Are our children safe in this world yes or no

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

What does that have to do with the question in your title?

Perhaps you need to have a fuller understanding of grace.

Have you talked and been discipled by a good church or pastor?

Online fellowship only goes so far.

Mar 7, 2016
Unfortunately God said our enemies will be memebers of our own household. He says truthfully that whatever they do to Christians they do unto Christ Himself, and that God will take revenge. And that He will wipe away every tear from our eyes- that means there will be tears now. He said we will suffer no more- that means we suffer now. Jesus certainly suffered, and many times they tried to kill Him, but God protected Him until His time. God also limited Satan when it came to Job.

I have suffered as a child too. I had biological parents who did not parent or protect their children. They left for weeks at a time. We would eat powdered cake mix, dog food, outdoor plants- whatever we could find. I was homeless at 16, got kidnapped, put into a basement for years where I wasn't allowed to turn on lights or look out the window. I did of course, and got beaten for it. Most women are raped once, I was repeatily for years, and had a child. Kinda like Jaycee Lee Dugard. I was jealous she ended up with millions when I ended up dirt poor. I am ashamed I once felt that way. I'm glad she made it to safety and is blessed now.

My biological mom (I call her that because she has never been a mother to me other than in the form of DNA) purposely put me in danger for her own selfish gain, and made me feel ashamed for calling the police when I was 14 and a man tried to kill me. The whites of my eyes were as red as an apple, my eye prints, nose prints, and mouth prints were in blood on the pillow he tried to smother me with, and my entire face was like a hicki from trying to breathe. I played dead, then he tried to rape me but I managed to run away with the pillow. You know what she said to me? She looked into my blood red eyes and said, "Shame on you for teasing that man, you know you wanted sex, and now you are going to embarrass him in court? I found out later by my aunt that she was a prostitue, and wanted me to work and give her the money. NEVER!!!

But God saved my life, as He did many, many times. Yes I suffered, I still suffer, but He has a purpose for me- to tell others of Christ and heaven.

I'm sorry you suffered, I can relate. God will wipe every tear from a Christian's eyes, and they will suffer no more, for all eternity.
I do like your last closing statement. I guess you may say some are predestined to be saved in your case and mine ?.

B

bravethea

[h=1]Romans 5:8 But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us![/h]

D

Depleted

What do i mean by this ok.

An aldult is more secure in his walk than a child is.
Where this is confusing --

You've got something on your mind. Something happened, for real, in your world. But you didn't tell the story. (Possibly to protect the innocent. Possibly to protect the guilty.) BUT you're expecting others to answer your questions about this particular moment without telling us what happened and what you are so alarmed about. The chances anyone is going to give you the answer you need without telling us the specific question are somewhere between extremely slim to nil. The best we can do is guess.

Here's my guess. I am the third kid in my family. The oldest is 30 months older than I, so when we were little, Mom was dealing with an infant, a baby, and a toddler all at once. Add to that mass undertaking, her two brothers started their families at the same time and both of them had three kids. That means when our families went to visit our grandparents on the farm for the weekend, there were nine kids between newborn to four years old. (God bless my grandparents for not thinking that was a big deal. lol) And, my oldest brother really was the oldest of our generation, so he was also the one most likely to do stupid things not knowing how stupid they were.

BIG farm. Lots of yard. My grandfather and uncles used to hit golf balls as hard as they could, and could pick them up on the other end of the yard. That big. And, although it was a farm, my grandparents weren't farmers. They rented the land to Mr. Willis, who grew lots and lots of corn, and a field of soy on that land. That land, not the yard where men hit golf balls.

Where can that scene go dangerous? To this day, I don't get this story. It wasn't an animal farm, so no idea where that bull came from, but sure enough my oldest brother saw a "nice horsey." (Bull. NOT horse, but he didn't know the difference.) And while all six parents and two grandparents tried to keep track of nine rambunctious babies, my brother climbed through the fence to go pet the horsey.

He was quite a ways into the pen and the bull was charging when Dad jumped the fence, got to him and threw him out of the pen. Threw! Yeah. I said it. He threw my brother at a bunch of adults hoping someone would catch him (they did) while Dad high-tailed out of the pen.

