Assisted Suicide?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2011
i apologize if this is not a nice thread but i just want to hear some people's opinions on it, like i think if someone is suffering so much that they cannot live or be happy that it is ok, i myself don't think i would but i don't want to judge people's happiness of how they die.

O

oracle2world

There is no obligation for anyone to accept extraordinary medical intervention to extend their life. I had an in-law who got a liver transplant, that failed, and a second liver, then died. Not a great way to spend your last month on earth.

When it is over, it is over, but not for us to decide or help out.

Dec 19, 2011
I know what you are saying i myself would try and survive as long as possible even if it meant enduring pain and suffering however say someone very young is hit by a disease which he can't live with, it just seems fair to let them do what they want. But thats my opinion you can think whatever you want

W

wwjd_kilden

^ That is difficult.
People who are "terminal" (close to death) in hospitals will often be given increased amounts of painkillers to ensure they don't have pain. Such painkillers are, in large amounts, suppressors (they "slow down" important functions in the body, like respiration), so if a person under medical care is in such a situation, they will often be drugged (if it is not against their will), to an extent where they are in a half doze, and at the very and, technically the dose of painkillers can lead to death. It is not considered taking their life when this occurs in a situation where the person would be likely to pass away soon in either case.