anti-Christian family...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 13, 2007
The other day I was going for a walk, on a road beside our neighbors house, and this guy decided to be rude. He has a cb radio in his truck, so he got on it, and said all sorts of things, then began to cluck like a chicken. As immature as that is, I just kept going and didn't let it bother me.

Why did he do this, when normally he doesn't say or do anything? Due to the fact I had made a shirt, and the back said ''waiting for Heaven's Jubilee''. The front says ''STAND UP 4 GOD''. Apperently he was offended by the fact I'm a Christian, however, I won't be ashamed, I won't stop walking, and I won't give up on my faith, or on God for him.

I noticed something else about this guy,his mother, his sister, and well his family basically. They really don't like Christians, and have a problem with others openly expressing their faith, love, dedication, etc. for the Lord. I refuse to back down though.
When they passed by one day, I had on a shirt, I made, and the front said ''work,play,pray hard'' ''Team Jesus''.The back said ''not ashamed'' ''1 proud child of God''. They didn't like it at all, nor do they like the one I have that says ''friends don't let friends go to hell''. They really didn't like it, they gave me some very mean looks, and acted as if they were going to stop and say something to me.

Maybe this family will see Jesus in me, and some how the power of God will be upon them. I shall pray daily as I pass their house, they need it. Please help me pray for them, I don't know the family's name(s) however, God knows them.

J

Jenesis

You're not alone. I've lost friends and had people delete me off Facebook because I'm Christian. And it's great that you aren't backing down either. Stay strong for Christ!

R

revelation21x1

First off, I haven't seen them, but I love what your shirts say =]]
I will definately be praying for them. Satan has the blinded minds of unbelievers (2 cor. 4:4) and I pray against that in the name of Jesus!
Keep your faith, and your love for the Lord--its great! =]

Apr 13, 2007
Thanks so much for the encouragement! I posted something simular to this on myspace as a bulliten, and my brother in law encouraged me as well...he commented and said ''As long as you show strength in what you believe; nothing else matters.'' So true, and all of y'all encouraging me really does help. God bless! ;)

S

sarah10101

amazing!
i am so proud of you that you're being so strong standing up against evil and the fact that you're so proud to be christian. the bible says to always stand up for God and be a proud believer and you truly are. I will pray for this family as well as you. Keep up the great work! I'm so glad that you have such a positive attitude and are willing to pray for these people. God bless!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You and all those that reject Jesus are in my prayers. Good works and God bless, pickles

Apr 13, 2007
Thanks everyone, I've been distraught over this and other things as well...I'm not sure why, all I know is that I've been unable to sleep for the longest at nights, I just lay there tossing and turning for hours at a time. I find myself struggeling to even pray...somehow I just eventually pray, even if it's something simple, and even at times the same things over and over. I'm not giving up on my faith though, nor will I walk away from God, I shall continue to stand my ground, stand upon God's word and promises, take it all in stride and just surrender totally to Him...mind, heart, body, soul, spirit, joy, afflictions, every single micro-fiber of my being, and so on surrender to Him. Let's all just keep praying and let God take total control. Thanks again, and God bless!

S

sarah10101

i know what you mean about having a hard time and praying short prayers multiple times. i get that too sometimes.. its better to force yourself to pray than to not pray at all and eventually you'll get back into your old routine. it sounds like satan is trying to bring you down so just keep studying the bible and things will get easier
god bless

Apr 13, 2007
Thanks Sarah, and I agree, I believe that's what it is too...it even gets where you struggle to either read or focus on reading God's word, but you do it. I love to read His word, pray, and all, but it's hard at times, glad someone will admit they deal with it and understand personally. Thanks again and God bless.

W

wwjd_kilden

Don't give up! You're not alone. I've otten private messages on forums from people seemingly hating me for my faith. Continue standing up for christ, He WILL lead you, and carry you when times are hard, even if you don't feel Him there. - Seek other christians so you can know that others share your faith and your way of living, it might help.

