Another Question about Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AmorRegis

1 Corinthians 15

1 Corinthians 15
[SUP]
12 [/SUP]Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? [SUP]13 [/SUP]But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; [SUP]14 [/SUP]and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. [SUP]15 [/SUP]Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified [SUP][f][/SUP]against God that He raised [SUP][g][/SUP]Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. [SUP]16 [/SUP]For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; [SUP]17 [/SUP]and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. [SUP]18 [/SUP]Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. [SUP]19 [/SUP]If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.
[SUP]
42 [/SUP]So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown [SUP][l][/SUP]a perishable body, it is raised [SUP][m][/SUP]an imperishable body; [SUP]43 [/SUP]it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; [SUP]44 [/SUP]it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. [SUP]45 [/SUP]So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. [SUP]46 [/SUP]However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual. [SUP]47 [/SUP]The first man is from the earth, [SUP][n][/SUP]earthy; the second man is from heaven. [SUP]48 [/SUP]As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly. [SUP]49 [/SUP]Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, [SUP][o][/SUP]we will also bear the image of the heavenly.

A

AmorRegis

Enoch 39

The Wesley Center Online: Book Of Enoch

6a And in that place mine eyes saw the Elect One of righteousness and of faith, 7a And I saw his dwelling-place under the wings of the Lord of Spirits. 6b And righteousness shall prevail in his days, And the righteous and elect shall be without number before Him for ever and ever. 7b And all the righteous and elect before Him shall be strong as fiery lights, And their mouth shall be full of blessing,

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Roger, I read your puzzlement about time. Here is something I read in a theology book that really seemed to make the picture a lot clearer.

"God is eternal. He is faithfully present throughout time. The experience of faith means we ought not to conceive of God's eternality as timeless impassibility, but omnipresent with regard to time. God is present in all time, and therefore, all time is present to God.

Our human experience of the temporal sequence provides insight into how we may understand God's relationship to time. Time is divided into three aspects - past, present and future. We have a limited sense of time - some sense of the past and present. The past is limited to memory and the future through anticipation or hope. We only know what lies in the present. Therefore we live in the present.

However, the present is a continually moving point, which appears to travel with us through the temporal sequence. This vanishing present forms a bridge between the past we remember and the future we anticipate.

One important difference sets God's knowing apart from ours. Our immediate knowledge is finite. It is limited by both the finite "present" and by our finite capability to draw even events transpiring in our present into our perception.

God's cognition or knowledge, in contrast, is infinite. He is immediately and simultaneously knowing or cognizant of all events as themselves -whether in the past, the present or the future. In this sense, God is eternal with respect to creaturely time.

As a result of this difference, we ought to view our cognition in the light of God's. Through our "present" we participate in a finite manner in what for God is perfect and complete knowledge of the whole of the temporal reality."

Hope that wasn't too long winded and makes sense. By the way, I learned about the "temporal reality" on Star Trek. LOL
Thanks but I was asking for the benefit of others. It is no wonder that man dreams of time travel. I hope the Lord will allow us to view history while we are in heaven. Imagine viewing the wonder of those who saw our risen Lord that day at the tomb. The movie is never as good as the book but it's great subject material.
In the Lord we will live long and prosper.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Huh??? For our benefit makes no sense. And the "for reasons our finite minds can't understand" frankly seems like a cop out. That phrase can explain away everything and anything someone doesn't know the answer to. Don't you ever question things like this? I have a naturally inquisitive mind and pretty decent attention to detail which God gave me to use I suspect.

Let me rephrase the question I think Jesus claimed to be God can someone share some verses I'm not sure where they are that actually may clear it up for me now that I think about it.

Thanks
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
For this the Jews took up stones to stone Him.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

L

Laodicea

Ephesians 4:4-6 KJV
(4) There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
(5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
(6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
1 John 5:7 KJV
(7) For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

G

GraceBeUntoYou

Many Christians believe that Jesus, The Holy Spirit, and God are all a part of one God. So my question is this: Why in scripture does Jesus call out and refer to his Father as if He was separate from Jesus multiple times. He also makes reference to things that only His Father knows but Jesus does not. Is there a rational explanation for it? I'm looking for something based in scripture not speculation please. Thanks!

The short answer: Because He is a distinct person from the Father.

The comprehensive answer: You have made the simple error of confusing Orthodox Trinitarianism with the Sabellian heresy. As Trinitarians we affirm that Christ, as the pre-incarnate Word, existed not "as" the Father, or "in" the Father (John 1.1, 17.5), but existed in a "You, I" relationship, simultaneously "with" the Father.

The Word possesses the exact same attributes and qualities that make God, God (John 1.1c, Colossians 2.9, Hebrews 1.3), and is therefore equal to the Father in His ontological nature, and in power (John 10.28-39). Thus, Christ can be referred to as God (2 Peter 1.1, Titus 2.13, John 20.28), and as the author of the Epistle to Diognetus (130AD) put it, the "Creator and Fashioner of all things" (Hebrews 1.10-11, Revelation 3.14, John 1.1-3).

Do not be confused when we call the Holy Spirit, the Son, and the Father one "Being." A lot of confusion stems from the term “being.” The term can be used in a myriad of ways. For example, it can be used to describe a person ("the artist after all is a solitary being"), or it can also be used to describe the essence, nature, or qualities of something (“she put her entire being into that role”).

May 15, 2013
Many Christians believe that Jesus, The Holy Spirit, and God are all a part of one God. So my question is this: Why in scripture does Jesus call out and refer to his Father as if He was separate from Jesus multiple times. He also makes reference to things that only His Father knows but Jesus does not. Is there a rational explanation for it? I'm looking for something based in scripture not speculation please. Thanks!
The spiritual realm isn't like the realm which we live in. The physical can only express their emotion by expressing themselve by movement and sound ( and which we are limited because imagine if we are unlimited the harm that we can cause). But God emotions can manifest and come to life at will. Jesus is the emotion that shows love, kindness, and mercy. God has self-control and when His emotions unleashes, it is just.

1 Samuel 16:14
Now the Spirit of the Lord had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord tormented him.