"ATRACTION TO MEN?" O.o;

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

WalkInChristsLove

Don't know if it's just me but, I'm a nice young gal who never found any guys attractive.

I've been to counseling and think it has to do with past bullying BY MALES.

I want to settle down with a nice young man but don't know where to start.

Have some male friends but their more like brothers to me.

***ANY advise from those that have had relationships. What age did you start? I'm going on 22 and have NEVER dated in my LIFE but want to. Feel...so...LONELY. :(

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Honesty, your healing is only going to come by turning completely to Christ and letting Him heal you. It took literally years for me to believe that He had someone for me, that not all men hit and are abusive, and that I am worthy to be loved. Focus on Christ, let Him in fully, and rejoice in the waiting. I am 32 and have always been single and, though there have been times of loneliness, I rejoice in the time God has given me to grow, heal, hear, and learn as a single woman. No regrets.

W

WalkInChristsLove

True. And that's where I.think I'm.Beter off then my sisters. I guess I felt pressured by my counselor but at this time I am.learning SO much about myself. II still got a lot to learn but the lord helps me...always. :) thanks for speaking up. Needed the encouragement. I think I've been told about waiting for a good reason. Having to wait makes my heart grow stronger. .

C

chu_huifen

I'm start dated when I was junior high school, in 18 years old I decide to say goodbye for dating. 2 weeks ago I broke up with my ex.
Its hurt when u dated with wrong person in wrong time. I learned to put all of my desire to dated with someone and I wait for His time patiently. I know He will send me a Godly man in His time :)
From my experience, if I were u, I won't worry bout relationship. Believe me its worth to u to wait until u really ready have a commitment for dating with someone who is can keep your heart safe rather than u have dated with wrong person who'll hurt and break your heart.

Talk bout attraction to man, I have good link for u Committed to Love: A letter for girls
Hope it can help u
God bless :)

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
Some guys don't look like men. Maybe a face like this would be attractive to someone who isn't attracted to the brawny paper towel guy.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Some guys don't look like men. Maybe a face like this would be attractive to someone who isn't attracted to the brawny paper towel guy.

Not recommended.
1Cor.6

[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Don't know if it's just me but, I'm a nice young gal who never found any guys attractive.

***ANY advise from those that have had relationships. What age did you start? I'm going on 22 and have NEVER dated in my LIFE but want to. Feel...so...LONELY. :(

yeaaaaah i had this problem once, wasn't attracted to men at all

<-- that was until i met this foxxy man. We've been together 2 and half days now. Were so in love :)

J

Jullianna

Maybe it isn't that you aren't attracted to men at all, but rather that you haven't met one yet who behaves in a manner you find attractive in a romantic way....one who will treat you as you should be treated. If this gets to be an obsession though, perhaps CHRISTIAN counseling would be helpful.

Waiting is tough, but it's worth it.

L

lonewolf

Sounds like you need counseling to get over the hurt cause its keeping you from feeling love. Peace.

D

djness

yeaaaaah i had this problem once, wasn't attracted to men at all

<-- that was until i met this foxxy man. We've been together 2 and half days now. Were so in love :)
You know that is Snoop Doggs highschool photo?

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
I just wanna say, there's nothing wrong with male friends who are like brothers. They might help you more at this stage than a guy who wants to marry you.

R

rauleetoe

Have you done any Christian counseling? Maybe it would get to the root cause spiritually speaking and further address those issues, baggage with men. I am sorry you've undergone hurt from men. I met someone who's amazing for a young lady and loves God but has been hurt by a guy and years later it still affects her, sadly..But I believe our God is a God of healing and restoration. Read his word daily..even if its a little each day..and pray often..and look into christian counseling by a professional trained counselor. Think that may help..

A

aprilandkeion

You are not attracted to guys because you dont Trust them its maybe because of your past, maybe youre thinking that they have bad intention to you even if nothing is done to you, youre just like advancing youre mind...Its up to you if you let go the past, or continue to live on the past.

May 29, 2012
All I can say is be your self, dont rush to the dating scine. Enjoy you life and have fun with your friends. Remember that a friend can be the one that is right for you. spacially if they know all your faults, your short commings, have stood by you in your bad days and seen you without your make up on.
But still answer your calls and still listen to you and tell you the truth for your benefit.

Last edited:
H

Hethr

I have a similar problem but not the same cause, I'm just so picky, I am definitely attracted to men, but attraction happens rarely to anyone eligible. Not that it really causes a problem as I don't get asked out and I'm not sure why I'm so picky.. Ah well, can't really help it. I do know that attraction isn't always instant, it can grow the more you get to know someone.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I have a similar problem but not the same cause, I'm just so picky, I am definitely attracted to men, but attraction happens rarely to anyone eligible. Not that it really causes a problem as I don't get asked out and I'm not sure why I'm so picky.. Ah well, can't really help it. I do know that attraction isn't always instant, it can grow the more you get to know someone.
Oh, me too. I am SO picky. LOL. Not just any bloke will do. And, since I am a princess worth waiting for, I have the right to be picky. :)

R

rainacorn

All of the threads on this forum might lead someone to believe that you HAVE TO be in romantic relationships and you HAVE TO get married.

Jesus said it's not for everyone. Marriage is an honor, a responsibility and a service and not everyone is up for it (hence the divorce rates and staggering number of multiple marriages).

Ignore social pressures. Be satisfied with the relationships in your life... family and friends can often be just as fulfilling, if not moreso. Plus Paul calls these relationships distractions and talks about how great it is to have so much time to focus on the Lord. That is as much a gift as the call to be married and raise children.

When and if God wants you to seek out a relationship, trust that He will put it on your heart and lead you in the right direction.