Are We Sending Newborns To Be Slaughtered by Doing This?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

swatfrog

Nov 19, 2022
Do you have any solid evidence for this? Not hearsay but real evidence.
I did find this ...but its not my source
Cop:
We have to remember that he is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, the most popular and most liberal of the Baptist Churches. Being raised up a Baptist, I can vaguely remember the adults discussing him and his doctrines in the late 1950's as being false and typically 'Southern Baptist teachings'.

camgears:
The masonic registry also shows Billy Graham is 33 degree freemason. Not too strange that he has been working closely with the pope to bring about ecumenism.

Gisle Pedersen:
camgears wrote: "The masonic registry also shows Billy Graham is 33 degree freemason. Not too strange that he has been working closely with the pope to bring about ecumenism."I have tried to get this confirmed without success. In which registry have you found this information? Are these official registries freely available for everybody. I don't suspect you being a freemason.[This message has been edited by Gisle Pedersen (edited 04-06-2006).]

camgears:
There are few sources that confirm this.
I did a quick search and came up with two sources:Genesee Lodge No. 174, Free and Accepted Masons, Chartered January 11, 1866 A.D. -- 5866 A.L., Under the Jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of the State of Michigan, 755 South Saginaw Street, Flint, Michigan, Robert (Bob) Orrison, Secretary., page. 3 of 7.

Louisiana Masonic Family, Free and Accepted Masons, Famous Masons section, listed under "Other Famous Masons",You can also purchase a copy of the Total Onslaught series by Prof. Walter Veith from www.amazingdiscoveries.org There are Billy Graham's picture in the masonic lodge photographed and shown in the lecture titled 'the secret behind secret societies'.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

Picture this:

A shepherd is in the field and witnesses a newborn sheep being born. He starts dancing around the shivering little animal, singing and praising God.

He throws out a few crumbs he has on hand for just such an occasion. Then, he tells the little newborn, "Simply call out if you need me," as he disappears into the wilderness.

Time For Rejoicing

The shepherd is so happy about the newborn sheep that he tells everyone in the village. All his friends throw a big party. They eat, dance, and sing, all while rejoicing and praising God.

Meanwhile, the wolves are circling around the little sheep, who cries out in the loudest voice he can muster.

Busy Saving the World

The shepherd calls back to him, "Sorry little sheep. I'm busy getting ready for my trip to Uganda. I have the important task of teaching shepherds there how to do what I do here. Maybe if you get ahold of Bill, the shepherd, he can help. Meanwhile, we'll pray for you."

The little sheep cries out to Bill, but no answer.

The wolves promptly devour the little sheep.

The shepherd returns from his important trip to Uganda, but the newborn sheep is nowhere in sight. He wonders where he's gone. He must not be a very dedicated sheep if he's just going to wander off like that.

The Slaughter of Newborn Believers

Unfortunately, the above scenario is playing out every day for newborn believers. Those who give their lives to Christ are left alone to fend for themselves.

In most cases, they don't have to face death. But many do turn from their faith, eventually. After all, who wants to be abandoned while being pummeled by Satan and his armies?

Is there a better way?

Shepherds behind the pulpit must be careful while leading people through the sinner's prayer. Those who are raising their hands are doing so for a reason. They desire a life-altering experience. They're making a decision for Christ, so leaving them in the lurch is not an option.

If pastors and preachers are too busy to follow up with newborn sheep, they should not lead people to make a decision for Christ behind the pulpit. Instead, there should be a way for someone to receive one-on-one discipleship.

But it doesn't stop there. The person who witnesses someone being born again is responsible for that newborn. This new believer needs spiritual food and protection from wolves in sheep's clothing. For that reason, ongoing discipleship is required.

Maybe, Maybe Not

This strategy, of course, requires time and energy. With our massive congregations in North America, asking church leadership to step up is a pipe dream.

Therefore, the individual churchgoer must take responsibility for the newborn believer. The church can no longer afford to view the falling away of parishioners as a millennial phenomenon.

It's simply because newborn sheep are being allowed to get slaughtered.

"You have not strengthened the weak, healed the sick, bandaged the injured, brought back the strays, or sought the lost, but with force and harshness you have ruled over them. They were scattered because they had no shepherd, and they became food for every wild beast. My sheep wandered over all the mountains and on every high hill. My sheep were scattered over the entire face of the earth with no one looking or searching for them." Ezekiel 34:4-6.
You know how to organize your thoughts into an outline like a pastor sir. Can you tell me what you think is required to be saved?

