Arias off the hook for a lethal injection

• Thread starter Viligant_Warrior
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

Hung jury in Jodi Arias sentencing phase removes possibility of death sentence

DEVELOPING: The jury in the Jodi Arias case tasked with deciding whether she should be sentenced to life in prison or death for killing her lover nearly seven years ago was unable to agree on terms of sentencing Thursday, removing the possibility of a death sentence.

The judge declared a mistrial and will sentence Arias to either life in prison or a life term with the possibility of release after 25 years.
Second time a jury hasn't been able to reach a verdict on sentencing. Juries aren't very prone to sentencing a woman, particularly a "pretty woman," to Death Row.

C

cmarieh

Of course what she did was wrong, but maybe death row wasn't where God wanted her. It could be that God will send someone to minister to her and who knows from there. With God nothing is impossible.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I'm thinking the Judge will sentence her to "life." But that is just my opinion only............so.

The other option is Life with the possibility of parole after 25 years.

The sentence (by Arizona Law) must be Life...........the only question is will the Judge afford her the opportunity of a chance of parole?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Second time a jury hasn't been able to reach a verdict on sentencing. Juries aren't very prone to sentencing a woman, particularly a "pretty woman," to Death Row.
Hmm, pretty being in the eye of the beholder I suppose.........I didn't find her all that! :)

V

Viligant_Warrior

Hmm, pretty being in the eye of the beholder I suppose.........I didn't find her all that! :)
Well, compared to ...

AileenWuornosTwo.jpg
Aileen Wuornos, Florida serial killer

... she's a regular beauty queen! BTW, a Florida jury took about an hour and a half to sentence Aileen to death.