R

Reesegirl

Amen! Keep it up, sister. Our God is so good, and even though he doesn't NEED us to witness of His Son, it is our privilege and responsibility to do so.

Just last week, I was working at a county run leadership camp for 11 to 14 year olds. Our state is very liberal and very much against presenting anything Christian at a government run program or in a school setting. HOWEVER, this was a newly started camp, and the adults who were there with me didn't say anything, so every day I wore t-shirts with Scripture verses and Jesus' name plastered all over them. By the end of the camp, some of the kids who were saved began sharing their faith with other kids and with myself. It was great!

We live in a world that becomes more ungodly every day, but Jesus said "be ye of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33. When I witness to people, and especially when they respond angrily or take offence, I try to remind myself of this: they may be upset now, but if they get saved, now or some day--any day before they die, then when they stand before God, they will be a whole lot more appreciative. But if I keep my mouth shut, then I'm withholding the greatest gift ever given to mankind.

Jesus said in Matthew 10:8, "freely ye have received, freely give." Now, we're not able to give anyone eternal life, but we know someone who can: so let's take every opportunity to introduce him to them. :)

You're in my prayers, sister!

Apr 13, 2007
Don't give up! You're not alone. I've otten private messages on forums from people seemingly hating me for my faith. Continue standing up for christ, He WILL lead you, and carry you when times are hard, even if you don't feel Him there. - Seek other christians so you can know that others share your faith and your way of living, it might help.

Thank you so much, well the only issue is this...I'm a total outcast as there's not many Christians around here. There's only one other young adult at my church other than myself, and well, we only shake hands, never talk or anything. I just keep going, i don't mind it really. I have the Lord and I'm going to heaven some day so that's all I need!

As for those that hate your faith, remember, ''love them like Jesus''. Can't go wrong there. We're to be a living sacrifice after all, so we must sacrifice somethings in life, some people, and some habits/hobbies, and so on. Keep going strong sister, and God bless you so much!

Apr 13, 2007
Amen! Keep it up, sister. Our God is so good, and even though he doesn't NEED us to witness of His Son, it is our privilege and responsibility to do so.

Just last week, I was working at a county run leadership camp for 11 to 14 year olds. Our state is very liberal and very much against presenting anything Christian at a government run program or in a school setting. HOWEVER, this was a newly started camp, and the adults who were there with me didn't say anything, so every day I wore t-shirts with Scripture verses and Jesus' name plastered all over them. By the end of the camp, some of the kids who were saved began sharing their faith with other kids and with myself. It was great!

We live in a world that becomes more ungodly every day, but Jesus said "be ye of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33. When I witness to people, and especially when they respond angrily or take offence, I try to remind myself of this: they may be upset now, but if they get saved, now or some day--any day before they die, then when they stand before God, they will be a whole lot more appreciative. But if I keep my mouth shut, then I'm withholding the greatest gift ever given to mankind.

Jesus said in Matthew 10:8, "freely ye have received, freely give." Now, we're not able to give anyone eternal life, but we know someone who can: so let's take every opportunity to introduce him to them. :)

You're in my prayers, sister!

Glory hallelujah! Praise the Lord sister! keep on going, I'm going to try and make me some more shirts myself, it's simple I just take a perminet marker and write on a plain white shirt haha!

It's truly amazing how God works isn't it? I'm glad you shared that experience with me, what encouragement that is for sure. Yes we need to tell them, and also, remember we were once in their shoes, we were lost too. May we all just keep on going for the Lord, never ask what's in it for us, or take anything for ourselves, but give Him all thanks, praise, honor, and glory for all things, and be as humble as possible! Thanks again, and God bless!

G

GodsavemeifyoureallyExist

i am a open minded Christian but not a crazy one i like god also but i am not insane with Christ to the point that i have people mocking me Christians that make people mock them scare me just saying you will get crazed like my

mother soon if you don't calm yourself down and stop making a scene i always feel sorry for my mother shes a crazed Christan that makes people do the same thing to her sad thing is that i am stuck with this embarrassment until i can get out on my own.