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
You know how to organize your thoughts into an outline like a pastor sir. Can you tell me what you think is required to be saved?
No, I'm not a pastor. I'm a professional copywriter. I make my living writing blog posts and web pages for large corporations.

To be saved means you are no longer separated from God like we are when we're physically born into this world. Jesus explained it to a Pharisee named Nicodemus this way:

“I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:5-6.

Just to clarify, water and spirit, in this context, both mean regeneration; you don't need to be water baptized to be saved.

However, before gaining newborn status, Romans 10:9 tells us to do this:

"...because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

So, how do you make Jesus Lord over your life? You have to believe that he will cover your sins because He died and took your place on the cross.

That leads us to another problem:

If you don't think you have a sin problem, God can't help you. Jesus can only cover your sins when you confess them.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1John 1:9

So, to be saved, you have to commit to what I've laid out here. But do it in reverse order:

1. Recognize, like everyone else, you are a sinner, separated eternally from God.

2. Confess your sins and turn away from them.

3. Believe that Jesus Christ performed all the work for us on the cross. We are justified by His blood, nothing else.

4. Invite the Holy Spirit to permeate every area of your life to begin the sanctification process.

5. Enjoy the fruits of being a born-again believer in Jesus Christ.

If you have any further questions or are ready to have a close relationship with the Creator of the universe, PM me, and we'll talk.

May the blessings of the Lord be upon you.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
I did find this ...but its not my source
Cop:
We have to remember that he is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, the most popular and most liberal of the Baptist Churches. Being raised up a Baptist, I can vaguely remember the adults discussing him and his doctrines in the late 1950's as being false and typically 'Southern Baptist teachings'.

camgears:
The masonic registry also shows Billy Graham is 33 degree freemason. Not too strange that he has been working closely with the pope to bring about ecumenism.

Gisle Pedersen:
camgears wrote: "The masonic registry also shows Billy Graham is 33 degree freemason. Not too strange that he has been working closely with the pope to bring about ecumenism."I have tried to get this confirmed without success. In which registry have you found this information? Are these official registries freely available for everybody. I don't suspect you being a freemason.[This message has been edited by Gisle Pedersen (edited 04-06-2006).]

camgears:
There are few sources that confirm this.
I did a quick search and came up with two sources:Genesee Lodge No. 174, Free and Accepted Masons, Chartered January 11, 1866 A.D. -- 5866 A.L., Under the Jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of the State of Michigan, 755 South Saginaw Street, Flint, Michigan, Robert (Bob) Orrison, Secretary., page. 3 of 7.

Louisiana Masonic Family, Free and Accepted Masons, Famous Masons section, listed under "Other Famous Masons",You can also purchase a copy of the Total Onslaught series by Prof. Walter Veith from www.amazingdiscoveries.org There are Billy Graham's picture in the masonic lodge photographed and shown in the lecture titled 'the secret behind secret societies'.
Thank you for all this. My question though was if you have any evidence; not whether there may be evidence somewhere if I go and dig it up. I've looked into this in the past and there's nothing I could find that would hold up in a court of law.

awelight

Aug 10, 2020

Picture this:

A shepherd is in the field and witnesses a newborn sheep being born. He starts dancing around the shivering little animal, singing and praising God.

He throws out a few crumbs he has on hand for just such an occasion. Then, he tells the little newborn, "Simply call out if you need me," as he disappears into the wilderness.

Time For Rejoicing

The shepherd is so happy about the newborn sheep that he tells everyone in the village. All his friends throw a big party. They eat, dance, and sing, all while rejoicing and praising God.

Meanwhile, the wolves are circling around the little sheep, who cries out in the loudest voice he can muster.

Busy Saving the World

The shepherd calls back to him, "Sorry little sheep. I'm busy getting ready for my trip to Uganda. I have the important task of teaching shepherds there how to do what I do here. Maybe if you get ahold of Bill, the shepherd, he can help. Meanwhile, we'll pray for you."

The shepherd returns from his important trip to Uganda, but the newborn sheep is nowhere in sight. He wonders where he's gone. He must not be a very dedicated sheep if he's just going to wander off like that.

Unfortunately, the above scenario is playing out every day for newborn believers. Those who give their lives to Christ are left alone to fend for themselves.

In most cases, they don't have to face death. But many do turn from their faith, eventually. After all, who wants to be abandoned while being pummeled by Satan and his armies?

Is there a better way?

Shepherds behind the pulpit must be careful while leading people through the sinner's prayer. Those who are raising their hands are doing so for a reason. They desire a life-altering experience. They're making a decision for Christ, so leaving them in the lurch is not an option.

