Are oneness pentecostals saved?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Timmaayyyy

have no clue at all. I go to a united pentecostal church, but i believe in the trinity.

K

Kerry

The oneness thing denies the trinity and is debated here constantly look back through the threads and you will find countless info on the subject. Oneness people believe that Jesus is the only God, meaning that He is the Father and the Holy Spirit.

2Thewaters

If they take the mark of the Beast they will not be saved.

K

Kerry

Glad to know that you are not preterist, thank God

O

Osiyo

You and I live in a three-dimensional world. All physical objects have a certain height, width, and depth. One person can look like someone else, or behave like someone else, or even sound like someone else. But a person cannot actually be the same as another person. They are distinct individuals.

God, however, lives without the limitations of a three-dimensional universe. He is spirit. And he is infinitely more complex than we are.

That is why Jesus the Son can be different from the Father. And, yet the same.

The Bible clearly speaks of: God the Son, God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit. But emphasizes that there is only ONE God.
If we were to use math, it would not be, 1+1+1=3. It would be 1x1x1=1. God is a triune God.

Thus the term: "Tri" meaning three, and "Unity" meaning one, Tri+Unity = Trinity. It is a way of acknowledging what the Bible reveals to us about God, that God is yet three "Persons" who have the same essence of deity.

"Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!" (Deut. 6:4)

"I am the LORD, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God." (Isa. 45:5)

There is no God but one. (1Cor. 8:4)

And after being baptized, Jesus went up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon Him, and behold, a voice out of the heavens, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased." (Matt. 3:16-17)

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit." (Matt. 28:19)

Jesus said: "I and the Father are one." (John 10:30)

"He who has seen Me has seen the Father." (John 14:9)

"He who beholds Me beholds the One who sent Me." (John 12:45)

If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. (Rom. 8:9)

"Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for that which has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit." (Matt. 1:20)

And the angel answered and said to her [Mary], "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy offspring shall be called the Son of God." (Luke 1:35)

[Jesus speaking to His disciples] "And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you." ... "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him, and make Our abode with him." (John 14:16-17, 23)

be blessed in the knowledge of our God.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
For those interested you can find a bit of a study Here on the Oneness/Jesus Only error...

Yahweh Shalom

2Thewaters

Nobody is saved from sinning today
anyone can yell, steal bite scrathc and kick

no way are you saved from sinning today

we will be saved from sinning if we pray and follow the Bible and read it
and most of all give our lives to Jesus in love and adoration and KNEEL in worship in church

we all are being saved
and if faithful and true
will be saved
when your feet are in heaven then you are saved from sinning

saved from what?
saved from what?
saved from sinning!

no way are you saved from sinning now that is silly

anyone can go rob a bank and sin today if the want to so you are not saved from that

many christians commit sin obviously they do not have the spirit at that moment nor are they saved from sinning cause they DID sin!

there is no way you are saved from sinning today you could take the mark of the beast next month!

if you do that, you are guaranteed lost for eternity
so no way are you saved now.

but we, if we continue to believe and follow Jesus all WILL BE SAVED

everyone
no one excluded

fo

Last edited by a moderator:

2Thewaters

saved from what?
saved from going to hell?
well, it depends if you take the mark of the beast or not

it depends on what you do and believe

Do and believe the word of God, yes, the obedient all will be saved

the disobedient all will be lost

Jesus said that.

2Thewaters

Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Titus is a good book to use christians

sin is the transgression of the law// 1 john 2:3
where there is no law there is no sin

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace;
to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law,
but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

those seem to contradict

WHY?
becuae the devil changed the meaning of faith on you and you dont know it

faith means to believe enough to do the word of God!

that is the real definition, let us try again

Rom 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
Rom 4:16 Therefore it is of BELIEVING ENOUGH TO DO THE WORD OF GOD, that it might be by grace(POWER TO DO IN US THE LAW);
to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed;
not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the BELIEVING ENOUGH TO DO THE WORD OF GOD of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

are you saying there is no sin in theis world sins Jesus died?
silly, isnt it?

Last edited by a moderator:

2Thewaters

once saved always saved is not your fault

it came about because the devil over 200 years changed the meaning of Faith and you didnt know that

only people who read their whole Bibles would have come to the right conclusion everyone else is told faith is essences and things and like that

devilish, isnt it?

what is essences and things?
the translators were on a roll werent they?

faith is the BELIEVING of a chrisitian ENOUGH to FOLLOW THE WHOLE BIBLE EVERY WORD tand THAT is the evidence of power (not things not seen!) it is the evidence of the holy spirit power

why would translators change the evidence of the holy spirit power
to "THINGS NOT SEEN?

because they had an agenda

the church of england HATED WORKS and their translators hated works and they didnt want to do them

so they made that verse into somehting unintelligeble

the essence fo things not seen

instead of
the evidence of the power of God in you to perfectly do right!

huge difference?
yes

so what is the power to do right?
The holy spirit

faith is the OBEDIENCE of the word by the power of GOD WITHIN US the hope of glory!

READ YOUR BIBLES ignore twisted definitions

all you have to do is read the story of abraham and see his faith was bbecause he did something!
and read james
and read 1 2 3 john

it is obviously they are hiding the truth

faith is doing and walking the talk

and that is not acceptable to most

why?
they dont wanna

they have teachers with itchy ears who get paid and the more people you get the more they get paid

babylonis all about the money it wlways was and ever is and soon will not be anymore.
God is ticked off.

T

Timmaayyyy

once saved always saved is not your fault

it came about because the devil over 200 years changed the meaning of Faith and you didnt know that

only people who read their whole Bibles would have come to the right conclusion everyone else is told faith is essences and things and like that

devilish, isnt it?

what is essences and things?
the translators were on a roll werent they?

faith is the BELIEVING of a chrisitian ENOUGH to FOLLOW THE WHOLE BIBLE EVERY WORD tand THAT is the evidence of power (not things not seen!) it is the evidence of the holy spirit power

why would translators change the evidence of the holy spirit power
to "THINGS NOT SEEN?

because they had an agenda

the church of england HATED WORKS and their translators hated works and they didnt want to do them

so they made that verse into somehting unintelligeble

the essence fo things not seen

instead of
the evidence of the power of God in you to perfectly do right!

huge difference?
yes

so what is the power to do right?
The holy spirit

faith is the OBEDIENCE of the word by the power of GOD WITHIN US the hope of glory!

READ YOUR BIBLES ignore twisted definitions

all you have to do is read the story of abraham and see his faith was bbecause he did something!
and read james
and read 1 2 3 john

it is obviously they are hiding the truth

faith is doing and walking the talk

and that is not acceptable to most

why?
they dont wanna

they have teachers with itchy ears who get paid and the more people you get the more they get paid

babylonis all about the money it wlways was and ever is and soon will not be anymore.
God is ticked off.
im not talking about once saved always saved though