Are you weak?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So please do not take offence to the title because I am going to explain it. This subject is on our own weaknesses. Believe me I know my weaknesses, I know how I see and judge with my own eyes and not God's, how I still can only love othrs with my own fleshly heart and not his. I am a hypocrite as I teach not to do these things yet have still to grow enough in these areas. I have two major mountains that have been far too strong for me all my faith.

Do you have weaknesses? addictions? the habit to do what you know not to do? are you weak in so many areas that it constantly nags at you? Do you ask yourself why can't you be strong? Well I am here to tell you that you don't have to be strong that is why we have Jesus. I learned this long ago while going on one of my walks, I was talking to God about how I wish I was strong enough to shatter these mountains into a million pieces, and that I was strong like he was. But then I thought to myself- wait I don't have to be strong because God can be strong for me. I then heard what I thought was God say Exactly!

Do you ever wonder why God would make you with the problems and weaknesses you have? asking how come others don't seem to have these issues? I wondered this as well once, but then I came to realize God allowed these weaknesses and troubles so that he could prove his power and faithfulness to you when he himself makes you strong enough to swat these problems and weaknesses away like a fly. Hence you finally understand how powerful he is how you can truly rely on him for everything.

Something else I have found is that we want to be strong all the time yes? To have great faith no doubts and such or really just to be strong like him? Well I found is that there are many time we do need to be strong so we should never quit striving to be, but there are also time we need not to be strong and completely rely on him in our faith and problems.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
Great thoughts, Blaine. Good stuff.

Dotann

Jan 28, 2012
To answer your question... Yesereee!!! I am as weak as they come and for that reason, if i were NOT weak, why on earth would i need Jesus in the first place then? For only those who think they are strong dont really need a Saviour or a confident, an advisor, a shoulder to lean on, a helper, a Shepherd and so much more that i cant even say it all? Jesus is everything to me! He is the air i breathe, the food i eat and the freind closer than anyone i know. When i am down and hurting and when i am alone, frightened, in pain or have times of despair, Its Jesus who i call out too and its Jesus alone who answers me! Jesus is my King, and my love and my all! When i was in the hospital and on deaths door, it was Jesus alone who came to my rescue when no man, no Dr, no other autority could solve or help me. So i answer again. YES, I am weak! Yes i am as weak as they come, but only due to the mercy and grace of my Lord, my God and my King, but most of all, my loyal and trustworthy Friend am i strong and here, for He has made me HIS! AND for that I praise Him every day! Not for making me perfect, for that i am not, but for making me His and knowing He will never leave me while i am His! Thank You Jesusf for all you have done for me and who you are! :D

E

exsheeple65

Well said indeed ... I have been a Christian for most of my life ... and struggled with weakness for decades ... it was my fault .. the power to overcome was in his hands not mine. Now, I just cry out to the Lord and beg for help ... it works wonders.

L

letti

Yes,Blaine I can admit I have a few things I should work on,and I am.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
You know every time I think of my weaknesses or when I sin and I feel bad a part of a song I heard that I believe was God speaking to me through it comes to mind every time. It says I am going to make you stronger.

May 15, 2013
We all are weak and as long as we are in the flesh, we all going to fail sometime or another. God just looking at those that put up a good fight, but He know that we can't keep it up for so long, that is why He has shorten our lives here on earth. God had taken Moses when he was at his peak, that is why God taken Moses on the mountain top, because it symbolized that he has reached his peak and from then on, Moses would have went down hill.

Matthew 4:6“If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written: “‘He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”

L

letti

You are strong to admit your weak.God honors honesty from anybody.I'f you can't admit your weak you can't get better.

L

letti

I used to ignore the things, I had trouble with and they never got better and it only worked to stall my growth with Christ.I was only fooling myself.Now that I am working it out it is changing for the better.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
And strangely enough, it has brought peace to my life knowing that for as long as I live, I will always have those areas of weakness where I'll be forced to see my God overcome them in me.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Honestly though If it weren't for my weaknesses I never would have known How Much I needed God in my heart, So in a way I rejoice of my weaknesses as they showed me my dependency for him. I ask my self some times what does it truly mean to be strong? to me it is to have all the wonderful characteristics Of Jesus on the deepest level possible. Honestly I have faith God will mold me to where one day I will have all his characteristics on the deepest level he desires.
In my mind I think that is not possible because of my flesh but my heart says anything is possible with God go for it!

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
Proverbs 3:11-12 "My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline,
and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
as a father the son he delights in."

Sep 8, 2012
Weaknesses? I know of no such things.
- - -I am perfectly able to adjust to all things easily, - Piece O' friggin' Cake........

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Weaknesses? I know of no such things.
- - -I am perfectly able to adjust to all things easily, - Piece O' friggin' Cake........
LOL, luckily I know you too well that even if you didn't joke about saying that I would know in your heart you know how dependent you are on God because of your weaknesses. That and you love him so take that!

B

BeanieD

You are so right Blaine Amen!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
2nd Corinthians 12:6) For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

7 .) And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 .) For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 .) And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 .) Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
I am weak and these words give me strength:

Hebrews 12:3-11, "For consider Him Who endured such opposition against Himself from sinners, so that you would not become weary, and faint in your minds. You yourselves have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as unto sons: My son, do not despise the chastening of Yahweh, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; For whom Yahweh loves, He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives. If you endure chastening, Yahweh deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not
chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all are partakers, then you are bastards and not sons. Furthermore, we have had fleshly fathers who corrected us, and we gave them reverence; should we not even more be subject to Father Yahweh, and live? For they truly chastened us for a few days as they thought best; but He, for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness. Now no chastening seems to be joyful at the present time, but grievous; nevertheless, afterward it produces the peaceable fruit of righteousness, that is, for those who have been trained by it."

I

Imperfect

Lord knows im weak..

problems are like habits. once you break one, another develops in its place.