Are There 2 Kinds of Eternal Inheritance?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 21, 2012
Ask the Lord to explain this: as scripture below seems to testify of 2 different kids of inheritances in His House.

2 Timothy 2:[SUP]18 [/SUP]Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Verse 18 above is citing an example how some have fallen away from the faith where they do not believe in Him any more, and yet Paul still testify that they have His seal from which he still calls them to depart from iniquity.

2 Timothy 2:[SUP]19 [/SUP]Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.[SUP]20 [/SUP]But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.[SUP]21 [/SUP]If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

If they do not depart from iniquity, Paul acknowledges them as vessels unto dishonor in His House. And yet, if they depart from iniquity, they shall be vessels unto honor. See?

If you wonder if Paul was really saying that former believers are still saved....any work of iniquity that denies Him, they will be denied, but yet....if they believe not any more, He still abides.

2 Timothy 2:[SUP]10 [/SUP]Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.[SUP]11 [/SUP]It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:[SUP]12 [/SUP]If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:[SUP]13 [/SUP]If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

That means the former believer, although a lost sheep, is still saved. So those not abiding in Him are at risk of being denied by Him for attending the Marriage Supper at the pre trib rapture event, BUT He still abides in those saved unrepentant believers left behind for they are His sheep.

What is exactly lost besides that crown? The reward of being that vessel unto honor in His House to attend the Supper.

For what? What glory does a vessel unto dishonor brings to God? They testify in His House to the power of God in salvation even for those that believe in His name.

So are there 2 eternal inheritances in His House? How do you explain away the vessels unto dishonor being those that did not depart from iniquity, including former believers?

John 6:[SUP]37 [/SUP]All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Are these unrepentant believers and former believers really cast out of the kingdom of heaven if they are still in His House as vessels unto dishonor? Hmm.......let's read verse 39 about how Christ will lose no one that the Father has given Him.

John 6:[SUP]38 [/SUP]For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.[SUP]39 [/SUP]And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.[SUP]40 [/SUP]And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

So which last day will believers be raised respectively in their order? At the pre trib rapture event as vessels unto honor at their last day or at the end of the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor at their last day?

1 Corinthians 15:[SUP]22 [/SUP]For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.[SUP]23 [/SUP]But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

So the elect, the firstfruits with Christ as the vessels unto honor & they that be Christ's at His coming as the vessels unto dishonor.

So is that 2 different kinds of eternal inheritances awaiting believers or not?

1 Corinthians 15:[SUP]38 [/SUP]But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.[SUP]39 [/SUP]All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.[SUP]40 [/SUP]There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: butthe glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

Would that explain why those coming out of the great tribulation will serve the King of kings as placed all over the world in raising up the generations in the milleniel reign of Christ while the elect live in the city of God on earth? The power of the second death ( the lake of fire ) is promised as never being over the resurrected saints coming out of the great tribulation, thus physical death is possible for those in their terrestriel inheritance. They would have to marry and have children to be leaders of the people growing up in the milleniel reign of Christ.

1 Timothy 3:
[SUP]2 [/SUP]A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;[SUP]3 [/SUP]Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;[SUP]4 [/SUP]One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;[SUP]5 [/SUP](For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

These people & the coming generations will have to enter into the city of God to eat from the tree of life which is provided for the healing of the nations.

Whereas the elect will be like the angels that can never die, thus a celestiel inheritance.

Luke 20:
[SUP]34 [/SUP]And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:[SUP]35 [/SUP]But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:[SUP]36 [/SUP]Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

So that is what it means to lose that eternal glory that comes with our salvation when believers do not look to the author & finisher of our faith to help them lay aside every weight & sin as we rest in Him to finish the race in helping us abide in Him. Salvation is not at stake. The eternal glory that comes with our salvation is at stake.

Crowns are not the only things at risk in losing in this race; for one can become a castaway for not looking to Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd in living this reconciled relationship with God.

1 Corinthians 9:[SUP]24[/SUP]Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.[SUP]25 [/SUP]And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.[SUP]26 [/SUP]I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:[SUP]27 [/SUP]But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,[SUP]2[/SUP]Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

That would explain the story of the prodigal son how the father told the edler son that everything he has was his, but not so with the prodigal son for he ad already given up his inheritance for wild living, even though he is still son.

So as disciples seeking to be perfect and thus of the elect by His grace & by His help as our Good Shepherd, we should seek the same well being for our fellow brothers & sisters that have gone astray in the hopes that God will peradventure recover some from their iniquity so they too can obtain that eternal glory that comes with our salvation as being received as that vessel unto honor in His House at the pre tribulational rapture event.

Do you see the 2 different kinds of eternal inheritance or how do you explain those verses away in 2 Timothy 2nd chapter?