Anyone here a confessional Lutheran?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Oranjlie

Oct 3, 2023
Ottawa, Ontario
I've become part of a confessional Lutheran church and community, and am loving it. Love the liturgy, scripture, and discussions. Any men 45+ here who would like to talk with a like-minded 46F single woman from Canada? As a bonus, I am also 100% Dutch!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Wait, do we have to be Lutheran to qualify for the talking bit? Context doesn't make that part clear.

I'm 45 but I'm Pentecostal. Am I in or out?

I'm rather retiring though, a real homebody, so that probably puts me out automatically. =^.^=

Oranjlie

Oct 3, 2023
Ottawa, Ontario
Geez. Put out a genuine post and all I get is lighthearted heckling back. lol. Okay, then. Guess not!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Geez. Put out a genuine post and all I get is lighthearted heckling back. lol. Okay, then. Guess not!
I had a serious question...

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020
I’m not exactly a Lutheran even though I attend a Lutheran church, but over here in Norway where I’m currently residing, most Baptist churches are made up of crazy people, so I don’t wanna go there.

Most of us attending are women and/or elderly people, not exactly the place to meet men. Maybe it’s different in Canada and stateside?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
It's a lesson everyone learns here. You actually got it pretty easy compared to many others.
Though that's just Lynx being Lynx. Don't think he was heckling you. Honestly I don't see any heckling among those two posts. Just typical type responses for this site.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Besides that, I think Frank Sinatra is an accepted hymn in the Book of Concord.

Here's a "serious" question I actually have concerning Confessional Lutheranism. I don't follow that denomination, but I am a foreign....uh, no.... a former Catholic and understood the concept of not only Biblical Scripture, but also the RC Catechism and Tradition all of which pose as tenants of the Church. So, I understand the fullness one gains from Liturgy, stories, etc, but I don't really understand why CL even needs the Book of Concord? I admit I've never read it or studied it other than knowing that BoC relies heavily on exact interpretations of Biblical Scripture. But if you have the Bible, then why do you need the book. Thanks.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
I've become part of a confessional Lutheran church and community, and am loving it. Love the liturgy, scripture, and discussions. Any men 45+ here who would like to talk with a like-minded 46F single woman from Canada? As a bonus, I am also 100% Dutch!
why even write the small catechism & the book of concord if people REALLY believe in God, Jesus & the Holy Spirit? isn't The Holy Spirit's authorization of the Bible proper for anyone? (2nd Timothy 3:16,17 & 2nd Peter 1:20,21).