If pastors and preachers are too busy to follow up with newborn sheep, they should not lead people to make a decision for Christ behind the pulpit. Instead, there should be a way for someone to receive one-on-one discipleship.

But it doesn't stop there. The person who witnesses someone being born again is responsible for that newborn. This new believer needs spiritual food and protection from wolves in sheep's clothing. For that reason, ongoing discipleship is required.

Maybe, Maybe Not

This strategy, of course, requires time and energy. With our massive congregations in North America, asking church leadership to step up is a pipe dream.

Therefore, the individual churchgoer must take responsibility for the newborn believer. The church can no longer afford to view the falling away of parishioners as a millennial phenomenon.

"You have not strengthened the weak, healed the sick, bandaged the injured, brought back the strays, or sought the lost, but with force and harshness you have ruled over them. They were scattered because they had no shepherd, and they became food for every wild beast. My sheep wandered over all the mountains and on every high hill. My sheep were scattered over the entire face of the earth with no one looking or searching for them." Ezekiel 34:4-6.
Yes it is very disturbing how often the Preacher in many churches will vacate the Pulpit for duties elsewhere. This action is in no way Scriptural. Just as I have never understood those Preachers who retire, when they are perfectly able to lead. By doing these things, they turn aside from their calling.

In a similar vein, it was reported that many churches closed their doors for worship service this past Christmas day because it fell on a Sunday. Excerpts from some of these articles:

Many churches are closed this Christmas - and that's okay
  • Published: Dec. 22, 2016, 12:55 p.m. (Headline from AL.com)

This Christmas, no prayers will be said in several megachurches around the country.

Even though the holiday falls this year on a Sunday, when churches normally host thousands for worship, pastors are canceling services, anticipating low attendance on what they call a family day.

Critics within the evangelical community, more accustomed to doing battle with department stores and public schools over keeping religion in Christmas, are stunned by the shutdown.

It is almost unheard of for a Christian church to cancel services on a Sunday, and opponents of the closures are accusing these congregations of bowing to secular culture.

"This is a consumer mentality at work: `Let's not impose the church on people. Let's not make church in any way inconvenient,"' said David Wells, professor of history and systematic theology at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, a leading evangelical school in Hamilton, Mass. "I think what this does is feed into the individualism that is found throughout American culture, where everyone does their own thing." (Story from CBS News - December 7, 2005)

It is a sad day, when churches of our Lord put more emphasis on a holiday than on worshipping the Lord.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Thread Topic

My view on this is

First ----Salvation is an individual thing ------and one has to be drawn by the Father to have their ears and heart open to hear and receive the message of the Gospel to have the right Faith inbirthed in them to become a New Babe in Christ ----

Once you are a New babe in Christ --you should keep in touch yourself with other more mature Born Again people so you can ask question and hopefully get some good answers ----but it is up to the New Born themselves to maintain Consistency in their Bible Reading to grow in their Faith walk with Christ and ask the Holy Spirit for help and guidance in their Faith walk ----

The responsibility of the Shepard who is the Minister is to guide people to the Scripture and encourage them to receive Jesus ====and to inform them that when they become Born Again they have God indwelling in them to help and guide them to the truth of the scripture and in their daily Faith walk with Christ -------

The Problem is the Shepard fails miserably at informing the New Born that they need not men to teach them ---they have God in them to help and guide them -------and by daily spending time in the Scriptures their

It is not the responsibility of the Shepard to constantly be there for the New Born Babe ------they have the means dwelling in them to help and guide them on a daily bases in their Spiritual Faith walk with Christ -----

The new born Babe has to work out their own salvation -----no one can help them do that -------they either want to mature in their Faith walk or they don't ------they either want to change their Worldly thinking to thinking like Christ or they don't ------

We have to understand that we as individual need to do the work to become Christ like in our character and accomplish out Spiritual growth -----we need to assemble with other like minded people but it is up to us alone to do the work to advance in our Spiritual growth -----Not the Shepard ----

The slaughter of the New Born happens when they themselves Quit the Spiritual growth process -by letting down their Shield of Faith ----and this then give Satan a chance to keep them in bondage to him -------

Amp Bible ---Work out your OWN Salvation

swatfrog

Nov 19, 2022
Thank you for all this. My question though was if you have any evidence; not whether there may be evidence somewhere if I go and dig it up. I've looked into this in the past and there's nothing I could find that would hold up in a court of law.
my bad lol , lol . I can say I did have the write up of him at the 1968 , I personally know of the account of the lodge in louisiana and I know he was listed there until the info got out further, knew all about his dealing with pope john paul and how all the new converts were being met by RCC preists at the stages, but this information for me is sooo old, that retracing steps , so you have me at a loss. I know its true and was alot more than hearsay or defamation.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
In a similar vein, it was reported that many churches closed their doors for worship service this past Christmas day because it fell on a Sunday.
I had wondered about this. I didn't even check if mine would be open on Christmas. I just assumed it wasn't.

