• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Bryancampbell

Who likes avatar the airbender? Thought of something random, how about we start a thing where each one of us picks a nation (fire, water, air, earth) and put their nation's symbol as our profile/avatar pic???? Fun isn't it????

B

Bryancampbell

Idk it just something I thought would be kewl!

B

Bryancampbell

Actually found some....they are individual pics btw

Avatar__Air_Nation_Symbol_by_juubi156.jpg
Avatar__Fire_Nation_Symbol_by_juubi156.jpg
Avatar__Water_Tribe_Symbol_by_juubi156.jpg
Avatar__Earth_Nation_Symbol_by_juubi156.jpg

N

Nuns_n_roses

Well, my horoscope says my element is fire, but I prefer to be Water tribe. They're the healers, and restore life, sometimes too subdued, but have the power of the three elements of steam, ice, and water. and I think that best suits my style of preaching as well. :)

R

richie_2uk

Who likes avatar the airbender? Thought of something random, how about we start a thing where each one of us picks a nation (fire, water, air, earth) and put their nation's symbol as our profile/avatar pic???? Fun isn't it????
Not really, nations flag of Wales, has a Dragon, and we all know what the dragon represents in the bible don't we? lol So like they say on Dragon's Den Tv Show, Im out! sorry lol

Jan 23, 2011
I'm definitely water tribe :p While I prefer Baguazhang (airbending) as a fighting style, i have a draw to the sea.

raf

Sep 26, 2009
Fire tribe they look the most cool to me.

G

Grey

I think arguably the ability to control earth would be the most powerful. But I'd enjoy flying.

T

transient

rough guide to the occult, for kids :rolleyes:

Jan 23, 2011
rough guide to the occult, for kids :rolleyes:
Avatar isn't occult in the least, people bend by using real world martial arts, not by reciting spells or anything. Unless you think Chinese-Japanese culture is occult for some reason

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
I think I'll just make this a bit more controversial and choose bloodbending.

Feb 18, 2013
*sigh* it's almost embarrassing how much my inner child loves that show.

That said.. water tribe all the way! As a life long Alaskan I was very much drawn to the Arctic tribal culture represented. Plus, my name literally means "longing for the sea". It was meant to be. ;)

T

transient

Avatar isn't occult in the least, people bend by using real world martial arts, not by reciting spells or anything. Unless you think Chinese-Japanese culture is occult for some reason
I'm into REAL martial arts myself, but I've NEVER heard of anyone being able to control 'the 4 elements' with it. So there must be something else involved with controling them in that show.

Alakazam, presto, it's MAGIC! :rolleyes:

D

Daniel94

I've always liked air bending the best. Plus soaring through the sky would be pretty awesome. And think about how cool it'd be to have a sky bison :p Anyone else looking forward to Korra Book 2?

I'm into REAL martial arts myself, but I've NEVER heard of anyone being able to control 'the 4 elements' with it. So there must be something else involved with controling them in that show.

Alakazam, presto, it's MAGIC! :rolleyes:
You must have not ever seen the show before. The fighting style in it is like martial arts. I believe that is what apocalypseArisen was trying to say. Honestly, even if it was magic why does it matter? I like the Harry Potter books and movies, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go practice witchcraft. I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but what was the point in posting on this thread other than to start something? All the OP was doing was trying to find others who have a common interest as he does. Just as you could start a thread to find others who practice martial arts.

Last edited:
T

transient

I've always liked air bending the best. Plus soaring through the sky would be pretty awesome. And think about how cool it'd be to have a sky bison :p Anyone else looking forward to Korra Book 2?

You must have not ever seen the show before. The fighting style in it is like martial arts. I believe that is what apocalypseArisen was trying to say. Honestly, even if it was magic why does it matter? I like the Harry Potter books and movies, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go practice witchcraft. I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but what was the point in posting on this thread other than to start something? All the OP was doing was trying to find others who have a common interest as he does. Just as you could start a thread to find others who practice martial arts.
Clearly you have never done any REAL martial arts yourself. And to answer your question on 'magic:'

[SUP]21 [/SUP]Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. [SUP]22 [/SUP]Abstain from all appearance of evil. (1 Thess. 5:21-22)

I'm not here to 'start an argument' btw. I just think a discussion on 'magic' doesn't belong in a christian forum.

D

Daniel94

Clearly you have never done any REAL martial arts yourself. And to answer your question on 'magic:'

[SUP]21 [/SUP]Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. [SUP]22 [/SUP]Abstain from all appearance of evil. (1 Thess. 5:21-22)

I'm not here to 'start an argument' btw. I just think a discussion on 'magic' doesn't belong in a christian forum.
No I have never done martial arts, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. Newsflash, the world is evil so if you want to take that verse as serious as attacking a children's show then you might as well take it a step further and lock yourself up in your home with only the Bible. You're absolutely right that this isn't the right place to discuss magic. This is a thread about a TV show so there was no need for you to mention cults or magic. You should have started your own thread about that. I'm sorry you feel a Christian forum isn't the place to discuss magic, but as a Christian you need to be prepared to talk about anything anyone has questions about including magic.

Also, sorry for derailing your thread Bryan.

T

transient

No I have never done martial arts, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. Newsflash, the world is evil so if you want to take that verse as serious as attacking a children's show then you might as well take it a step further and lock yourself up in your home with only the Bible. You're absolutely right that this isn't the right place to discuss magic. This is a thread about a TV show so there was no need for you to mention cults or magic. You should have started your own thread about that. I'm sorry you feel a Christian forum isn't the place to discuss magic, but as a Christian you need to be prepared to talk about anything anyone has questions about including magic.

Also, sorry for derailing your thread Bryan.

Newsflash: we're in this world, but not OF this world man. But's ya'll go right ahead and discuss your 'kid's show.'