Are you starting to give up?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

chu_huifen

YouTube - Why - Nicole Nordeman (illustrated)

How many of us are already starting to give up and lost faith nowadays? I saw some people is starting to give up and tired with their condition. Just see how Jesus as a model, He never give up when He should finished His duty on earth, so when I want to give up I'll remind why He is must dead on the cross:D

O

OFM

no i do get tiered at times get discouraged but i keep praying allways thats the main major difference,allways pray allways hope allways choose the joyous joyful joy of Jesus thats all the spiritual difference in this life.
Agnes great thread ur 1st 1......

C

chu_huifen

Actually this is fourth thread :D
Btw this is what I felt for almost 3 weeks, when I saw my spiritual daughter said to me that she was really tired to struggle with her stronghold and want to disappear, in other case I saw my other daughter still enjoy with here comfort zone and its make me almost to gave up with her but when I saw this video, I felt that I don't have any reason to have up with my spiritual daughters like God did to me on the cross and it's make me still put my hope and with on Him :)

M

Miri

I think in our humaness, it is easy to become discouraged and feel like giving up, and most of us have been there at some time or other.

For me, I find it happens if I start to look too much at the world and the problems around me, instead of keeping my attention on Jesus.

I find the best way to overcome discouragement is to go back and think about all the things He has brought me through, all the answered prayers, all the amazing things He has shown me through His word and in dreams and all the things He has done for me. There is nothing like a big dose of thankfuness to overcome discouragement.

I also think discouragement can come directly from the devil who wants us to give up and think on negative things, he wants us to be defeated in spirit.
But in Christ we are more than conquerors and nothing can separate us from the love of God - Rom 8 v 37 - 39

If feeling discouraged, speak out scriptures over yourself, remind yourself of the goodness and love of God and His promises. Remind yourself that in the eyes of God you are a new creation and no longer in condemnation. (Wow just typing this has made me feel better already, I was feeling really tired this morning :D. Im off to church now see you all later).

Bless you chu.

O

OFM

i like that,remembr all the answered prayer,and jn.15 we just need to abide in christ Ps. 62 trust in Him,be at peace allways within OUR Lord Jesus Christ,amen.................

S

shirley

sometimes i want to give up i get tired but i know jesus is there for me always to encourage me though his words and the most hurting difficult time in my life ; the things n people of this world that hurt me is temporary jesus is my comforter and very true friend so i turn my eyes upon him and him only

C

chu_huifen

Yup you're right Shirley and Jeff, just only Jesus who comfort us, refresh our soul and bind our wound :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
honestly sometimes my faith seems stale sometimes but i remember what my life was like before i had god and i keep going. i believe these times when we want to give up are when god is going to mold us and thats why we musn't give up and keep praying

O

OFM

PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY+PRAY PRAY PRAY+PRAY PRAY+PRAY=PRAY/PRAYERFULLY PRAYED PRAYERS....

G

gcaro7l

no, but there was a time in my life I also wanted to surrender and give up and when I thought about it, I was embraced by the Lord and He told me don't give up my child, I will not forsake you because I love you and that will never change.

Lord Jesus said, If you never felt pain, then how would you know that I am a Healer? If you never felt sadness, how would you know that I am a Comforter? If you never made a mistake, how would you know that I am a Forgiver? If you never were in trouble, how would you know that I will come to your rescue? If you never had any suffering, then how would you know what I went through? Child, If life was perfect, would you still want to know me?

C

chu_huifen

no, but there was a time in my life I also wanted to surrender and give up and when I thought about it, I was embraced by the Lord and He told me don't give up my child, I will not forsake you because I love you and that will never change.

Lord Jesus said, If you never felt pain, then how would you know that I am a Healer? If you never felt sadness, how would you know that I am a Comforter? If you never made a mistake, how would you know that I am a Forgiver? If you never were in trouble, how would you know that I will come to your rescue? If you never had any suffering, then how would you know what I went through? Child, If life was perfect, would you still want to know me?
I love your statement graco7 :D
You're right that There's no reason for us to give up cause with many problem we know that we need God :)

G

gcaro7l

I love your statement graco7 :D
You're right that There's no reason for us to give up cause with many problem we know that we need God :)

Thanks chu, To God be all the Glory! :)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

wow that is amazingingly insightful and true:D

O

OFM

LETS ALL:go forward in OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST TOGETHER ALLWAYS amen!!!!!!!!!!