So, no. This world is not safe for kids. Never has been. Never will be. "Safe" is an illusion, at best. Delusion in reality. Then again, who ever came up with this goal of safety? I certainly don't want safety. Even in a bubble we're not safe. The bubble itself can smother us.

We were given freedom. I like freedom. It entails responsibility. At the time, all six of those parents and the two grandparents were responsible for all nine of us rambunctious babies. It's a handful, but they were. It's impossible, but they were still responsible. And, because of that, my brother, (and then the rest of us), were taught the difference between a nice horsey and a charging bull, so we can take on that responsibility for ourselves.

Would we ever go into a pen with a bull in it again? Not me. Not my oldest brother. But I can name you about four out of nine cousins who would, and have. Because we chose how responsible we'd be. And how safe we want to be. lol

Even there, choosing to be safe doesn't make us truly safe. I'm a safe driver and I'm a safe pedestrian. That hasn't stopped me from being in car accidents. And all the time I thought I was playing it safe? Little did I know, someone pulling me off an operating table after having my gallbladder removed would cause me to become disabled. (Pinched nerve in the back, but no one caught on to that until it was too late. The symptoms were radiating pain around where that gallbladder used to be.)

There is no safety in life. Guaranteed none of us are getting out of here alive. (New life after this, but we have to die to get there.)

And, personally? I think animals are much safer to be around than people -- including leopards. The worst thing an animal ever did to me was a squirrel bit my hand, and I've got a brother who enjoys a full-on menagerie of assorted animals. (Everything from snakes and caimans to pigs, goats, and a peacock.) I've had more harm done to me from humans than animals.

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
hmmm really ok so an aldult could fall from grace ?
Yes, an adult could fall from grace if they choose to. We must stay away from sin and keep obeying God the best we can until our life on this earth ends. Being a victim at times in our lives does not excuse us from the sins we ourselves have committed. Just one sin not covered by grace will keep us out of heaven. We must remain faithful to God till the end, no matter what happens.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Jesus said that children have angels with them "who are always looking into the face of the Father".... Even we, as adults do. The bigger question is why then do bad things happen to little children if the angels are with them. I know that angels follow the direction of God as to how and when they minister to humans. Maybe some children are greatly prayed for and dedicated into the Lord's keeping when they are born.

I had 5 and did dedicate them into God's keeping and purposes for their lives. They have had nothing bad happen to them. I can only give testimony as to my own experience. I could not begin to answer the "why?" of someone else. But I do know that the power of prayer over little children is of much effect. Even Jesus invited children to come to him and receive a blessing.

The children who come into our lives need the covering of much prayer. That is our part. The world is not safe. But we need to keep affirming to the children that they are being loved and watched over as they go throughout their day. Most children are sent out with a spirit of fear "watch out....not safe out there...etc." They need to have that faith in a loving Father nurtured from an early age.

Mar 7, 2016
Where this is confusing --

You've got something on your mind. Something happened, for real, in your world. But you didn't tell the story. (Possibly to protect the innocent. Possibly to protect the guilty.) BUT you're expecting others to answer your questions about this particular moment without telling us what happened and what you are so alarmed about. The chances anyone is going to give you the answer you need without telling us the specific question are somewhere between extremely slim to nil. The best we can do is guess.

Here's my guess. I am the third kid in my family. The oldest is 30 months older than I, so when we were little, Mom was dealing with an infant, a baby, and a toddler all at once. Add to that mass undertaking, her two brothers started their families at the same time and both of them had three kids. That means when our families went to visit our grandparents on the farm for the weekend, there were nine kids between newborn to four years old. (God bless my grandparents for not thinking that was a big deal. lol) And, my oldest brother really was the oldest of our generation, so he was also the one most likely to do stupid things not knowing how stupid they were.

BIG farm. Lots of yard. My grandfather and uncles used to hit golf balls as hard as they could, and could pick them up on the other end of the yard. That big. And, although it was a farm, my grandparents weren't farmers. They rented the land to Mr. Willis, who grew lots and lots of corn, and a field of soy on that land. That land, not the yard where men hit golf balls.

