At a crossroads!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 18, 2013
Im trying so hard to find my way and open my heart and soul to God. But sometimes i feel like he hates me :( i try and try to make things right, and then something bad happens again. My sons father left us, he just went for a drive and did not come back, when i rang him he said he was done because i did not go through my journey to find god fast enough for him and that he wanted to save himself and live for god. I get that he wants to live for god, i really do and never ever stopped him while he was on his spiritual journey.

Our child is 2 years old and cries for his father most days, he is my baby boy and all i want to do is hurt his father when i see my son in that emotional pain. So i decided to get intouch again with his father to sort out visit, he has taken him for dinner two nights in 3 weeks, cancelled two other nights, and he texts or calls saying he cries for our son everyday and night, i dont believe him because he has cancelled on seeing our son and was not even going to get in contact with us when he decided to leave i had to call him.

i need a prayer and fast!!!! I have never said a prayer before and would not have a clue how to say one. I want to forgive him and move on, it just seems hard. I wake every morning and my son will say "jesus loves you mummy" when he first said that to me i cried alday!!!!

How do i stop hating my sons father? How would i start a prayer? Please help me :( feeling stuck!!!!

K

kenisyes

As far as saying a prayer, "Jesus, help!" has worked for many.

As far as this business about you not having gone through your spiritual journey fast enough, that is not an acceptable comment from any Christian for a variety of reasons that you, as a non-christian, are not expected to know or be held accountable for. Pretend he never said that; God certainly is not telling you that.

God wants to love you. Jesus is the way to Him. Forget what the outside circumstances look like, call out for help to the invisible air many times if you have to, and let Him respond as He knows you need, not as someone else thinks needs to happen.

With any kind of luck (based on experiences I have known of) you will soon be able to pray effectively for and with your son, and this thing will start to turn around. Then you will see how not to hate, and maybe even how to help your son's father.

If you have a Bible, and it is not handy, get it out of storage and put it where you can read it. God will tell you when, and how.

P

ptlman

Praying to God is just like you talking to any other person, except that HE is all knowing, all powerful, and ever present. He is there like your son told you. He loves you and is going to be there to help you through this situation.

There should never be a time frame put on how quickly a person's spiritiual journey takes. I believe that your sons Dad just used this as a way to escape. It is going to turn out to be for the best. Rom 8:28 tells us that God brings good out of every situation. He doesn't promise to turn the situation around, but that GOOD is going to come out of it. You have a son who loves the Lord. You can learn from him, because we are to have that childlike faith. The faith where we don't understand whats going to happen, but we are going to believe in God.

Let me tell you that God is faithful. I have experienced quite a bit in my life and God has been good. He has brought me through, strengthened me, and is preparing me to serve Him. He has a plan and purpose for your life. Whatever you go through, after you make it through; God will use it as a ministry tool.

The thing to do right now is to truly seek God. Come before Him and cry out to Him. Let Him know what is bothering you, confess your sins, and ask Him to work in you. He wants to work in you and He will. Know that you have men and women here who care about you. May God Richly Bless and Keep you.

J

jesus4ua4me

Hate can poision you on the inside if your hold fast to that hate it will consume you and can turn into much more! Letting go is never easy because we are all to often familiar to what pain feels like and we know that it happens but most of the time we can not get over why? I know forgiveness if hard but to get over hate i think you must forgive yourself for holding on to it, forgive the things in your head that make you analize what you may have been able to do to change it, and forgive your husband only in sense that you release him from what he has done to you so that you can let the lord handle him and the life he leads. It will be hard for awhile and I will pray for your strength!But you need to know your walk with jesus may be slow but it is one thing I know it is gods timing and you will be lead by him alone..you do not have to pray a right way pray as if you are talking face to face to him or any person..it can short and sweet it does not matter the duration,consistantancy,or the type of words you use!all of those things take time and in time you can find a place in your life and walk were you look forward and not back and your prayers will be more and more confortable and heartfelt!I pray for the healing of your heart and your family!Hold your baby and look at that blessing from god and know he needs you and the lord will provide you with the strength you need to hold yourself together so you can take care of you both!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Huge hugs, praying for you, your son, and for your husband in Jesus for all the streangth, healing , forgiviness, peace and comfort needed during this time.

God bless
pickles