At peace with my singleness for the first time ever!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LilyLight77

You know I'm 20 going on 21, and singleness has really been a hard road to walk apon. Ive been single all my life, all through my elder teens all I ever wanted to be was in a relationship that one day I would get married. Ive always wanted to marry young.

But every year I would still be single. I fight loneliness like every other human being out there.

Now that I'm comming up on 21 I have to say for the first time in my life I have peace with being single. I met this really sweet young couple at this youth conference I went to a month ago. They where just so full of the love of God! Ive always was tought wait on the Lord for the one God has for you.

It always used to frustrate me when people talked about waiting. But after meeting that beautiful couple that just was a huge testimony of God bringing a Godly man, and Godly women together in his perfect timing.

I never cryed so hard until I met this Holy Spirit filled couple. They prayed over me and really just brought peace to my heart about waiting on the Lord for that one God has planned for me.

So what I'm trying to say is, all you single people out there! I know it's hard but God does have his perfect timing. He himself proved to me that he really does bring the right spouse to you in his timing.

I feel if God wanted me to wait 10 or 20 or 30 more years for the "one" I would! I would have my tough days like I do once in a while when it comes to pining for my future husband.

But ive come to learn that it truely is Jesus that makes the relationship when it comes to anykind of relationship for that matter.

Like how can you have a Godly relationship without the God part? You can't.

Thank you Jesus, for the first time I truely can say being single is a gift not a curse. It allows me to become closer to you. Do your will Lord for truely without you, where woud any of us be?

from a fellow sister who is dealing with her singleness daily,

LilyLight77

B

Bea22

Thanks for sharing :)
Being single is great, when you can embrace it... I think it's important to not worry about the future, because if you do, you start thinking about who he is and when you will meet him, and how much time you have left, etc etc..
Sizing up potentials all the time and then sometimes never having potentials anyway... waste of time because God already has one planned out for you.. Just let go... and be happy in the meantime :)

L

LilyLight77

HAHA so true, I learned that lesson the hard way sister! But thanks to My Awesome Jesus, I am at peace at just being single and flowing with my Jesus through life till he brings me that one he has planned for me. :D

Thanks for sharing :)
Being single is great, when you can embrace it... I think it's important to not worry about the future, because if you do, you start thinking about who he is and when you will meet him, and how much time you have left, etc etc..
Sizing up potentials all the time and then sometimes never having potentials anyway... waste of time because God already has one planned out for you.. Just let go... and be happy in the meantime :)

S

Sarah_D

Now that I'm comming up on 21 I have to say for the first time in my life I have peace with being single. I met this really sweet young couple at this youth conference I went to a month ago. They where just so full of the love of God! Ive always was tought wait on the Lord for the one God has for you.

It always used to frustrate me when people talked about waiting. But after meeting that beautiful couple that just was a huge testimony of God bringing a Godly man, and Godly women together in his perfect timing.

Don't you just Love it when that happens !

I never cryed so hard until I met this Holy Spirit filled couple. They prayed over me and really just brought peace to my heart about waiting on the Lord for that one God has planned for me.

Rejoicing with you!

But ive come to learn that it truely is Jesus that makes the relationship when it comes to anykind of relationship for that matter.

Like how can you have a Godly relationship without the God part? You can't.

Amen Amen

Thank you Jesus, for the first time I truely can say being single is a gift not a curse. It allows me to become closer to you. Do your will Lord for truely without you, where woud any of us be?

Aww exactly :D
Thanks for sharing, i really enjoyed reading what you shared & you've encouraged me too!
I'm so glad Jesus has brought you HIS peace..
He knows what and who you need..
Please be encouraged by HIM daily to grow up into HIM in all things!
..And to trust in HIM who knows who fits perfectly together.

Rejoice evermore.

Pray without ceasing.. xx

N

nonie

Hi Sarah, yes waiting on the Lord is very important when you are looking for a mate. If i may suggest that you search the scriptures for the joy of being single. First of all Paul said if possible we should be as he single for we have more time to spend on God and His work, as where if we were married we would have to put time into the things of earth taking care of the husband and house. He even goes as far as to say that people who are single are blessed. So yes wait on the Lord do His work, seek his guidance For what He wants you to do with your life and once you seek Him and His kingdom then all else will be added unto. God bless you. Trust me i wish i would have listened and waited on the Lord for my husband instead i had to take the hard road to find him. Two children and a five year failed marriage in which i was emotionally abused. So please wait and pray.

S

Sarah_D

Hi Sarah, yes waiting on the Lord is very important when you are looking for a mate. If i may suggest that you search the scriptures for the joy of being single. First of all Paul said if possible we should be as he single for we have more time to spend on God and His work, as where if we were married we would have to put time into the things of earth taking care of the husband and house. He even goes as far as to say that people who are single are blessed. So yes wait on the Lord do His work, seek his guidance For what He wants you to do with your life and once you seek Him and His kingdom then all else will be added unto. God bless you. Trust me i wish i would have listened and waited on the Lord for my husband instead i had to take the hard road to find him. Two children and a five year failed marriage in which i was emotionally abused. So please wait and pray.
Oh no.. Nonie & LilyLight77.. please pardon me.. I tried to figure out how to multi-quote (hence the colours to tell the difference who is who).. and just found out there's a button :eek: lol so the OP is LilyLight77 not me nonie.

Your post is funny though, in that i was just reading another thread earlier today about being called to marriage or single-life.. and I've always thought that am called to a single-life.. but have been wondering about if I am ready for marriage now..

GOD Bless you too nonie.. lol maybe this misunderstanding was for me to reconsider marriage and carry on in single-life.. Hmm............ So THANKS nonie lol xx

D

DIYhappiness

amen!! you will find the one when the right time comes!