Where can that scene go dangerous? To this day, I don't get this story. It wasn't an animal farm, so no idea where that bull came from, but sure enough my oldest brother saw a "nice horsey." (Bull. NOT horse, but he didn't know the difference.) And while all six parents and two grandparents tried to keep track of nine rambunctious babies, my brother climbed through the fence to go pet the horsey.

He was quite a ways into the pen and the bull was charging when Dad jumped the fence, got to him and threw him out of the pen. Threw! Yeah. I said it. He threw my brother at a bunch of adults hoping someone would catch him (they did) while Dad high-tailed out of the pen.

So, no. This world is not safe for kids. Never has been. Never will be. "Safe" is an illusion, at best. Delusion in reality. Then again, who ever came up with this goal of safety? I certainly don't want safety. Even in a bubble we're not safe. The bubble itself can smother us.

We were given freedom. I like freedom. It entails responsibility. At the time, all six of those parents and the two grandparents were responsible for all nine of us rambunctious babies. It's a handful, but they were. It's impossible, but they were still responsible. And, because of that, my brother, (and then the rest of us), were taught the difference between a nice horsey and a charging bull, so we can take on that responsibility for ourselves.

Would we ever go into a pen with a bull in it again? Not me. Not my oldest brother. But I can name you about four out of nine cousins who would, and have. Because we chose how responsible we'd be. And how safe we want to be. lol

Even there, choosing to be safe doesn't make us truly safe. I'm a safe driver and I'm a safe pedestrian. That hasn't stopped me from being in car accidents. And all the time I thought I was playing it safe? Little did I know, someone pulling me off an operating table after having my gallbladder removed would cause me to become disabled. (Pinched nerve in the back, but no one caught on to that until it was too late. The symptoms were radiating pain around where that gallbladder used to be.)

There is no safety in life. Guaranteed none of us are getting out of here alive. (New life after this, but we have to die to get there.)

And, personally? I think animals are much safer to be around than people -- including leopards. The worst thing an animal ever did to me was a squirrel bit my hand, and I've got a brother who enjoys a full-on menagerie of assorted animals. (Everything from snakes and caimans to pigs, goats, and a peacock.) I've had more harm done to me from humans than animals.
Am i right in thinking then that it would be easier to jump a 3 foot fence than a pen ?

Mar 7, 2016
A prayer for our beautiful kind spirited kids [video=youtube;LL--prfnuJ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL--prfnuJ8[/video]

D

Depleted

Am i right in thinking then that it would be easier to jump a 3 foot fence than a pen ?
Technically, I was there when this happened, but I was a baby. No idea how big the fence was. I know my brother walked under it. (Bulls can't get that low.) I'm thinking a bull can jump over three feet of fence. I strongly suspect Dad's adrenalin had him do a move usually reserved for Olympians to get over the fence before the bull reach him though.

One of my old roommates from college lived on a dairy farm where the chief income came from the biggest bull in NJ's "sperm donation." (His name was Jupiter. His skull alone had to be between 3-4 feet long. Let's just say his "marketable end" was equal in length to his skull. :eek:) That was definitely not a mere five foot fence around him.

Why? Is pen and fence different in your mind? I know my brother's goats escaped their pen more often then they stayed in it. I know his chickens had a pen, but when it was time to eat one, it was also time to aim the rifle up into trees. Whatever you're not saying, are you blaming the height of the fencing on the situation?

My brother had a caiman (relative to the gator and croc) in a large metal tub with thick chicken coop wire over it, two large slates, and an aquarium light. One of those chunks of slate weighed as much as the caiman. Both chunks weighed the same. Even when the caiman raised up onto the slate shelf in his tub, it was three times his height away from the top of his enclosure, and yet that sneaky thing escaped into the basement more than once.

My dad had a ten-foot black snake in a fully enclosed pen. I was ten and I couldn't get out of there if I tried, and I have hands to work with. No holes in it. (We looked.) The snake still escaped.

Animals. It's in their nature to escape. Kind of like trying to tame a tornado. You just have to go with try, and accept try isn't always good enough.

