Are some sins greater than others?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AndrewMorgan

Jul 10, 2022
I think without biblical references, I still would not believe all sins are equal, but I think the case is made by such references as the point of Job and Judas.

Komentaja

Jul 29, 2022
All sin is not equal. To lust after your neighbors wife is not as bad as actually fornicating with your neighbor's wife. Because in the latter you are destroying a family or perhaps even two families, hurting countless of people, in the first one you are hurting yourself and maybe your relationship with your wife.

James also speaks about certain sins being "unto death" and some "not unto death"

Just like in our penal code, murder is worse than incorrectly parking your car. Thats just reality.

Dec 9, 2011
All sin is not equal. To lust after your neighbors wife is not as bad as actually fornicating with your neighbor's wife. Because in the latter you are destroying a family or perhaps even two families, hurting countless of people, in the first one you are hurting yourself and maybe your relationship with your wife.

James also speaks about certain sins being "unto death" and some "not unto death"

Just like in our penal code, murder is worse than incorrectly parking your car. Thats just reality.
Did you see In the OP the words "By GODs standards"

Komentaja

Jul 29, 2022
Did you see In the OP the words "By GODs standards"
Yes and I gave examples of that in the bible. Sins "Unto death" and "not unto death" are in the Bible.

In the Old Testament as well, different sins had different penalties. You wouldn't get stoned to death for theft, but you would for adultery.