It is almost unheard of for a Christian church to cancel services on a Sunday, and opponents of the closures are accusing these congregations of bowing to secular culture.
Does this surprise anyone? Our churches have become huge corporations rather than places of worship. Oh sure, we put on a big show every Sunday and watch teenagers sing while bouncing around a lighted stage, but it's more akin to a concert performance than true worship.

This is a consumer mentality at work: `Let's not impose the church on people. Let's not make church in any way inconvenient,"' said David Wells, professor of history and systematic theology at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, a leading evangelical school in Hamilton, Mass. "I think what this does is feed into the individualism that is found throughout American culture, where everyone does their own thing." (Story from CBS News - December 7, 2005
Unfortunately, the word "consumerism" aptly describes today's institutional churches. Still, I'm optimistic we can work within that structure. But first, we have to get the church leaders out of the way--not difficult since they're busy writing books--so the rest of us who aren't professional clergy can disciple those who need it.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
Joh 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
Joh 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
Joh 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
First ----Salvation is an individual thing ------and one has to be drawn by the Father to have their ears and heart open to hear and receive the message of the Gospel to have the right Faith inbirthed in them to become a New Babe in Christ ----
I agree

Once you are a New babe in Christ --you should keep in touch yourself with other more mature Born Again people so you can ask question and hopefully get some good answers ----but it is up to the New Born themselves to maintain Consistency in their Bible Reading to grow in their Faith walk with Christ and ask the Holy Spirit for help and guidance in their Faith walk ----
I disagree. A new believer typically doesn't know one end of the Bible from another. They must be spoon fed the Gospel. Sorry, that's just the way it is. When they start to mature is when we can begin to trust them with studying on their own.

It is not the responsibility of the Shepard to constantly be there for the New Born Babe ------they have the means dwelling in them to help and guide them on a daily bases in their Spiritual Faith walk with Christ -----
It is, I'm sorry, but it is. That's why a pastor is never going to do it. They're too busy managing a business. I know that sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

The new born Babe has to work out their own salvation -----no one can help them do that -------they either want to mature in their Faith walk or they don't ------they either want to change their Worldly thinking to thinking like Christ or they don't ------

We have to understand that we as individual need to do the work to become Christ like in our character and accomplish out Spiritual growth -----we need to assemble with other like minded people but it is up to us alone to do the work to advance in our Spiritual growth -----Not the Shepard ----

The slaughter of the New Born happens when they themselves Quit the Spiritual growth process -by letting down their Shield of Faith ----and this then give Satan a chance to keep them in bondage to him -------
So, here we go again blaming the new believer. I'm so sick of this. It's abandonment by the institutional church, plain and simple.

So, let's take this scenario:

It's 7:30AM and Mom comes into the room of her 3-week-old baby. She looks down into the crib and says, "Hi honey. Me and Daddy are going off to work now. Go ahead and fix yourself a bottle. It's in the refrigerator. Also, there's some leftover steaks in there. Just go ahead and heat one up in the microwave for lunch. We'll be back in about nine hours. Have fun!"

Of course, that would be considered child abuse and/or abandonment in most states.

So, why is it okay for pastors to abandon their spiritual children? Of course, it's not.

The responsible parent, if they're too busy, get's a babysitter. So too, should pastors and church leaders.

Have an elder or someone you trust make a commitment to mentor that new believer. It will take time and commitment.

After all, it took the original 12 over three years of being personally taught by the Master himself to show any semblance of maturity. You can go even further by arguing that none of them really accepted Jesus as their Lord until witnessing His resurrection first-hand.

So, how can you expect someone to truly "get it" in 2023 when all remnants of belief in God are being demolished? It may also take this new believer several years of one-on-one discipleship to even come to repentance.

Ask Jesus if it was worth the sacrifice, and he'll tell you yes. If He can sacrifice Himself on the cross, surely pastors can sacrifice a bit of their power and prestige.

