Anybody else currently fasting? Need Help

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 12, 2021
On my second day. Trying to do 5 days. Any words of encouragement or suggestions. I decided to immerse myself in prayer and fasting because I've been feeling anxious, depressed and suicidal for all my life's tragedies. I am loosing faith in God and am asking him for guidance and maybe something that tells me everything will be okay.

F

FollowingtheWay

You might find this guys book feasting and fasting helpful. I’ve done up to a 3day water only fast for spiritual purposes . I haven’t figured out my stomach issues to go much further. I get too much acid buildup and it wrecks it every time. But I’m not giving up.😃 This guy did a 40day he documented. May you have a blessed season of fasting.

https://shaneidleman.com/2020/01/03...-want-to-fast-but-i-dont-know-where-to-begin/

Jul 12, 2021
UPDATE: On my 4th day one more day to go! Worship music is really helping me on my last day is pumping me up

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
NO! i'm a landscaper & drummer. would get too hungry! it would be unwise, especially in summer.

F

FollowingtheWay

UPDATE: On my 4th day one more day to go! Worship music is really helping me on my last day is pumping me up
How did your fast go by the way?

Jul 12, 2021
How did your fast go by the way?
At first it was hard but surprisingly the 5th day was the easiest as I got used to it and that day went by so much faster. I felt incredible peace like the ultimate zen state, perhaps because I knew it was the last day or maybe something happens to the body after 120hrs without food, idk but it felt magical and I felt closer to God. I wanted to keep going but I lost almost 10lbs and got worried cause I'm already pretty thin.

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
Hopefully you've found your faith to be re-kindled. In the future I would suggest keeping your period of fasting and prayer between you and God. While the scale may show you nearly 10 lbs lighter, you didn't lose that much. While the BMR is known to speed up during longer fasts, I would suspect that you wouldn't have lost any more than 4 lbs, and probably less than that, which should be confirmed by the scale after your body normalizes from your fast.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
At first it was hard but surprisingly the 5th day was the easiest as I got used to it and that day went by so much faster. I felt incredible peace like the ultimate zen state, perhaps because I knew it was the last day or maybe something happens to the body after 120hrs without food, idk but it felt magical and I felt closer to God. I wanted to keep going but I lost almost 10lbs and got worried cause I'm already pretty thin.
I admire your desire to seek the Lord.
You remind me of a man in the book of Acts named Cornelius. God sent him to Peter and told Peter to talk to him.
Cornelius went to heaven when he eventually died because of that one encounter .

Here are two short messages on faith.
I hope they are a blessing to you.
Perhaps they are God's answer to your prayer and fasting.
Please note the prayer at the end of the second one. I prayed that based on my decision when I was a teenager and never regretted it. I hope you will too.
☕🙂👍

Jan 30, 2024
Hopefully you've found your faith to be re-kindled. In the future I would suggest keeping your period of fasting and prayer between you and God. While the scale may show you nearly 10 lbs lighter, you didn't lose that much. While the BMR is known to speed up during longer fasts, I would suspect that you wouldn't have lost any more than 4 lbs, and probably less than that, which should be confirmed by the scale after your body normalizes from your fast.
Yes and most of the weight loss in the first few days is water weight anyway.