Are Women worth less than men?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Church2u2

I'm not sure where you're going with this. Yes, Adam knew it was the forbidden fruit. But it looked like the most appealing fruit in the garden because it was forbidden and looked super-tasty. And yes, he listened to Eve rather than to God. But she didn't need to tempt Adam for him to fall into sin. As I've already mentioned, he willfully chose to rebel against God by eating the fruit, along with his wife.
Well I would go on with this but I've decided to just let it go.The rules say something about not trying to teach anyone here on this site and so I'll try to respect that. Sometimes I get a little carried away when discussing the Bible..which is why I try to stay off the BDF..Sometimes a friendly debate can turn ugly. But no hard feelings. You have a nice day.

L

Lillow

Nah man its cool. But like anything can be switched unless the bible says so yes?

T

Tintin

Well I would go on with this but I've decided to just let it go.The rules say something about not trying to teach anyone here on this site and so I'll try to respect that. Sometimes I get a little carried away when discussing the Bible..which is why I try to stay off the BDF..Sometimes a friendly debate can turn ugly. But no hard feelings. You have a nice day.
I feel like you've been stringing me along and then you're not going to finish up? That's a bit rough. There's no rule against teaching God's truth on this website. There are rules against false teaching and the like. Also, there are people who preach here and then nick off. They don't seem to understand that a discussion forum is for discussion and that everyone needs to learn to have a teachable spirit. So please, what is it you're trying to say?

L

LeaveittoGod

If the Bible says it can be switched than yes. However that is only certain things. Teaching at the church is not one to ve switched

T

Tintin

Nah man its cool. But like anything can be switched unless the bible says so yes?
Right. God's Word is by what we measure truth, good and evil, reason, logic etc.

C

Church2u2

I feel like you've been stringing me along and then you're not going to finish up? That's a bit rough. There's no rule against teaching God's truth on this website. There are rules against false teaching and the like. Also, there are people who preach here and then nick off. They don't seem to understand that a discussion forum is for discussion and that everyone needs to learn to have a teachable spirit. So please, what is it you're trying to say?
Okay..I'm going to tell you what I think. .without trying to teach doctrine and please look at it as my own personal belief..Genesis 3:16 Your desire..shall be to thy husband and( he shall rule over you)..to me that sounds like Eve had some type of powerful influence over Adam wether it was because they were one flesh as he said in Genesis 2:23..and 24.But God himself put a stop to it. This may sound like sheer rubbish to you or anyone else . The serpent decieved Eve but he reached Adam through his helpmeet .I believe that when a man and woman are married and also Christians they present a double threat to the devil.I feel like when the husband is being obedient to his head (Jesus) then his wife will have to honor him and listen to him and let him lead because this is how the family as a unit can gain strength. Some one has to lead.But it doesn't mean that one is worth more than the other in God's eyes.Men are called on to be humble and also to love their wives and respect them as the weaker (physically ) vessel. If a man can't follow Christ then how can his wife follow him?But this is for married people. Single Christians should follow Christ.I don't know how this sounds to you But like I said it's my belief. I can respect it if someone disagrees.

T

Tintin

Okay..I'm going to tell you what I think. .without trying to teach doctrine and please look at it as my own personal belief..Genesis 3:16 Your desire..shall be to thy husband and( he shall rule over you)..to me that sounds like Eve had some type of powerful influence over Adam wether it was because they were one flesh as he said in Genesis 2:23..and 24.But God himself put a stop to it. This may sound like sheer rubbish to you or anyone else . The serpent decieved Eve but he reached Adam through his helpmeet .I believe that when a man and woman are married and also Christians they present a double threat to the devil.I feel like when the husband is being obedient to his head (Jesus) then his wife will have to honor him and listen to him and let him lead because this is how the family as a unit can gain strength. Some one has to lead.But it doesn't mean that one is worth more than the other in God's eyes.Men are called on to be humble and also to love their wives and respect them as the weaker (physically ) vessel. If a man can't follow Christ then how can his wife follow him?But this is for married people. Single Christians should follow Christ.I don't know how this sounds to you But like I said it's my belief. I can respect it if someone disagrees.
Thank you. :) I don't disagree with you on the last half of your post, but I will say this. We often understand 'desire' to be understood in a purely romantic sense, but here it absolutely is not. The ancient Hebrew context for the word speaks about Eve wanting to control Adam. She definitely had some effect on him, but she didn't want to control him before The Fall, for he was the God-ordained head of humanity. So that desire to control her husband was a result of sin entering creation. Thanks for sharing. God bless you.

Dec 16, 2012
I'm not sure if this was posted or discussed on here before, but i'd like hear your thoughts on this.

I have a friend. she is mid 20's no believer in Jesus. her family is religious and has a strong biblical worldview. she is frustrated because her family is of the opinion that women and men are not fully and completely equal. the family believes that God create men to lead and be the head of the things like the church, the family, and society in general i guess. MY fiend expressed to me her frustration because she believes the family is "stuck in the past" and holding on to "archaic gender roles".

