Are there any young Democrats?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

3Scoreand10

Why are all the Democrats running for president so old?
Surely there are some that are not over the hill that could run.
Clinton will be 70 if elected and Sanders would be 76 and Biden 75.

V

Viligant_Warrior

Young liberals are too self-centered to run for public office. They are perfectly willing to demand they and the disadvantaged by taken care of by the government, but they are unwilling to get outside themselves in order to serve the country.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Maybe they feel they could not get the backing of the Democratic party with the names involved this go around.... Personally I feel there are too many choices on the Republican side with some who have no business trying to run for President just dividing the party.... But that's just my Blond opinion....

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
There are plenty of younger Democrats waiting in the wings and biding their time.

This is just the nature of political cycles. Sometimes hardly anyone tosses their hat into the ring for a primary. At other times, the floodgates open. The Democrats get to experience the cruel irony though of claiming it's better to have a young, non-white candidate from a non-upper class background year after year since the late 2000's only to face a Republican party with a young-ish Black neurosurgeon, two young hispanics, and a young Indian staring back at them.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
To be fair you cant run until youre 35 at minimum. At the same time its probably preferred you actually have some experience. I mean T. Roosevelt was our youngest president and he was what? 42? Maybe you should clarify young? I mean for republicans Carson is 64 and trump will be 70 next year. neither of them are 'young' either.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The first president that I voted for was Jimmy Carter because I didn't know better. Since then I've been a Republican - straight ticket, because that is the party that will cause me the least amount of harm. A lot of people vote Democrat because they want free stuff and money from the government. That's not what I am about. All of that free stuff and money is paid from the few remaining workers who are taxpayers. Eventually, the economy of the US is going to collapse, hopefully not in my lifetime. Oh, I'm not young anymore either, not that I would consider running for president. Maybe I'll be a write-in candidate.

V

Viligant_Warrior

To be fair you cant run until youre 35 at minimum. At the same time its probably preferred you actually have some experience. I mean T. Roosevelt was our youngest president and he was what? 42? Maybe you should clarify young? I mean for republicans Carson is 64 and trump will be 70 next year. neither of them are 'young' either.
Now that's truly interesting. If I recall, you have said you voted for Obama, am I wrong?

He was 47 when he was elected. Did you consider his age when you cast your ballot?

Omni

Banned
Aug 12, 2015
Most of the US population are traditionalists; young liberals are far too radical to appeal to the majority of voters, and generally, young people vote less than middle aged people. Politics has always been an old man's game. Generally younger people don't have either the financial means or the face-wrinkles to pull off running for president. I mean, who was the youngest President? Roosevelt, and he was 42. There have been 9 Presidents in their 40's, 25 in their 50's, and 10 in their 60's, when they took office.

The interesting thing is that the voter ages coincide loosely with the average age of Presidents. The vast majority of voters are between the ages of 40 and 70. Put bluntly: young people don't run, cause young people don't vote, and those two things are probably circular and self fulfilling. If more young people voted, more young people might get elected, and if more young people ran, more young people might vote.

I'd love to see someone young in a position of political authority, because young people are always under-represented.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Now that's truly interesting. If I recall, you have said you voted for Obama, am I wrong?

He was 47 when he was elected. Did you consider his age when you cast your ballot?
I actually did not. I thought he was better then the republican choice of Romney though. I have no idea who I'm voting for this time around though. Depends on who the republicans select. I won't vote for Clinton, I know that much, Sanders will get my vote if it's someone completely undesirable to me, though Rubio would easily beat him as would Kasich. If I had to pick between Carson and Trump I'm still unsure though.

G

Galahad

From VW to Nautilus...

Now that's truly interesting. If I recall, you (Nautilus) have said you voted for Obama, am I wrong? He was 47 when he was elected. Did you consider his age when you cast your ballot?
Nautilus, You voted for Obama! Don't tell anyone else. It's one of those sins you just shouldn't confess to others. :eek:

All is good Nautilus.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2012
They don't let Democrats or Republicans run for President anymore. Only Marxists that come to us in the form of right-wing extremists or left-wing commies.