Banned? or Not?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Richie_2uk

Hello. Please forgive me if this has been covered in previous threads. But may I ask how a banned person can still come in on the CC site and still post? I always thought that once banned from a site, the person banned, cannot re-enter the site again.

Just a little confused are they banned or not? I understand why the reasons how people can get banned, but saying they are banned, yet allowing them to come on the site to post, doesn't seem proper banning. If people banned from chat, then again its down to there stupid immature action that caused them to be banned. Which will cause them to get irate and possibly persistent to cause more trouble to try get back in on the site. But by allowing them to post in forums, will be prime example of there anger of persistence to try get back at the site for banning them.

If someone or admin or mod could explain, without sounding judgemental by my question. Just a little confused as to the true meaning of banning a person. God bless.

W

wwjd_kilden

it has to do with how the ban is done. You can ban on several "levels"- The problem is that if you go up high enough, you end up affecting quite a lot of people. I was once a moderator at a site which had the possibility of banning an entire ISP (internet service provider). That would have ended up banning anyone having their internet provided by that ISP though, rather than just the one who broke the rules.

R

Richie_2uk

Yes wwjd_kilden. Ahh right is that how it works, Yes I understand that once a person is banned from a site, there is a problem you could be banning someone else who is sharing the same IP address. Many people don't know they could be sharing the same ip address. But yeh, I guess its how the admin or mod bans in levels. Thanks for that info.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Unfortunately there are ways around IP bans and some people know how to do it. I won't go into details as to how it's done so as to not educate those who may not know.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Unfortunately there are ways around IP bans and some people know how to do it. I won't go into details as to how it's done so as to not educate those who may not know.
Yah some who come into the site to troll also don't use their own IP but use a pseudo IP...

If you think about it like the mob laundering money you can get the idea of what and how people front their IP's... And get new ones...

Also I have come to the conclusion that banning people from this site is not like GET OUT OF HERE! But more so a way to firmly communicate that we do not appreciate their attitude...

G

GRA

"Wisdom speaks..." :cool:

Yah some who come into the site to troll also don't use their own IP but use a pseudo IP...

If you think about it like the mob laundering money you can get the idea of what and how people front their IP's... And get new ones...

Also I have come to the conclusion that banning people from this site is not like GET OUT OF HERE! But more so a way to firmly communicate that we do not appreciate their attitude...
"Wisdom has been bound and gagged..." :rolleyes: