An Honorable Person

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
It doesn't matter how high you rise, in life. What matters is whether or not you are an honorable person. No?

B

Bryancampbell

The world honors through partiality.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Don't know, I think I will go with being Christ like. We are in the world, not of the world, and does that not suggest we should not seek the approval/accolades of the world?

(just saying)

J

jkalyna

Is it to get self glory, or to be exalted by men. Today people are tearing each other down, cut throats at work, stepping on other's toes, and destroying reputations. As a believer, we are not so called "fitted into the worlds mold to be like them, while others use profanity you might not, I don't think you'll be honored by not being as the world, for it is written , the world loveth it's own, since we don't belong to the world, it will be the Lord who will honor you, this is what really matters, man's opionions of believers are just that, good or not, but God's grace upon us is all that matters, and all we need. Psalm 91:15, "I will honor him" when you feel like nothing, remember this verse, God does HONOR you, that's real.

Nov 30, 2012
More important than anything else is that you be a charitable person.

Charity is not the giving of alms. Alms is part of charity. Charity is to be completely selfless. To put all others before yourself, just as Christ did on the cross.

T

tdrew777

It doesn't matter how high you rise, in life. What matters is whether or not you are an honorable person. No?
You are close to the truth.

What matters is whether or not the evil character you were born with has been crucified and replaced by a regenerated character by the blood of Jesus.

D

DorothyG

If by honorable you mean honorable by God then yes.
And correct me if I'm wrong but in order to be honored by God one must first Honor God.

Mar 11, 2011
An honorable man is a man/woman/child that is THANKFUL and praises The GOD ALMIGHTY Father of the families of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob/Israel. At this point in the Plan, and since the time that he was here in the flesh; in and through the way that Christ taught! not some man or any man, but Christ! The Anointed ONE man of Our Father. :)

B

BananaPie

The word "honor" now belongs to the set of meaningless words due to the polarization of the US and Europe. For examples, "education," "justice," "dignity," "pro-choice," "Christian," "freedom," "irreconcilable differences," "land of the Free," and "home of the brave," "Bachelors Degree," "technician," "reverend doctor," etc., don't mean anything anymore. ...just saying. :)

Feb 17, 2010
Who is hononorable? Who can decide to be honorable? Who can be honorable? Only God can make honorable. Not one person will be honorable, that God did not make honorable.

Look here... Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

If God did not make me unto honour, i will NEVER be honorable.... Which are you, I think I might just be one of the UNLUCKY ones...

Dec 19, 2009
Don't know, I think I will go with being Christ like. We are in the world, not of the world, and does that not suggest we should not seek the approval/accolades of the world?

(just saying)
No, we should seek the approval/accolades of the Lord. If we do that, the world should be satisfied with us.

Dec 19, 2009
More important than anything else is that you be a charitable person.

Charity is not the giving of alms. Alms is part of charity. Charity is to be completely selfless. To put all others before yourself, just as Christ did on the cross.
Are we sort of splitting hairs here?

Dec 19, 2009
If by honorable you mean honorable by God then yes.
And correct me if I'm wrong but in order to be honored by God one must first Honor God.
Well, yes. I think we need to obey him:

[1] Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God, and every one who loves the parent loves the child.
[2] By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.
[3] For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. I John 5:1-3 RSV

Dec 19, 2009
An honorable man is a man/woman/child that is THANKFUL and praises The GOD ALMIGHTY Father of the families of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob/Israel. At this point in the Plan, and since the time that he was here in the flesh; in and through the way that Christ taught! not some man or any man, but Christ! The Anointed ONE man of Our Father. :)
To be honorable, isn't it necessary for us to obey the Lord's commandments?

Dec 19, 2009
The word "honor" now belongs to the set of meaningless words due to the polarization of the US and Europe. For examples, "education," "justice," "dignity," "pro-choice," "Christian," "freedom," "irreconcilable differences," "land of the Free," and "home of the brave," "Bachelors Degree," "technician," "reverend doctor," etc., don't mean anything anymore. ...just saying. :)
A truly honorable person obeys the Lord's commandments.

Dec 19, 2009
Who is hononorable? Who can decide to be honorable? Who can be honorable? Only God can make honorable. Not one person will be honorable, that God did not make honorable.

Look here... Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

If God did not make me unto honour, i will NEVER be honorable.... Which are you, I think I might just be one of the UNLUCKY ones...
Some people try to obey the Lord's commandments. Others choose instead to commit the sin of pride by "climbing the social ladder." These social climbers often are praised by the world, including elements of the church. However, they are people who have gone astray and don't stand to inherit the Kindom of God.

Feb 17, 2010
Some people try to obey the Lord's commandments. Others choose instead to commit the sin of pride by "climbing the social ladder." These social climbers often are praised by the world, including elements of the church. However, they are people who have gone astray and don't stand to inherit the Kindom of God.
Oh my friend are you still prodding in the dark? If you want to be loved by the World, then please do not follow Jesus. If you do He will make you as Himslef, and the World will HATE you. Every person of the world HATES God and His Truth. That is why you should make the estimate to follow Jesus.... Do the calculation if you want to be hated by the world... If you do not mind that, then you may start to follow Jesus and start preaching the Truth....

Just look what is said to me for what I teach... There is only one Truth.... BE PERFECT AS GOD IS PERFECT... and the WORLD and his sinners HATE that message. Yet it is my life! My bread and God's blessed Truth!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Some Scriptures concerning "Honor" from the Bible.......

(found here)

What Does the Bible Say About Honor?

1 Samuel 2:30 ESV / 70 helpful votes Therefore the Lord, the God of Israel, declares: ‘I promised that your house and the house of your father should go in and out before me forever,’ but now the Lord declares: ‘Far be it from me, for those who honor me I will honor, and those who despise me shall be lightly esteemed.

Romans 13:1-7

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. ...

1 Timothy 5:17-18

Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”

Deuteronomy 5:16

“‘Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Psalm 1:1-6

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; ...

Hebrews 13:18

Pray for us, for we are sure that we have a clear conscience, desiring to act honorably in all things.

Romans 12:9-13

Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

Romans 13:2

Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

Ephesians 6:1-4

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Exodus 20:12

“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Psalm 143:8

Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

Romans 12:1-2

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Isaiah 1:1-31

The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah. Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth; for the Lord has spoken: “Children have I reared and brought up, but they have rebelled against me. The ox knows its owner, and the donkey its master's crib, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand.” Ah, sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, offspring of evildoers, children who deal corruptly! They have forsaken the Lord, they have despised the Holy One of Israel, they are utterly estranged. Why will you still be struck down? Why will you continue to rebel? The whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. ...

Isaiah 43:7

Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.”

1 John 4:5-9

They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error. Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him.

1 Peter 2:17-19

Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor. Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust. For this is a gracious thing, when, mindful of God, one endures sorrows while suffering unjustly.

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

1 Corinthians 6:20

For you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Psalm 19:11

Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.

Revelation 21:5-7

And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

Hebrews 5:4

And no one takes this honor for himself, but only when called by God, just as Aaron was.