Any advice?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lihle

So I live in a society where many people believe in witchcraft and they practice traditional rituals for protection, wealth, health and whole lot of reasons. Sometimes even people who say they are Christians participate in things like that. There are cultural rituals that are performed during different stages in life like when a child is born, when you coming of age, when you get married and so on. Although my husband was notChristian(actually he was very traditional) I somehow to keep myself and my kids from the rituals being performed to us. I know that the is supernatural things happening around but I have always avoided entertaining anything to do with it.

As I have said sometimes even Christians do entertain such things. So a Christian friend if mine came to me saying she dreamt that someone poured muthi(evel medicine) on my door step and I walked over it as I was going out and became parilised. Now I really don't entertain such things, I pray for Gods protection over my family and He has done so. This friend of mine says I should get a pastor to come and pray over my home.

Jan 7, 2015
Witchcraft, voo-doo, superstitions, etc are pure evil in the sight of the Lord. Stay away from that garbage by all means, head to the hills if you have to, be not a partaker of such wickedness.

Nov 14, 2012
So I live in a society where many people believe in witchcraft and they practice traditional rituals for protection, wealth, health and whole lot of reasons. Sometimes even people who say they are Christians participate in things like that. There are cultural rituals that are performed during different stages in life like when a child is born, when you coming of age, when you get married and so on. Although my husband was notChristian(actually he was very traditional) I somehow to keep myself and my kids from the rituals being performed to us. I know that the is supernatural things happening around but I have always avoided entertaining anything to do with it.

As I have said sometimes even Christians do entertain such things. So a Christian friend if mine came to me saying she dreamt that someone poured muthi(evel medicine) on my door step and I walked over it as I was going out and became parilised. Now I really don't entertain such things, I pray for Gods protection over my family and He has done so. This friend of mine says I should get a pastor to come and pray over my home.
That sounds like good advice. We "bless" homes in my denomination

HQ

Jan 26, 2014
First of all if you have any witchcraft-related articles or trinkets in your home you need to get rid of them immediately. Next you've got to give your husband an ultimatum: either renounce witchcraft and satanism and accept Christ or be prepared to watch your family move out. I know that sounds harsh but things are not going to get any better for your family until you get away from a home where Satan is welcome. You might think that you lack the courage to do that but it MUST be done. Lastly, pray for your husband, pray for your kids and pray for wisdom. Many people on this forum who read your message, including myself, will be praying for you.

L

lihle

Thanks, my husband passed away 2 yes ago

B

BarlyGurl

proverbs 26:2 Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse will not land on its intended victim.

I would reject the words of your "friend" as the dream seems to incite "FEAR" and magnify occult... You are of Christ and while not to be ignorant of satan... you have the power to tread down serpents and scorpions and every tongue with raises up against you... you shall condemn.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
One cannot serve two masters. If so called Christians participate in voodoo witchcraft and the like, you can bet they're not real Christians.

God says to stay away from this kind of thing and those who practice them. Sadly that may require moving. Choose ye this day whom you will serve.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Stay strong in Jesus! He certainly doesn't want you in any occultic activities. You were right not to heed that woman.

"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." 1 John 4:4

He will help you through this and he does protect the widow. Continuing to pray for you.

Jul 30, 2015

Problem is your going to listen to someone in here and there are many many wide and varing ideas of what should be done or not done. So far most of what is written back to you is reasonable enough for a start.

But there is more power in YOU than all of satans forces through Christ, you need fear nothing. When you see satan at the end, there will be many who will be thinking is this the little runt who held nations in fear. satan can only do to you what you allow him to do through ignorance of who you are in Christ.

If you want to know more drop me a PM.

A

atwhatcost

Do you believe her?

It sounds like your brain is saying this is silly, but you fear you might be wrong.

I'm a big fan of a couple of our sports teams. There's a lot of superstitions that come along with sports fans: If I wear the right thing, they will win. If leave the room, they will score. If I don't leave the room they will score. It feels like every time hubby takes a nap during a game, when he goes for the nap, they're winning. When he wakes up they're losing. So I'm a math woman. I did the math.

-- There is no correlation to the team on when I'm in the room or out of the room.

-- They have not won the championship since I started being a fan in 1980. (At least our American football team. Our baseball team has won twice. lol) I've worn a lot of different clothes since then.

-- As for them losing when hubby takes a nap? The stats for the last couple of years say they start fast and hard but peter out by the fourth quarter. They do that no matter when he takes a nap. He merely can sleep easier if they're ahead when he goes for that nap.

So, yes, even as a Christian I get the allure of wanting to be superstitious. It just isn't real. It's also against God, since he demands to be first, even above everything else we're wanting to try out too. (First and last commandments.)

You know that, right? Trust that, not the other part that's telling you "maybe."

And, next time you wake up and remember your dream, write it down immediately. Then, when that friend comes, tell her your dream and see if she can interpret it properly. Assuming she can't, (because most dreams make little sense, and when we remember them all, they're pretty funny), then ask her, "If you can't interpret my dream, then why do you think you can interpret yours accurately?"

Hopefully, if she's a good friend, the two of you can laugh about that and then remember God's in control, so superstition is nothing. It would be nice to have a friend that doesn't buy the local superstition too. Who knows? Maybe you can start a group of believers who all give up on the local traditions of superstition. It would be nice if it spread past your front door out into the community. You won't feel so isolated.