Baker refuses anti-gay bible cake order

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I read an interesting twist on this story this morning that seems to refute earlier media reports. National media outlets who NEVER interviewed the customer took the shop owner's word without question or proof. The customer claims that he DID NOT ask for a single cake with the inscription "God hates gays", but for two cakes with multiple bible verses on them.

But Jack’s account of what he asked for is very different. In an email to WORLD, he wrote that he requested two cakes in the shape of an open Bible. He asked that the first cake show on one page, “God hates sin—Psalm 45:7,” and on the facing page, “Homosexuality is a detestable sin—Leviticus 18:22.” He requested that the second cake have on one page, “God loves sinners,” and on the facing page, “While we were yet sinners Christ died for us—Romans 5:8.”
Full article

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
QUOTE:

used to be against homosexuality until quite recently, but I never thought God hated gays. I still think homosexuality is a sin, but so is having sex out of wedlock, and that is considered normal behavior by almost everybody. Just because someone does something that God does not approve of, or just because they participate in behavior that the Bible says is wrong does not mean that God hates them, or that He is going to send them to Hell.

END QUOTE..............

I fully agree that God hates the sin, not the sinner..............however:

Their eternal destiny is determined by their repenting and seeking salvation is it not? If an unrepentant sinner (one living in sin) dies, what happens to them?

L

LambieBear

I believe God will judge us based on our love for Him and nothing else.

He loves us all because we are His children.

The only way you can end up in Hell is if you reject God.