Anxiety

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JerseyGirl1985

Hello everyone,

I am in need of prayer for severe anxiety. Long story short, I've had anxiety over my health since losing my sister in law (age 36) to cancer 2 years ago. I am always uncomfortable so I worry and fear the worst... I've been feeling terrible the last year... My doctor doesn't seem to think anything is wrong but I always have pain or discomfort in my abdomen area... I just want to be well. I'm only 33 and I'm often feeling I am stuck in the pit of anxiety and fear. I know the Lord is with me ultimately but I am struggling to fully trust that I am okay.. Even though my gut says I am. I cant explain it, I know I sound nuts. :( anyway.. I need prayer so I can get a grip! Thanks so much!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Chronic anxiety in itself can be debilitating to your overall health. "Fear not' says the Lord but I know that is easier said then done. I occasionally suffer from anxiety as well at those times I try to remain still, clear my thoughts and allow the presence of God to calm my fears. There are quite a few others that suffer from this as well so please know that you are not alone. No, you are not nuts. :) Hopefully, you will find comfort, support and understanding from the members of this site. Glad to have you as part of our community. Welcome to CC.

J

JerseyGirl1985

Chronic anxiety in itself can be debilitating to your overall health. "Fear not' says the Lord but I know that is easier said then done. I occasionally suffer from anxiety as well at those times I try to remain still, clear my thoughts and allow the presence of God to calm my fears. There are quite a few others that suffer from this as well so please know that you are not alone. No, you are not nuts. :) Hopefully, you will find comfort, support and understanding from the members of this site. Glad to have you as part of our community. Welcome to CC.

Thank you so much! ❤️ ❤️ I deeply appreciate your encouragement! ❤️

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m so sorry to hear about your anxiety issues, friend. I can certainly understand that the death of your sister-in-law has impacted you severely. I’m praying, asking God to surround you with His love, comfort and care. May He bring in healing, give you wisdom and strength to overcome your struggles in the days ahead. Also, you may consider counseling for your situation. I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless JerseyGirl1985 and this prayer, In Jesus precious name, Amen!

J

JerseyGirl1985

Thank you so much, everyone!! ❤️