Are Christians under any Law?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Yes, under the law of Christ.

The law of Christ shares some rules or similarities with the Mosaic Law, but it is legally a different law.

Last edited:
F

FreeNChrist

Being a Christian means we are now free to do everything for others without needing others to do anything for us. Because in Christ we already have everything. We can now actively spend our lives giving instead of taking, going to the back instead of trying to get to the front, sacrificing ourselves for others instead of sacrificing others for ourselves.

Which just happens to also be the fulfillment of the law of Christ and the fulfillment of our very purpose in life.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
Yes, we are under a LAW and that LAW is the WORD OF GOD. So many people don’t know that the WORD OF GOD is a legal document and GOD does nothing without it. In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with GOD, and the WORD was GOD. HE was in the beginning with GOD; all things were made through HIM, and without HIM was not anything made that was made (John 1:1-3). And the WORD became flesh and dwelt among us, full of Grace and Truth...(John 1:14). JESUS CHRIST and HIS WORD in the Bible are ONE.
Under this LAW, the following is not accepted:
- An eye for an eye are not accepted.
- Paying evil with evil is not accepted.
- Unforgiveness is not accepted.
- Holding grudges or offences against others is not accepted.
- Greediness is not accepted.
- Selfishness is not accepted.
- Hatred of one another is not accepted, and so forth.
Under this LAW, Vengeance belongs only to GOD, and we are not allowed to take vengeance ourselves.
Under this LAW, we walk by faith and not by sight.
Under this LAW, there is no condemnation for those who are in CHRIST JESUS.

Finally, under this LAW, we are obliged to love GOD first with all our heart, soul, mind and strength.
Under this LAW, Love is the Greatest and we are also obliged to Love one another as JESUS has loved us.

Thanks be to GOD for HIS WORD, HIS WORD has set us free. For it is written, “For the Law of the Spirit of Life in CHRIST JESUS has set me free from the Law of sin and death (Roman 8:2).”

Glory to GOD, JESUS CHRIST is the WORD OF GOD. And JESUS and HIS WORD in the Bible are ONE.
We are under the LAW OF LOVE. GOD IS LOVE.

Last edited:

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
Amen! Thanks for sharing Sir.

Being a Christian means we are now free to do everything for others without needing others to do anything for us. Because in Christ we already have everything. We can now actively spend our lives giving instead of taking, going to the back instead of trying to get to the front, sacrificing ourselves for others instead of sacrificing others for ourselves.

Which just happens to also be the fulfillment of the law of Christ and the fulfillment of our very purpose in life.

Sep 3, 2016
The Holy Spirit will not glorify no man. He only glorifies Christ. Anything and everything that is not Faith in Christ and the Cross exclusively is LAW; which is sin. God demands that everything must be done by the Spirit and not of the flesh.

Dec 19, 2009
The Holy Spirit will not glorify no man. He only glorifies Christ. Anything and everything that is not Faith in Christ and the Cross exclusively is LAW; which is sin. God demands that everything must be done by the Spirit and not of the flesh.
I think the Lord "lifts us up" when he desires to do so.

Dec 9, 2011
If Yes or No, back your answer with the WORD OF GOD in the Bible because the WORD of GOD is the only Truth.
After the age of accountability If GOD has not perfected your spirit by Grace through Faith then you will be judged according to GOD's perfect standard of righteousness(the law)

Romans 7:20-25
King James Version(KJV)

20.)Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21.)I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22.)For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23.)But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24.)O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25.)I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

GOP

Jul 12, 2015
Amen! Glory to GOD.
Yes, under the law of Christ.

The law of Christ shares some rules or similarities with the Mosaic Law, but it is legally a different law.

J

jaybird88

i am so burned out on law/grace, OSAS, tongues, and KJV only threads. why cant we talk about how did the Lord make the sun stand still or the bones of Elijah bringing life back to a dead body, ya know, fun stuff, but nooooo its always the same ole same ole same ole same ole.

Mar 28, 2016
We are under the "law of faith". That law (not philisophical theroy ) is, the faith of God comes by hearing God,called the hearing of faith(us hearing him)

The scriptuures inform us, what if they do not beleive" will thier unbeleif (no faith) work to make the faith of God, in Christ without effect, as if His faith was dead and could not work to both will and do His good pleasure.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
I differ with the phrase under the law.

We have a new nature with the Word within. We aren't under anything except the Lordship of Jesus Christ our King. He says go...we go....He gives words...we speak. We follow the leading of Holy Spirit.

We are being brought up in the house of God and will end up living with Him. Children.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Not saying we are mindless, puppets without any thoughts of our own.

I hope my words arent' misunderstood. This should be the most exciting experience of our life, but we have an enemy that we can't see....we are babes when we start out...

Apr 15, 2017
If Yes or No, back your answer with the WORD OF GOD in the Bible because the WORD of GOD is the only Truth.
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

We are not under the law if we are led of the Spirit,because a Spirit led life will not fulfill the desires of the flesh,they will be tempted,but not sin.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

The people led of the Spirit display the fruit of the Spirit,which there is no ways of the flesh there,so they are not under the law,which means the law cannot touch them for prosecution,because they are not led of the flesh,but of the Spirit.

2Ti 3:4 lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Some people have a form of godliness;but deny the Spirit leading them,for they loved some things of the flesh,and were led of the flesh,and not the Spirit.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Those that name the name of Christ has to depart from iniquity,and these people could not dwell with Jesus for they were workers of iniquity,they had a form of godliness,as they said they did works for the kingdom,but they denied the power thereof,and loved some things of the flesh,so they were led of the flesh,and not the Spirit,lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God,which love not the world or the things in the world,and only go by your needs,and not your wants,and to help others with their needs if possible,and if not then the love of God does not dwell in you.

They thought it was alright to hold unto sin and be right with God,for they thought they could not abstain from sin,and sin did not affect their relationship with God,but it is sin that separates us from God.

A person led of the Spirit is not under the law for they display the ways of the Spirit,and not the flesh,so the law cannot touch them for prosecution.

A person that holds unto sin is under the law,for they are led of the flesh,and not the Spirit,so the law can touch them for prosecution.

A lot of people when they confessed Christ did not make an effort to beat all sin,and stop doing it,and hating sin,but thought they were alright,and all they had to do in confess they are a sinner,and ask God to forgive them of their sins,but they held unto them.

Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
Jas 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
Jas 1:16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jn 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Whoever abides in Jesus sins not,and this is how the children of God,and the children of the devil,are known.

Those led of the Spirit will abstain from sin,because they do not want sin,and if they do sin they let it go,and continue on in the Spirit.They are not under the law.

Those not led of the Spirit will hold unto sin thinking it is alright and does not affect their relationship with God.They are under the law.