Mar 7, 2016

Animals. It's in their nature to escape. Kind of like trying to tame a tornado. You just have to go with try, and accept try isn't always good enough.
in some cases maybe but where there is a genuine feeling of hurt its not so easy to accept it at first

D

Depleted

in some cases maybe but where there is a genuine feeling of hurt its not so easy to accept it at first
True. But it's like the story of the scorpion and the fox. Short version, scorpion needs to cross a river, but it's too wide and fast for him, so he asks a fox for a lift. Then he had to promise he wasn't going to hurt the fix before the fox agreed. Halfway through the crossing the scorpion struck the fox with the stinger, and as the fox was dying, he asked why? The scorpion knew it would die too, but it said, "I couldn't help it. It's in my nature."

We're scorpions. That's our nature. The only way we don't strike is through God's super nature. I assume evil for all creatures -- beast or humans. Then when good comes out, I can enjoy the surprise and know that is God. The evil hurts. I truly get that. I've been struck by other scorpions. But that's the nature. And I also regret striking others quite often.

The hope is God... no matter our age.

Nov 19, 2016
True. But it's like the story of the scorpion and the fox. Short version, scorpion needs to cross a river, but it's too wide and fast for him, so he asks a fox for a lift. Then he had to promise he wasn't going to hurt the fix before the fox agreed. Halfway through the crossing the scorpion struck the fox with the stinger, and as the fox was dying, he asked why? The scorpion knew it would die too, but it said, "I couldn't help it. It's in my nature."

We're scorpions. That's our nature. The only way we don't strike is through God's super nature. I assume evil for all creatures -- beast or humans. Then when good comes out, I can enjoy the surprise and know that is God. The evil hurts. I truly get that. I've been struck by other scorpions. But that's the nature. And I also regret striking others quite often.

A band called Megadeth has a song called,The Scorpion,and it is about the nature of people,that they are self centered,and greedy,promising not to sting,but does anyway.

My life is everything
That feeds my thirst that causes sin
My wants are all I care
No shame and guilt, there's nothing there
Look deep into my face
I sell deceit without a trace
Fear not what I can do
Unless you want it done to you, oh oh!
As I climb onto your back, I will promise not to sting
I will tell you what you want to hear, and not mean anything
Then I treat you like a dog as I shoot my venom in
You pretend you didn't know that I am a scorpion, oh
My self I'm centered in
There's nothing else, there's never been
And I dream, to be left alone
With the sadness, the madness of my own
Look deep into my soul
It's black as coal like a bullet hole
Fear not, get off your knees
There's no defense, you'll do what I please, oh-oh!
As I climb onto your back, I will promise not to sting
I will tell you what you want to hear, and not mean anything
Then I treat you like a dog as I shoot my venom in
You pretend you didn't know that I am a scorpion, oh
As I climb onto your back, I promise not to sting
I tell you what you want to hear, and not mean anything
I will treat you like a dog as I shoot my venom in
'Cause you knew all along I am a scorpion, ya!
My lies, to reach the shore
I aggrandize and nothing more
My hopes, to steal away
All that you love, I'll soon betray
Look deep into my past
The pain I deal is unsurpassed
I'm not a lowly scorpion
I'm so much worse; I'm the fall of man

Last edited:
J

JustWhoIAm

We're in recovery. God is good.

Jan 17, 2013
Jim. Nobody's "safe" in this world. It's the valley of the shadow of death.

But....

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for God is with me; His rod and his staff they comfort me. (psalm 23)

God bless

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
I do like your last closing statement. I guess you may say some are predestined to be saved in your case and mine ?.
I do believe that God knows who will make it to heaven, and that He protects them until the time He determines. The Bible says that angels minister to those who will inherit heaven. This doesn't nessesarily mean that we will recognize them, but that they will help us- in accordance with God's Will. Christians may suffer, but God won't let them be killed before their purpose is fulfilled. Having said that though- it can be fulfilled at any age, even newborn. David and Bathsheba's baby's purpose was to fulfill their dicipline. As for that baby, "Blessed is he who has not lived to see the evil that is done under the sun."

I guess a good way to stay alive is to keep doing God's Will- for He uses both Christians and non-Christians to fulfill His Will.

Last edited:
B

bravethea

Many Children aren't even Safe in their own Homes cause there own parents don't have JESUS.