Back slide

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

ForTheLord

I recently backslid into sin. I could loose my family and everything I have. I asked God to rid me of the sin of lust and now I'm scared that I'm going to loose my children and wife. I talked to people that I shouldn't have and acted very worldly. There was a bunch of lies over an instant messanger and I'm scared that the lies that I saw were not all of them. I'm scared and feel that I can't stop worrying. I can't confide in my church or wife becouse I am too ashamed. Please pray for me that nothing happens to me. That I will not loose my family and that God shows me mercy. I am trusting him but I am still so scared. I can't even enjoy life becouse all I think about is what if...

Thank you!

E

EscalanteJ

There is nothing that you can do that the Lord won't forgive. Even though it maybe shameful, I think it would be wise to talk with your Pastor about this if possible include your wife as well. secrets are no good in a marriage no matter what they are or the damage you may feel they may do. Don't let this manifest within you. The enemy is using fear to tear apart what God has given you, when we backslide we tend to forget His Grace and continue to stay lost. Please, don't get stuck there. Praying over your post and pray for you and your family, & circumstance.

F

ForTheLord

I know he will forgive me. I just can't forgive myself. I love my family so much. I want to live my life for God and asked him days before this fear came to rid me of this sin. Thank you so much for your prayers. They really mean a lot to me. I feel called to do something big for god. I am not sure what it is, but something big. I can't believe I acted the way that I did. I am hoping by leaving it at the cross that he will protect my me and my family. I will never go back to the lustful sin. Please Jesus don't let the circumstances of this sin cause me to loose everything. I praise you and love you!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you and your family i n Jesus's name.
Jesus not only forgives us, but wants us to forgive ourselves. :)

God bless
pickles

Jan 28, 2012
there is nothing we can do that Jesus wont forgive , 1John 1:19 if we confess our sins will forgive us ,,, I will be praying for you to get strong in HIM .. God Bless

B

BeenForgiven

Your prayer request hits very near home for me. I'm a lust addict/sex addict who is seeking to be faithful and true to God, my wife, and family. I nearly lost my family and everything else due to sexual sin. Remember that shame and fear is what keeps us tied to sin. I have a weekly meeting with guys who also deal with lust. You can go to Sex Addiction Support Groups for Men to see if there's a group of guys you can get with for support. In Christ you will get through this no matter the outcome. Remember Matthew 6:31-34 and John 14:18! Keep your eyes on Jesus! Love you bro!

M

moretalman

ForTheLord: I've got some good news & I've got some bad news. The bad news is your not going to be able to overcome your lust. Your bound up by it. The evil spirits that moved you to these act of sexual immorality are more powerful than you. No amount of will power or determination will enable to stop from acting out again. Your going to have to ask God to use his power to overcome the power of the enemy. Satan is the most powerful created being in the universe no man can resist him. Even Jesus would have failed had he not made an appeal to his father.

Pray this prayer: God I admit that what I did was wrong, but I liked it, in fact I loved it, even more than I loved you or my family, I'm not good I'm sinful. I can't change myself. You need to change me. Convict me my sins. Show me how to pray so I can win this victory. I need guidance from you so that this curse of lust can be removed from my life once & for all. Give me the courage, patence & perserverence that I'll need to do all the things your going to ask me to do. Use your power to overcome the power of the enemy. Bring people into my life who will pray for me & help me, people who will empathize with me & love me. Thank you for your power & your love. Give the faith to believe & the wisdom to act as guide you my steps. I ask all these things father of you, in Jesus name. AMEN! Many Blessings brother <> Johnny

W

wit2Christlv

You could overcome any sin with the help of the Lord. People think that they could never stop doing a sin but thats a lie from the devil. The enemy wants you to think you have to stay in bondage but you dont. I thought I would never be able to give up my sin and I even make excuses for myself but that was all from the evil one. God is good and He could get you through it, you just have to fight the thoughts the enemy trys to attack your mind with. God bless