Are there different types of weeks?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

doulos

In the KJV bible the word week is used 4 times in 3 verses in the Old Testament.
Gen 29:27 שׁבע[SUP]H7620[/SUP]
Gen 29:28 שׁבע[SUP]H7620[/SUP]
Dan 9:27שׁבוע[SUP]H7620 [/SUP]השׁבוע[SUP]H7620[/SUP]

In the KJV bible the word weeks is used 15 times in 13 verses in the Old Testament
Exo 34:22 שׁבעת[SUP]H7620[/SUP]
Lev 12:5 שׁבעים[SUP]H7620[/SUP]
Num 28:26 בשׁבעתיכם[SUP]H7620 [/SUP]
Deu 16:9 שׁבעת[SUP]H7620 [/SUP]שׁבעות׃[SUP]H7620[/SUP]
Deu
16:10שׁבעות[SUP]H7620[/SUP]
Deu 16:16השׁבעות[SUP]H7620[/SUP]
2CH 8:13השׁבעות[SUP]H7620[/SUP]
Jer 5:24שׁבעות[SUP]H7620[/SUP]
Dan 10:2 שׁבעים[SUP]H7620 [/SUP]
Dan 10:3 שׁבעים[SUP]H7620 [/SUP]
Dan 9:24שׁבעים[SUP]H7620[/SUP]
Dan 9:25שׁבעים[SUP]H7620 [/SUP]ושׁבעים[SUP]H7620[/SUP]
Dan 9:26השׁבעים[SUP]H7620[/SUP]
There is no word in Hebrew that just means a week. Instead, the Jews call a week “a seven.” As we can all see, in the original writings there are subtle differences in the words translated as week or weeks in the KJV. Strong’s does not show these subtle differences, instead providing the same definition for all and as a result many do not recognize that there are different types of weeks and the subtle changes they can have on the definitions when used in the different verses. These subtle differences can have a drastic effect on the correct interpretation of the verses using these words in chapter 9 of the book of Daniel.

Dan 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

Could these subtle differences play a part in how Daniel was sealed until the time of the end? I believe they do. I doubt if many (especially the naysayers who are more intent on boasting against the Jews) will even take the time or put in the effort required to study and understand the effect these differences make. It is far too involved to try and cover it all in a single post and I doubt it would be possible too even attempt to discuss it in a single thread without at least one naysayer intent on clinging to their traditional doctrine constantly disrupting and derailing the thread. So for those who are seriously interested in digging for the truth about prophecy I would recommend starting by gaining an understanding of these subtle differences and the implications they can have on traditionally taught doctrines concerning eschatology.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

If we do as the above verses say instead of blindly following traditional doctrines concerning eschatology we will come to a new understanding of prophecy that matches both Scripture and history perfectly. A side benefit of doing so is that prophecy can then become a powerful tool to be used to convince the nonbeliever that God and the Scriptures are real.

"The folly of interpreters has been to foretell times and things by this prophecy [Revelation], as if God designed to make them prophets. By this rashness they have not only exposed themselves, but brought the prophecy also into contempt. The design of God was much otherwise. He gave this and the prophecies of the Old Testament, not to gratify men's curiosities by enabling them to foreknow things, but that after they were fulfilled they might be interpreted by the event, and his own providence, not the interpreters', be then manifested thereby to the world. For the event of things predicted many ages before will then be a convincing argument that the world is governed by Providence." - Sir Isaac Newton

“Those things of God which are now dark and obscure will hereafter be made clear, and easy to be understood. Truth is the daughter of time. Scripture prophecies will be expounded by the accomplishment of them; therefore they are given, and for that expectation they are reserved. Therefore they are told us before, that, when they do come to pass, we may believe”. - Matthew Henry

So the question I ask the believers in this forum, are you willing to undertake this study (its not easy and it is time consuming)? Or would you prefer to remain rooted in the tradionally taught doctrines concerning eschatology that makes the word of God of none effect? Remember to the nonbeliever who has not been indoctrinated the commonly held views on eschataolgy are rarely (if ever) a convincing argument that God and the Scriptures are real. In many cases using the traditionally taught doctrines on eschatology only serves to harden the hearts of the nonbeliever and convince them that believers are a bunch of supersticious buffons.I was once one of those nonbelievers that laughed at the believers and believed they were a bunch of supersticious buffoons because of all the confusion amongst believers concerning eschatology. Isn’t it funny that when I as a nonbeliever was shown the view espoused by Therapon I was led to prove it wrong. Like many of you I had a hard time understanding his view on what is commonly called the 70[SUP]th[/SUP] week and thought Therapon was out in left field. But the Holy Spirit would not let go and prodded and pushed some 20+ years ago until I undertook that study. I did that study without the aid of a computer. It took many, many months and required numerous international phone calls and numerous letters to scholars world wide. Am I glad I did it? Was it worth it? You bet it was, after all understanding and recognizing the truth of that view is what convinced me God and the Scriptures were real. That is what led me to realize what a wretched person I had become and that if I did not repent and come to know Christ I would be lost forever.Surely if an uneducated, brutal, hardcore, despicable, nonbelieving biker could take the time to study and understand (on his own) this without the aid of a computer, email and the internet, a believer (on their own) with the aid of a computer, internet and emails could do it in a fraction of the time.

May God bless your studies!

PS despite the fact that naysayers say those who hold this view hate muslims, I must ask why is it that many of those who understand this view wind up focusing their witnessing on muslims who (for the most part) have not had the oppurtunity to hear the gospel?. Could it be because while those under Islam believe us to be their enemy, we as Christians have empathy for these lost souls and have a strong desire to share the gospel with them. If any of you would like to do so I have a few sugestions gained from experience. First you can’t get them to even consider the gospel unless you can show them that islam and the quran is in error. This requires gaining a good understanding of Islam and the quran in order to show the inconsistencies in that false belief system. It is only after they begin to doubt what they have been taught that they will begin to honestly evauate other options. Interestingly Therapons view on prophecy has beeen an important tool in doing so. .