The head shepherds must be willing to turn over discipleship to those willing to put in the time.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
After all, it took the original 12 over three years of being personally taught by the Master himself to show any semblance of maturity. You can go even further by arguing that none of them really accepted Jesus as their Lord until witnessing His resurrection first-hand.
It is up to the person to go to Church so they are spoon fed the Gospel ---and it is up to the person to get into their own Bibles every day so they can grow in their Faith -no one has the responsibility of Spoon feeding a New Born Babe in Christ except themselves -----

The New born Babe in Christ has God in them to instruct them as to what they should be spoon fed to grow in their walk with Christ ----

The Disciples had Jesus ----after Jesus died they had the Holy Spirit -----

Most Ministers ---Pastors --Priests today are not Born Again and are teaching False Doctrine ------or watering down the Gospel to keep the money flowing in ---skipping the hard Scripture as they have no clue themselves what the Spiritual meaning is of the Scripture -----

All your doing is transferring the Blame to the Pastors ---Ministers and Priests who are no better in their understanding of the Scriptures than the New Born Babe in Christ ------when God lives in the New Babe in Christ ---that is the issue today ---no one wants to rely on the Holy Spirit's direction --for growth and understanding of the scriptures-----that is what is sad ----

1 John 2:27, NLT:
But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
It is up to the person to go to Church so they are spoon fed the Gospel
Yikes. Please carefully re-read this sentence and think about it for a minute. When I was in my early teens, the only way I could get to church was my friend's parents. Although my mom and dad weren't opposed to me going, they would never agree to take me.

It's unbelievable to me that we would tell people they "have to go to church" yet leave them stranded in an old-folks home or at their apartment if they have little means of transport. How utterly hypocritical.

and it is up to the person to get into their own Bibles every day so they can grow in their Faith
I agree, to a point. But who is going to hold a young person accountable for reading it? Their atheist parents? Oh, I know, their public school teachers! Brilliant!

Like I said earlier, they aren't going to know where to start, much less have enough self discipline to read every day.

I hope you're not one of those people who say that anyone who happens to be poor did it to themselves, because that's sort of what you're saying here. It's the fault of the individual for not having the spiritual growth they should.

While this is partially true, we can save someone years of anguish by helping them with their spiritual growth.

no one has the responsibility of Spoon feeding a New Born Babe in Christ except themselves
Friend, if you are in professional ministry, I hope you rethink your attitude here. I'm just shocked and saddened by this statement. This is spiritual abandonment, plain and simple.

The New born Babe in Christ has God in them to instruct them as to what they should be spoon fed to grow in their walk with Christ ----

The Disciples had Jesus ----after Jesus died they had the Holy Spirit ----
I've heard this excuse too often. It's right up there with "You can't earn your way to heaven" or "We aren't saved by works."

The truth is, we don't mentor someone because they need it, but because we do. We grow more by teaching than any other method of learning. And I'm begging you, please don't tell me there's nothing else for you to learn. I would hope you wouldn't be THAT narcissistic and proud ( I don't think you are).

Most Ministers ---Pastors --Priests today are not Born Again and are teaching False Doctrine ------or watering down the Gospel to keep the money flowing in ---skipping the hard Scripture as they have no clue themselves what the Spiritual meaning is of the Scripture
No, I don't agree with you at all here. 99 percent of our pastors and preachers are highly educated. They do a good job of preaching and running their churches.

The lack of mature believers is simply the product of a failed church system that has been around for 2,000 years:

Once a week, we sit in a big room and listen to one person talk for an hour. Yes, there is worship beforehand, but it's short-lived.

All I'm asking our pastors and elders to do is step aside and encourage others to mentor new believers. That's going to take some faith on their part to let go of their power. That's all I'm saying here.

All your doing is transferring the Blame to the Pastors ---Ministers and Priests who are no better in their understanding of the Scriptures than the New Born Babe in Christ ------when God lives in the New Babe in Christ ---that is the issue today ---no one wants to rely on the Holy Spirit's direction --for growth and understanding of the scriptures-----that is what is sad ----
So, what you're really saying here is that we don't need pastors or preachers. Unfortunately, due to the lack of growth among new believers, many people are agreeing with you.

But again, it comes down to one-on-one discipleship. And no matter how many excuses you offer for not doing it, Jesus commanded:

“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matt. 28:19-20

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
No, I don't agree with you at all here. 99 percent of our pastors and preachers are highly educated. They do a good job of preaching and running their churches.
You can disagree all you want to with this statement -------all your degrees --all the education ---you get here on this earth is for here ----The Bible is a Spiritual Book for spiritual discerning people ------and the world's education is of now use for understanding the Scripture -------

Without the Holy spirit your god is Satan and you are of this world ----Period -----

A New Born Babe in Christ needs to know Scripture well to be able to know who the Preacher is and what He or She preaches lines up with the Word ---who is Jesus by the Way ----

The responsibility lies with the New Born Babe to find a group of Mature Christians who can direct them properly into their walk with Christ ------

That is what I believe ---you believe different -----If I were you I would know the scriptures so when you listen to a sermon --you know if it lines up with the Word or not ----

Pay attention to what the word says ---

Galatians 1:8
Amplified Bible
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to that which we [originally] preached to you, let him be condemned to destruction!

