Are you wise in your own eye’s?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 11, 2012
Are you wise in your own eye’s?

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Isa 5:21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

I am seeing a lot who profess Christ today, having no problem’s mixing evil with good, and putting darkness for light, where the bitter comes before the sweet.
They become wise in their own eyes ignoring the word of God, and following their carnal mind, that was never crucified with Christ, through the process of repentance!
They will fight tooth and nail to justify why they can mix with the world, copy exactly what those who are not of God love to indulge in, and then come up with the gray area straw man excuse making their dead conscience feel good about their double mindedness!
But here is the great dilemma; until they come to a real saving faith, that involves, a great crisis of conviction, brokenness, humility, and a contrite heart, full of remorse and a vehement desire to do what is right by stopping all known sin and rebellion Against God, then they will never see why their worldly pastimes are keeping them in bondage and in the dark
Mat 6:23 But if your eye is evil, your whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
The darkness must come into the light, and this is not a lifetime experience many in the system with try and prove, this is a one-time occurrence that can only happen when you do this first:
Jas 1:20 For the wrath of man does not work out the righteousness of God.
Jas 1:21 Therefore putting aside all filthiness and overflowing of evil, receive in meekness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Then and only then will the light mixing darkness crowd see why their worldly entertainments that include violence, adult situations, foul language, as well as witchcraft, and the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life, are not of God but of the devil, polluting their mind and taking up valuable time they could be spending in searching the scriptures to be sure they are IN the truth.
They will go on and on, about their favorite video roll playing games, and favorite dark Hollywood movies, plus defend their right to spent many hours a week indulging in sports idolatry, while their soul and the souls of their church friends and family are perishing.
The truth is far from their minds, as they fill it with the brain dead world’s philosophy and wonder why they cannot stop lusting, cussing, getting drunk, and running with the heathen world.
A sure tell tell sign a professing Christian is still carnal sold under sin is when you bring them the word of God, telling them to do the word of God, and they come with every excuse imaginable why they are exempt from the commands clearly defined in scripture. Such as:
Repent, and prove deeds worthy of their repentance!
Go and sin no more unless something worse happens to them!
Love not the world, not the things in it! (Putting these things above God and purity)
Abstaining from all appearances of evil!
Keeping oneself spotted from the world!
Coming out from among her and being separate!
Keeping your mind and heart on things above, not on things of this world!
Have NO fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness!
Be Holy, be separate!
Do not defile the temple of God (body, mind, and spirit)
Friendship with the world is enmity with God!
That which those of the world highly esteem is an abomination to God!
Test all things, hold fast to the good!
Keep yourselves from idols!
I am not saying enjoying some clean and appropriate entertainments and diversions are wrong or sin, But I am saying those who have never repented and crucified their flesh as commanded, will not be able to discern the dark from the light, and have no difficulties in mixing them and calling them Christian! They bought into the repeat after me lie being sold as truth today, where you come into the kingdom IN your sins and worldliness, no real repentance and working dynamic faith working through love, and no separation from the world and flesh, the old man stays alive and well!
They are told over and over again, God loves them as they are, which to most this means a vile, wretched sinner, still double minded, where the flesh is alive and well, seeing nothing wrong with mixing the light with the darkness, because it just the normal behavior pattern according the their beloved pastors, who boldly claim you can come into the kingdom as a vile sinner, and God will clean them up later!
Meanwhile they are carnal sold under sin, unable to repent as commanded, and unable to receive the Holy Spirit of God because light cannot mix with darkness, and the holy cannot merge with the profane!
2Co 6:17 Therefore come out from among them and be separated, says the Lord, and do not touch the unclean thing. And I will receive you
2Co 6:18 and I will be a Father to you, and you shall be My sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.
So come out from among them as commanded, be bold, and count the cost, get right before God, through real repentance and faith, and put your love and affection for the dark things of the world behind you!
Jas 4:7 Therefore submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Jas 4:8 Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners; and purify your hearts, double-minded ones.
Jas 4:9 Be afflicted, and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to heaviness.
Jas 4:10 Be humbled before the Lord, and He will lift you up.
This humility can only come from a broken repentant heart, through an obedient faith, following Jesus on the narrow road, denying self and the dark things of the world!
Tommy
PS, remember we are to guard our hearts above all things, so be diligent to put into your mind the things of God,
Php 4:8 Finally, my brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are right, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think on these things.

A

Abiding

Nope, but my cat thinks i am:)

T

Tintin

I think we all have times that we fall to the sin of pride, rather than walk in the humility of God. So honestly, I can say that I sometimes do feel wise when I'm not. How about you, Tommy? Do you feel wise in your own eyes? Come on, be truthful now. We can't just look at the specks in other people's eyes. God requires complete honesty.