Any Christian Nerds/Geeks/Gamers/Otakus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheBoswalox

I'm wondering if there are any Christian Gamers/Nerds/Geeks/Otakus, as it would be nice to meet a few.

I propose the following form for each response, and I shall go first:

Username: TheBoswalox
Name (if you wanna give): Dan
Steam Name (if applic.): The Boswalox
Catagory (Nerd/Geek/Gamer/Otaku): All four!

And let the games begin! Or comics! Or anime! Or whatever it is you desire to start!

T

TheBoswalox

Sorry, should have been a little less discriminatory. Also adding the following fields (with my own responses as examples):

Gaming Platform(s) (if applic.): PC, PS2, DS, PSP, Wii
Fav Comic/Manga/Anime/Game(s) (if applic.): POP Series (G), Remember Me (G), Bleach(M/A)
Fav Comic/Manga/Anime/Game Character(s) (if applic): Deadpool (G/C), Yoshimitsu (G)

I would like to say that it came to me in a vision, but it came to me on a bus journey.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
ooo ooo! over here. Though with a young family gaming time can be quite limited :)

T

TheBoswalox

As I found with my younger siblings, they're usually quite happy to sit with an unplugged controller and play along. And by the time they realise that it isn't plugged in, they're usually old enough to join in!

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
lol oh yeh thats a good idea, my son is 1 year old so he's a bit young still...I see your playing through crysis and kerbal, how are you finding it? I'm playing through crysis 2 at the moment and kerbal, i could never build a good enough rocket lol

T

TheBoswalox

Kerble? You must be loving the 0.22 Career mode update. Now we can blow stuff up for SCIENCE!! Also, you may want to look on Spaceport for some mods (perish the thought!). Try the "Impossible Innovations" mod and "MechJeb". They're the basis for my systems, and work really well.

As for Crysis, not really enjoying the gameplay system. I think I'll leave it a while before coming back to it, but the storyline most definitely has scope.

And try cheap/broken wireless controllers. Did that with my little sister for the PS2, and it kept working till she turned 6. Now, she plays along fine with my brother and I, or just watches quite happily.

I

Isa615

i am a massive cartoon and comic book nerd, and i also am a bit of a gamer. my current gaming system is a Nintendo 3DS, and i have two games i'm working on at the moment: Kingdom Hearts 3D and Re: Coded.