You can tell a true Christian by the fruits they produce -------the HOLY SPIRIT will never direct anyone to preach what goes against the Word ------

The Catholic and Protestant church ----have shown that ministers are corrupt -----you never know what your Minister ---preacher --Priest etc are doing in the back in the dark behind their pulpit ------

The Babe in Christ needs to know the scripture ---they need to be in their Bible asking the Holy Spirit for direction ---Knowledge and Wisdom to understand the Spiritual message ------No human can teach you the Spiritual message of the word ----

Is your Minister a True Sheep --or a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Your New Born babe is not going to be able to discern that unless they know the Scripture and know what to look for and Listen to so they can RUN form that Church and the people who are being fed bad Doctrine ------the Holy Spirit will direct the New Born Babe to where they should go ------

My Hope is that people you talk to don't listen to your telling them that they need to go and get help from their Minister to understand the Gospel ------when you have no idea if the Minister Has the Holy Spirit is guiding them or if it is Satan Guiding them --------

your the one sending them to their slaughter if you don't know the Minister ----the Church is only as knowledgeable as what they are being taught ----So Know your Minister is BORN AGAIN -----or your sending the New Born into destruction

1673879696019.jpeg

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
The responsibility lies with the New Born Babe to find a group of Mature Christians who can direct them properly into their walk with Christ
No. It's the other way around.

My Hope is that people you talk to don't listen to your telling them that they need to go and get help from their Minister to understand the Gospel
That's not what I'm saying. Discipleship is more than Bible study. It's coming along side some one to help them grow spiritually, the way Jesus led the original 12.

your the one sending them to their slaughter if you don't know the Minister
Again, you're missing the point. This isn't about the minister. It's about each mature believer taking responsibility for the new believer. Instead of ignoring them when they come to Christ, we should embrace them, come alongside them, and lead them toward spiritual grow. We're not just suppose to abdicate it to the Holy Spirit. After all, we are the hands and feet of Jesus.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Instead of ignoring them when they come to Christ, we should embrace them, come alongside them, and lead them toward spiritual grow. We're not just suppose to abdicate it to the Holy Spirit. After all, we are the hands and feet of Jesus.
You can't embrace a person who doesn't want to be embraced -----the New Born has to be willing to sit and listen and the Holy Spirit will direct the Mature people to know that -------

Your problem is you don't trust the Holy Spirit ------your trusting in your own ability to do the work of Jesus ----when Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to do His work in us -----

You need to Understand the Role of the Holy Spirit -------He wears many Hats ------and He is the eyes and feet of Jesus NOT US ---HE WORKs THROUGH US -----We on our own are useless -------

