Asking non christian friends to go to church with you.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Bev42

I just wanted to bring up this subject and see what everyone thinks about it. I just want to know how everyone went about getting their non christian friends into church. I want to, but all I know how to do is pray.

B

BeauBLESSED

Well of course it's only a good idea if the friend shows interest. It can be a bit confronting to ask them straight-up without being prompted to do so.

B

Bev42

I dont exactly get what your trying to say.

M

marjswann

I just wanted to bring up this subject and see what everyone thinks about it. I just want to know how everyone went about getting their non christian friends into church. I want to, but all I know how to do is pray.
Well...I got my friends to come by just asking them. It seems rude to ask them when they are in the middle of getting dressed for a the BIGGEST party of the year because it may come off as being judgmental, but if you mention church and see their response to it, (ie "Man I hate church" or "Oh its cool") you'll know whether to ask them or how to come off when you ask them. For some of my friends I wasnt too eager to ask, but I did want them to come, so I let God speak to them through my actions...I participated in church activities, I prayed constantly, and I didnt push it on them. After a while they began to ask..."Where have you been going every wednesdays? I'd say "The youth meeting @ church"..."Why didnt you say anything back when she called you a loser?..."I've been praying for self control"...ETC.

Its remarkable how God can use you to reach friends. :)

-MJ

B

Bev42

Thanks alot guys. I appreciate your answers.

R

romans1212

I face this problem sometimes. Just pray that God will guide you. You never know, he may set up the perfect opportunity for you. You can justfind courage and ask. Try not to like tackle the person with it or anything, but just sort of slip it into casual conversation. Talk about how you enjoy church, and just see if they want to come along one sunday. If they say no, don't pressure it. Just pray for them and try again after a couple of weeks. Good luck.

B

BeauBLESSED

I dont exactly get what your trying to say.
Sorry man. No one ever does! ;)

Well, imagine if your non-Christian friend(s) said, for example: "I would be interested to see how your minister delivers his messages about God". You can take this as an opportunity to invite the person to join you to church one morning because they are showing interest in going to church.

However, if they have shown no interest, or even create slander about the Christian faith, then you can assume that they won't want to join you in going to church and you should probably refrain from asking them unless they begin to show interest in future.

I hope that by elaborating my points you can understand it better. God blessingz :)

B

Bev42

I get it now. Thanks.

J

JJluvsJesus

What I usually do is discuss the idea of religion with them through casual conversation. Once it seems like it's in the all clear I usually have no reason not to invite people. The worst thing they can do is say no. If they're really a friend they wont condemn you for your beleif.

A

AJllovesJC

For a long time, almost none of my friends showed an interest in Christ until about a month ago.
Keep praying for opportunities, mine all seemed to come at once and was a little overwhelming but definitely amazing!
One of my ex-agnostic friends has fully given her life to God and a couple of my other friends are continuing to come to my church!

Just keep praying and maybe put little hints out there once in a while, just reminding them that the can come to church with you whenever :)
God bless you!

K

Kelseybear

I all ways invite them to events not the just services.I asked my friend to a 4th of July party at my church and asked when the next event was.Tiffany started coming on Sundays.that was a year ago and she started getting closer with God.just keep praying for your friends and give it time.God is the only who can creat something so big in little time

B

BeauBLESSED

That's so cool! :)

P

portert100

I've invited friends to christian youth festivals and other get-togethers and they loved it! I haven't brought them along to my church coz it might be a little too intense for them yet. I'm just allowing God to draw them :]

Muddy

Jul 18, 2010
The way I feel is that it really never hurts to ask. The worst things your friends can do is say no. I've invited multple friends to church, and some of them have even converted.

G

Grey

Unfortunately church is one of the biggest turn off's for nonchristians...

Jan 1, 2010
You could just ask them to come with you. They're not gonna eat you or anything . If they disagree, its ok.
Just let God do his work in them to draw them closer to him.
On your part, you can pray for them, that He touches their hearts and they thirst for his love.
:)

P

peachetty

do you have a youth group? if so invite them to that first youth groups are more fun (normally) and it may be more attractive to them at first then after a few YG's invite them to a regular servus then maybe out to lunch or somthing...just till they get comfortable with the idea..i dont mean leave out any of the God stuff but just let them know its not anything boreing...i think most non christians think church is just some boreing old building where a bunch of old ppl come to talk to a god they dont believe in or care to pluss they may of had a bad exsperience with "church ppl" and they would be singled out and stared at by a bunch of cold ppl. we know thats not true and there are nice ppl full of the love and joy of God!
good luck!