angels?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jimmydiggs

Everything that appears to an angel must be so. Why is that? Well, we used the black highlighter on that verse about the devil appearing as an angel of light or somethin'...

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I think Hollywood is responsible for a lot of people's views on angels.
The bible states angels are messengers of God. They are heavenly spirits. Satan is an angel as well, and many others fell from Heaven with him.
We do need to keep in mind that Satan can disguise himself as an angel of light as well.
Angels were not created to work for us. They are above humans. They work for God. They do not interract with Humans unless God says., and contrary to what many people believe the bible is not very clear on the concept of guardian angels either.

Will God use people to help others? I believe he does? Will he use an angel to assist is in time of need? Well, if he wants to do that then he will, but keep in mind that God does not need an angel to guide us. Our faith is our guide.

One more important thing to consider about angels is it is extremely forbidden to praise an angel as you would the Lord. In Revelation John bowed to an angel, and the angel told him not to. He is to bow before the Lord.

One more think to consider about Satan. Not only is he an angel, but the bible describes him as the most beautiful one before he fell from Heaven.

M

mooman

That's true elizabeth. They are not to be worshipped and they are messangers from God to do his bidding. He does use them to change us ( trust me), e.g. in my case to turn me away from prodigal living. I also know that the devil is an angel and is highly deceitful, and that he does disguise himself as a good being, but in fact causes more harm than good. But I also believe in my circumstance god allowed him to do so, that he was given permission to crush me. It took years of my l.ife away. But without the intervention I would be dead or in jail. Make no bones about it, whether or not u have been touched or not dosent matter, they certainly do exist today.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
I never said angels didn't exist. They do exist. There's bunches of them.

M

mooman

I didn't say u didn't.I only aimed the first sentence at you. The rest was my story and a general statement for others to see

M

mooman

I agreed with what u said