70 Functions of the Holy Spirit
By REVTREV

https://revtrev.com/live-light/70-functions-of-the-holy-spirit/
  • He leads and directs. (Matthew 4:1; Mark 1:12; Luke 2:27; 4:1; Acts 8:29; Romans 8:14)
  • The Holy Spirit speaks – in, to and through. (Matthew 10:20; Acts 1:16; 2:4; 13:2; 28:25; Hebrews 3:7)
  • He gives power to cast out devils. (Matthew 12:28)
  • He releases power. (Luke 4:14)
  • The Holy Spirit anoints. (Luke 4:18; Acts 10:38)
  • The Holy Spirit “comes upon” or “falls on”. (Matthew 3:16; Mark 1:10; Luke 2:25; 3:22; 4:18; John 1:32,33; Acts 10:44; 11:15)
  • He baptizes and fills. (Matthew 3:11; Mark 1:8; Luke 1:15,41,67; 3:16, 4:1; John 1:33; Acts 1:4-5; 2:4; 4:8,31; 6:3,5; 7:55; 10:47; 11:24; 13:9,52; 1 Corinthians 12:12)
  • He gives new birth. (John 3:5,8)
  • He leads into worship. (John 4:23)
  • He flows like a river from the spirit man. (John 7:38-39)
  • He ministers truth. (John 14:17; 15:26; 16:13)
  • He dwells in people. (John 14:17; Romans 8:9,11; 1 Corinthians 3:16)
  • The Holy Spirit gives comfort, health, and strength. (John 15:26; Acts 9:31)
  • He proceeds from the Father. (John 15:26)
  • He shows us things to come. (John 16:13)
  • He gives the gift of tongues. (Acts 2:4)
  • He releases prophecy, dreams and visions. (Acts 2:17,18; 11:28)
  • He can transport people physically. (Acts 8:39)
  • The Holy Spirit brings direction and guidance. (Mark 13:36; 13:11; Acts 10:19; 11:12; 21:11; 1 Timothy 4:1
  • He is Holiness. (Romans 1:4)
  • He is the Spirit of life and gives life. (Romans 8:1,10)
  • The Holy Spirit invites us to walk with Him. (Romans 8:4-5)
  • He groans, prays and intercedes. (Romans 8:26-27)
  • He is a Sword. (Ephesians 6:17)
  • The Holy Spirit produces fruit in our lives. (Galatians 5:22-23; Ephesians 5:9)
  • He helps us in our weakness. (Romans 8:26)
  • He bears witness. (Acts 5:32 15:28; 20:23; Romans 8:15-16; Hebrews 10:15; 1 John 4:13; 5:6-8)
  • He is the Spirit of Adoption. (Romans 8:15)
  • He gives power to mortify the deeds of the flesh. (Romans 8:13)
  • He provides power for signs, wonders and preaching. (Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:4)
  • He ministers love. (Romans 15:30)
  • He searches the deep things of God. (1 Corinthians 2:10)
  • He quickens the mortal body. (Romans 8:13)
  • He brings revelation. (Luke 2:25; 1 COrinthians 2:10,12; Ephesians 1:17-19; 3:5)
  • The Holy Spirit reveals to us what has been given by God. (1 Corinthians 2:12)
  • He washes, sanctifies, purifies and justifies. (Romans 15;16, 1 Corinthians 6:11; 2 Thessalonians 2:13; 1 Timothy 3:16; 1 Peter 1:2,22)
  • He gives gifts. (1 Corinthians 12:4-11; Hebrews 2:4)
  • He seals us. (2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 4:30)
  • He is liberty. (2 Corinthians 3:17)
  • He changes us into the image of Christ. (2 Corinthians 3:17)
  • He is the promise of the blessing of Abraham. (Galatians 3:14)
  • He releases a cry to the Father. (Galatians 4:6)
  • He gives access to the Father. (Ephesians 2:18)
  • The Holy Spirit builds us together for a house for God. (Ephesians 2:22)
  • He strengthens us with might. (Ephesians 3:16)
  • He is unity. (Ephesians 4:3-4)
  • He is wine. (Ephesians 5:18)
  • He supplies. (Philippians 1:19)
  • He is fellowship. (2 Corinthians 13;14; Philippians 2:1)
  • He is grace. (Hebrews 10:29)
  • He is glory. (1 Peter 4:14)
  • The Holy Spirit speaks to the churches. (Revelation 2:11,17,29; 3:6,13,22)
  • He calls for the Bridegroom. (Revelation 22:17)
  • The Holy Spirit has the power of conception and anointing for God’s purposes. (Matthew 1:18,20; Luke 1:35)
  • He teaches. (Luke 12:12; John 14:26; 1 Corinthians 2:13; 1 John 2:27)
  • He gives commandments. (Acts 1:2)
  • He provides power to be a witness. (Acts 1:8)
  • He provides boldness. (Acts 4:31)
  • He give sight. (Acts 9:17)
  • He commissions. (Acts 13:4)
  • He restrains. (Acts 16:6)
  • He appoints ministries and gives them authority. (Acts 20:28)
  • He releases love. (Romans 5:5)
  • He is righteousness, peace and joy. (Romans 14:17; 15:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:6)
  • He confesses Christ’s Lordship. (1 Corinthians 12:3)
  • The Holy Spirit brings the gospel. (1 Thessalonians 1:5-6)
  • He is keeping power. (2 Timothy 1:14)
  • He brings renewal. (Titus 3:5)
  • He moves on believers. (2 Peter 1:21)
  • He convicts the world. (John 16:8)

Read more at >>> http://revtrev.com/live-light/70-functions-of-the-holy-spirit/

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
Your problem is you don't trust the Holy Spirit
Again, you're abdicating our responsibility for each other back to God. He's not our magic genie in a bottle. We are to work for His kingdom. We then receive spiritual rewards in heaven.

The more we work, the more we glorify God. All I'm asking is for pastors and preachers to get rid of the long list of prerequisites for ministering to our fellow believers. Please step aside and let us do the job God called us to do. The next time a person raises their hand for Jesus, let someone who has the time to visit with them know about it.