I'm curious to know how young women feel about this. do you believe that men should lead and women should submit in today's world? what is equality and how do we measure the value of male vs female?

She has my sympathies, but that's the extent of it. She can really use her current situation as a way to grow in God's word. When she encounters these kinds of people, she can learn to develop the fruits of the spirit, and to embrace what her role is in life, in the eyes of God, where there's absolutely no limiting or confining her to any role just because of her gender. A great starting point - there are some inspirational female biblical leaders - point those out to her for encouragement.

I grew up in a male dominated household, but was always taught that a girl can do anything a guy can do, provided she puts her mind to it and works hard, she'll see the fruits of her labour. It's a belief that gave me strength and success in my own life to glorify God.

I know the role of leadership God gave me in life and I love it, being a teacher, making a positive difference to upcoming generations is my passion. God put me through 7 years of rigorous study to get there and perhaps her family, although their position is completely wrong, are part of her challenge to remain committed to Christ, developing tolerance where she'll be better able to serve God at the end of this road. Give your friend as much encouragement and inspiration through prayer and God's word as much as possible and show her nothing and nobody in this world can stop her from fulfilling God's will unless she allows it too.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
I'm not sure if this was posted or discussed on here before, but i'd like hear your thoughts on this.

I have a friend. she is mid 20's no believer in Jesus. her family is religious and has a strong biblical worldview. she is frustrated because her family is of the opinion that women and men are not fully and completely equal. the family believes that God create men to lead and be the head of the things like the church, the family, and society in general i guess. MY fiend expressed to me her frustration because she believes the family is "stuck in the past" and holding on to "archaic gender roles".

I'm curious to know how young women feel about this. do you believe that men should lead and women should submit in today's world? what is equality and how do we measure the value of male vs female?
Well in the world we can overall see, that people who follow the bible are called stupid and oldfashioned. Special in the view of man and woman.
Paul wrote something about in ephesians 5, 22-25. The woman should submit under her husband. and the man should love his wife than Jesus loved the church and gave his lifefor them. If we consider this, than a woman must not feel less worth, then a man is.
Independ on this I found in the bible no verse which shows that a female is less woth then a man. They may have different tasks, but non of them i more ore less worth then the other.
But as i said. The world is not accepting this. And trys successful to destroy the relationship between man and woman. This influences also the church.
The word of god is clear, sad that often man and woman are ignoring it.

M

Miri

There is another aspect also. Families who exercise "man is head of the woman"
often forget the second part about "man loving the woman as Christ loved the church"

In my opinion if the second part was exercised as religiously as the first part, there
would be no problems. Just think about it Jesus loved the church sacrificially!

If a family does not know how to "do" the second part of that, then they
should not be trying to do the first part. Otherwise instead of family life
being based on biblical principles, it ends up causing immeasurable harm.

Many use the first part to excuse poor behaviour, bullying, domineering,
getting one up on their partner, causing poor self image, issues of poor self
worth etc. Feelings of frustration because the women in the family are
denied opportunities to use their gifts and talents etc.
Bump ......

C

Church2u2

If we as Christians can accept The fact that God isn't anything like us then we can accept The fact that when it comes to spiritual things His wisdom far exceeds our own.

C

Church2u2

1st Chronicles 17 in response to David wanting to build God a house He said that Solomon would do it instead..but the point I'm trying to make is what God said about the judges..He called them shepherds and a shepherd leads a flock. 6 "Wherever I have moved about with all Israel, have I ever spoken a word to any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd My people saying "Why have you not built Me a house of cedar?"

C

Church2u2

Then when we look at Judges 4:4 Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, was judging Israel at that time. ) Here is a woman that God raised up to as He said shepherd His people. I believe the husband when he's a Christian can make a better leader in the home. But I do not believe that only a man can be called into Leadership when it comes down to the things of God.He is wiser than what He has created.

C

Church2u2

Judges 2:16. Nevertheless, the Lord raised up judges who delivered them out of the hand of those who plundered them.)But the people wouldn't listen 18 And when the Lord raised up judges for them, the Lord was with the judge and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge; for the Lord was moved to pity by their groaning because of those who oppressed them and harassed them.

C

Church2u2

The God we serve is mighty in Power and He is also a God of order and Love.Sometimes I think that men need to allow the Lord to teach them how to be obedient to Him before they tell wives about being obedient /submissive to her own husband.

C

Church2u2

I just thank Him that my husband is humble enough to let Jesus lead him. It makes it easier for me as his helpmate to follow my husband. Once again these are my opinions and beliefs.

M

MandaL87

When God looked at Adam and saw him and said "It is not good for man to be alone"....who was created? Eve. The only one AND PERFECT creature that was able to fill the role of companion for the one man in the universe...was a woman. She was beautiful and perfect for him for she was in God's image.

So if you ask me...I think the woman has no equal in value.