Any ideas? Please

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Mat211

So my pastor has aske me to do a sermon Ina few months and tbh I'm not very good at writing and I was hoping someone could give me an idea to tech about

It's actually suppose to be a sermon to the youth group

And I'm no very good at speaking

I know I can do all things through Criste who strengthens me

But I have some doubts and worrys that ill screw up and my pastor will be disappointed

Please pray for me to have guidence through this.....

Thank you
God bless

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
So my pastor has aske me to do a sermon Ina few months and tbh I'm not very good at writing and I was hoping someone could give me an idea to tech about

It's actually suppose to be a sermon to the youth group

And I'm no very good at speaking

I know I can do all things through Criste who strengthens me

But I have some doubts and worrys that ill screw up and my pastor will be disappointed

Please pray for me to have guidence through this.....

Thank you
God bless
Might I suggest giving what you need; Give a teaching on "God speaking/leading through us even when we don't have the words or strength", to encourage others.

Examples:

- God commissions Moses to lead a nation but Moses doubts his speech & ability (Exodus Ch 3 - Ch 4; specifically 4:10)
- Christ tells his disciples not to worry about what they'll say because the Spirit will give the words (Matthew 10:19-20)
- God tells Paul his weakness glorifies God's strength (2 Corinthians 12:9)
- Gideon was commanded to reduce his army so that when the battle was won God would be glorified (Judges 7)

Look up more biblical examples of God using man's weakness to glorify his strength. Then think of real world scenarios where your peers may also need to stand in God's strength even in their weakness; or to speak the truth of God when the consequences may not be favorable.

Even use your actual weakness as an example to the youth you're talking to. Actually point out to them your problems with speaking as you teach (maybe take an example from your past). Confess how you had doubts and worries of messing up and disappointing your pastor, but that you prayed and committed to God's work anyway regardless of the results; as this this is how God is glorified.

Write sincerely (from your heart), not pretentiously or vainly (trying to emulate your pastor or a great speaker) - leaning on scripture rather than on any banter - and the Spirit will communicate his message effectively.

Who knows...you may be planting a seed or watering one already planted. Either way it's not your concern how the Word effects people after it leaves you, or what their reaction is. You're just the vessel through whom God performs *his* work. And there's only one judge; God himself...so don't even worry much about disappointing anyone. The only one you need to please is God.

Ephesians 6:10 - Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

M

Mat211

Thank you :) I have a few other ideas but ill pray about it and see what God has in store