It's really less complicated than we often make it.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
The next time a person raises their hand for Jesus, let someone who has the time to visit with them know about it.

It's really less complicated than we often make it.
Again you disregard the power of the Holy Spirit who dwells within the New Born Babe ---

Who --
  • He leads and directs. (Matthew 4:1; Mark 1:12; Luke 2:27; 4:1; Acts 8:29; Romans 8:14)
  • The Holy Spirit speaks – in, to and through. (Matthew 10:20; Acts 1:16; 2:4; 13:2; 28:25; Hebrews 3:7)

You see here in 2 Peter ---it says God has given us everything we need to live a Godly life -----so the New Born Babe has the power in them -----

-it is up to them to seek out other Mature True Christians to mingle with ----you have the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit who can guide you to the right people to listen to -------you have all the necessary tools to advance in your walk with Christ ----and Notice in this verse it says -----Jesus has given YOU HIS POWER ----to live a life devoted to God -------Man cannot do that ------it says ADD to YOIUR Life ------it doesn't say rely on others to help you add ---

it says ADD TO YOUR LIFE these things ----YOUR responsible to ADD these things ----and your responsible to seek out by and through the Holy Spirit True Christians who you can call upon and associate with ----

3 Jesus has the power of God. And his power has given us everything we need to live a life devoted to God.

do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge;

6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God;

7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

8 If all these things are in you and growing, you will never fail to be useful to God. You will produce the kind of fruit that should come from your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I say --------Then it says this

9 But those who don’t grow in these blessings are blind.

They cannot see clearly what they have. They have forgotten that they were cleansed from their past sins.

2 Peter 1

Easy-to-Read Version

1 Greetings from Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ.

To all of you who share in the same valuable faith that we have. This faith was given to us because our God and Savior Jesus Christ always does what is good and right.

2 Grace and peace be given to you more and more, because now you know God and Jesus our Lord.

God Has Given Us Everything We Need

3 Jesus has the power of God. And his power has given us everything we need to live a life devoted to God.
We have these things because we know him. Jesus chose us by his glory and goodness,

4 through which he also gave us the very great and rich gifts that he promised us. With these gifts you can share in being like God. And so you will escape the ruin that comes to people in the world because of the evil things they want.

5 Because you have these blessings, do all you can to add to your life these things: to your faith add goodness; to your goodness add knowledge;

6 to your knowledge add self-control; to your self-control add patience; to your patience add devotion to God;

7 to your devotion add kindness toward your brothers and sisters in Christ, and to this kindness add love.

8 If all these things are in you and growing, you will never fail to be useful to God. You will produce the kind of fruit that should come from your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But those who don’t grow in these blessings are blind. They cannot see clearly what they have. They have forgotten that they were cleansed from their past sins.

10 My brothers and sisters, God called you and chose you to be his. Do your best to live in a way that shows you really are God’s called and chosen people. If you do all this, you will never fall.

11 And you will be given a very great welcome into the kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, a kingdom that never ends.

I say
We are to work out our own Salvation--------no one can help you do that except the Holy Spirit -------

And this small word----ADD ----means

HELPS Word-studies
2023 epixorēgéō (from 1909 /epí, "appropriately on," which intensifies

5524/xorēgeō, "richly supply everything needed for an ancient chorus to be a grand production") – properly, lavishly supply, as it is suitable (apt) to outfit all that is needed to accomplish a grand objective.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018

Picture this:

Time For Rejoicing

Busy Saving the World

Is there a better way?

Maybe, Maybe Not

why are they going to Uganda?
Or is this story set in Uganda.

Jesus did leave the 99 flock for the one that went astray...but the sheep, being a herd, are meant to look after each other. Are you saying he left wolves in charge? Wolves often go after a lone sheep with no protection.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
why are they going to Uganda?
Great question. Why are we going to Uganda when so many believers in our home countries are suffering from spiritual abandonment?

While those in North Africa and other regions deserve to hear the Gospel, we can be more effective as evangelists if we give training to those here at home.

Jesus did leave the 99 flock for the one that went astray...but the sheep, being a herd, are meant to look after each other.
Exactly. You get the point of the story. Unfortunately, our pastors and church elders are not helping. They stubbornly refuse to step aside and let discipleship take place within their purview. Instead, they place enormous conditions on voluntary service, while abdicating it themselves.

Are you saying he left wolves in charge?
Each time a person raises their hand for Jesus, heaven rejoices. However, at the same time, the enemy and his armies become angry. If left alone, the new believer will face the enemy by themselves. Is this really what we want to happen?

Wolves often go after a lone sheep with no protection.
Exactly.