Bakken going quiet?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sirk

Sure have passed A LOT of oil equipment equipment trucks leaving the Bakken today on I94.

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014
I thought bakken oil was reasonably cheap to produce as far as fracking and horizontal drilling is concerned. Oil prices must be seriously sliding - perhaps a victim of it's own success. Oh well when oil is high it's good when oil's cheap it's good too lol

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Sure have passed A LOT of oil equipment equipment trucks leaving the Bakken today on I94.
Are you from the great state of ND, Sirk?

S

Sirk

Are you from the great state of ND, Sirk?
i live next door in Mt. Our economy has been driven by the bakken with a lot of the oil companies using Billings as a hub of sorts. Not to mention the people who live here and travel there to work. Have heard of quite a few layoffs as well. We are about 300 miles away.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
i live next door in Mt. Our economy has been driven by the bakken with a lot of the oil companies using Billings as a hub of sorts. Not to mention the people who live here and travel there to work. Have heard of quite a few layoffs as well. We are about 300 miles away.
That's disappointing to hear. I was planning to rough-neck it up there myself.

S

Sirk

That's disappointing to hear. I was planning to rough-neck it up there myself.
I saw a news article on drudge today that said we are running out of places to store our abundance of crude right now. That could change in a heartbeat as volatile as the world is right now. Wouldn't surprise me if some conflagration shot oil back up to a 100 plus per barrel.

V

Viligant_Warrior

I saw a news article on drudge today that said we are running out of places to store our abundance of crude right now. That could change in a heartbeat as volatile as the world is right now. Wouldn't surprise me if some conflagration shot oil back up to a 100 plus per barrel.
Doubt it. And I don't think Bakken is "going dark." If there's a heavier-than-usual amount of equipment traffic, they might be shutting down some drilling operations, but Bakken is going to keep producing oil for the next generation and a half. Or until the Rapture and Tribulation. Either way.

S

Sirk

Doubt it. And I don't think Bakken is "going dark." If there's a heavier-than-usual amount of equipment traffic, they might be shutting down some drilling operations, but Bakken is going to keep producing oil for the next generation and a half. Or until the Rapture and Tribulation. Either way.
Ya. The producing wells will keep producing but it's the drilling activity that makes a boom.