

Brilliant! Thank you!

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
When did God's word turn into American middle-class conservative patriotism? Why do people insist on playing along as if they are one and the same? Why do people link the failures or successes of America directly correlate to God's successes and failures? Why do people even think God is failing?
Philippians 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;

This ain't our home we don't belong to this world, but this country was build up perhaps intended for a season, to be used to preach the Gospel into other parts of the world that did not know Him. May God will be done.

Shalom

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I don't think I understand your post atwhatcost? I would have thought you would have known that the ultimate pormised land is the new heaven and earth anyhow.. I can honestly say many around the world can rejoice with a lot of the good christian teaching from the states... we all could mention the bad, but you can get bad teaching anywhere!

I must admit I'm not a big fan of the 'Fox news' christianity, but then again I'm a political lefty :) - scriptural conservative and politically left, I know my american cousins will struggle to understand that lol (even most of the conservative political parties in europe are leftwing compare to the republicans in the states :) )

I must state clarify something here leftwing does not mean marxist (although it can do)... so I say stop hating on the american atwhatcost!

HQ

Jan 26, 2014
When did God's word turn into American middle-class conservative patriotism?
It's called geocentrism. People have a natural tendency to view themselves (and their nation) as the center of God's attention. Perception becomes reality and before you know it an entire nation is eating its own dog food, so to speak.

HQ

Dec 12, 2013
I agree with the title of the OP...She (The U.S.) is a Gentile world power just as Rome was and she has grown base and corrupt and will be judged!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
It's called geocentrism. People have a natural tendency to view themselves (and their nation) as the center of God's attention. Perception becomes reality and before you know it an entire nation is eating its own dog food, so to speak.

HQ
Not for nothing, but I don't know a single Christian that thinks this way. Every Christian I know recognizes that the Church, His children are the center of His attention. They are from the four corners of the earth, not one Nation.

As for any one person believing he/she is the center of His attention, I've never seen or heard of that either.

A

atwhatcost

Philippians 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ;

This ain't our home we don't belong to this world, but this country was build up perhaps intended for a season, to be used to preach the Gospel into other parts of the world that did not know Him. May God will be done.

Shalom
And now other countries, including Africa, are coming here for the much needed missionary work.

vic1980

Apr 25, 2013
And now other countries, including Africa, are coming here for the much needed missionary work.

Regardless of how aware we can perceive these things ,God will that is already at work, will carry on according to His word. How so ever He wishes it to be fulfilled, one thing we all should be looking upon that is vital getting ready for the day The LORD returns.

Shalom

Last edited:
A

atwhatcost

I don't think I understand your post atwhatcost? I would have thought you would have known that the ultimate pormised land is the new heaven and earth anyhow.. I can honestly say many around the world can rejoice with a lot of the good christian teaching from the states... we all could mention the bad, but you can get bad teaching anywhere!

I must admit I'm not a big fan of the 'Fox news' christianity, but then again I'm a political lefty :) - scriptural conservative and politically left, I know my american cousins will struggle to understand that lol (even most of the conservative political parties in europe are leftwing compare to the republicans in the states :) )

I must state clarify something here leftwing does not mean marxist (although it can do)... so I say stop hating on the american atwhatcost!
Same deal with FOX News. They aren't Christian either. They're simply the only news around with a right-wing slant. And, how is it you know them, but I can't even watch a half hour? I don't have cable! lol

Just so you know, right-wing doesn't mean Nazism either. ;)

R

RachelBibleStudent

When did God's word turn into American middle-class conservative patriotism? Why do people insist on playing along as if they are one and the same? Why do people link the failures or successes of America directly correlate to God's successes and failures? Why do people even think God is failing?
historically speaking american middle class conservative patriots have tended to be the ones to uphold God's word in our country...so for many people it is just a natural association to group the two together...

i will agree though that the united states is a lot less important to God than many christians think...he neither loves our country more than any other country...nor notices our sins any more than the sins of any other country...

really this is just another form of 'american exceptionalism'...which leads american christians to believe things such as the idea that america not being mentioned in end time prophecy must mean that our country will cease to exist before the end time events take place...or to believe that God has some kind of special wrath in store for our country just because of sins that in reality every developed country in the world has been committing...

i always say maybe we aren't mentioned in end time prophecy simply because we don't do anything all that important...and maybe God hasn't punished us because we are simply not that important that even our sins are worthy of his immediate attention...

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2009
I think we in America sometimes get it in our heads we are better than everybody else, but I doubt we are the only country to do that. In fact, the Lord blesses the humble.