Attracting Taken/Married Guys

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sophia95

I'm always attracting men in relationships, anyone has any idea why that may be? Should I be avoiding talking to them? I do it in a friendly way but it suddenly leads to them giving me compliments etc. I also have this guy in a relationship with a kid that constantly texts me, I reply because I feel rude when I don't. How can I get him to stop talking me to me? Should I ignore him? What's the nice way to go about it? I tried ignoring him yesterday and I got another text saying 'ignorant' as he knew I was ignoring him as it says on the app we use, he constantly rings me too, I was once in love with this guy, still do have a bit of feelings for him but I love God more than anyone and want to stay away from anything that can effect my relationship with God, single Men I attract always want sex, or are not Christians. I have asked God for a Christian man and I believe he will give me that, really need some advice, thank you in advance for your help

V

valtafjoe

There is not much you can do to make people stop being attracted to you. You could ask them why they are attracted to you but I don`t think that is a good idea. Or you could decide to look unattractive. I don`t suggest you do this either.

I am guessing that all these men you are talking about are christian men. If so then the problem is with them and not you. Yes you probably should avoid talking to them if they are always acting inappropriately. The girlfriends could end up thinking that you are the one who is seducing or leading them on. About the guy with the kid tell him to stop and if not tell him you will delete and block him. Ignoring people without letting them know why will only make them bitter and mad at you.
You say you were once in love with this guy?? What exactly made you love him? Did you even date the guy?

Most men (even christians) if not all want sex and I think it`s normal to want sex, you just have to find one that is willing to wait for marriage.
Hope I helped.

M

mamasan

It really is kinder to set him straight than to perhaps give him the impression you enjoy hearing from him. I am glad that you want to please God, so hang in there, keep praying, and God will send you who He wants you to have.

U

Ugly

I'm always attracting men in relationships, anyone has any idea why that may be? Should I be avoiding talking to them? I do it in a friendly way but it suddenly leads to them giving me compliments etc. I also have this guy in a relationship with a kid that constantly texts me, I reply because I feel rude when I don't. How can I get him to stop talking me to me? Should I ignore him? What's the nice way to go about it? I tried ignoring him yesterday and I got another text saying 'ignorant' as he knew I was ignoring him as it says on the app we use, he constantly rings me too, I was once in love with this guy, still do have a bit of feelings for him but I love God more than anyone and want to stay away from anything that can effect my relationship with God, single Men I attract always want sex, or are not Christians. I have asked God for a Christian man and I believe he will give me that, really need some advice, thank you in advance for your help
Yeah. You're only 18. So not exactly a big rush for you to meet anyone.

And yes, of course stay away from these men. Why would you keep talking to, or putting yourself in proximity to, these unavailable men? And then you keep talking to them even after they hit on you. So is it really any surprise that it keeps going? Many people shy away from one on one friendships with married people. You, instead, text and possible talk on the phone or whatever else with them.
And if you're 18 it makes sense you're mostly getting guys wanting sex. Even at older ages its common, but especially now.

If you want to stop attracting married/taken guys then stop spending time with them. Stop texting them. Stop interacting with them.

You're worried about being 'rude' to this guy. Yet this is a guy that seems to be hinting at trying to cheat on his girlfriend with you. Using you. Yet you don't want to be 'rude' by having nothing to do with him? What sense does that make? He's being dishonest, deceptive, cheating and using and you're worried about being rude because you don't want to be involved in that.

Really all of the answers to these problems are obvious. Stop talking with married/taken men. And tell those men who are, and are hitting on you, goodbye. Problem solved.
Far as the type of single guys, well, we live in that kind of a world. Its going to happen. Perhaps make your stance more clear about no sex and you will get less of them.

TheAristocat

Oct 4, 2011
There are some men out there who just want to use women and throw them away. If you're attracting these kinds of men, then don't worry. It's because you're a single woman and they're probably hitting on a bunch of other single ladies or will once they use you and dump you in the trash. So don't feel sorry for them. Just give them the cold shoulder or clearly tell them to leave you alone and don't have anything more to do with them. They will stubbornly persist, but all you have to do is ignore them for a few months or a year or get a restraining order or two and they'll move on.

MartyrNdaMaKn

Jan 22, 2013
My honest advice to you is disconnect all ties with anyone that is seeing someone or is involved already. Do not put yourself in a place that can lead you astray or someone else in that matter.

M

Mapiani

its simple Just STOP anything that effect your relationship with God( stop sms,call etc...) the bible say Resist the Devil then he will flee from you. don't linger around with with Devil scheme he will trap you because read I Pet.5:7. Continue to trust God he is able to give you the right person in hie due time. remain faithful to him,He will honor you. God bless you!