Basketball team leaves court to confront bully of Downs Syndrome cheerleader

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

Viligant_Warrior

Players leave court mid-game to confront bully of cheerleader with Downs syndrome

A group of middle school basketball players walked off the court in the middle of a game when they heard bullying coming from the stands directed at cheerleader, Desiree Andrews, who has Down syndrome.

"We walked off the court and went to the bullies and told them to stop because that's not right to be mean to another person," said Miles Rodriguez, one of the players, told Fox & Friends Friday.

The athletic director at Lincoln Middle School in Wisconsin told the show he was proud of the boys for what they did, as well as Desiree and the other cheerleaders.
My sister was born with Downs, and she's the kindest, sweetest person I've ever known. I've been watching people do what this loudmouth at the game did all my life, and every time, I have to wonder, "What kind of upbringing does someone have that he's that clueless?"

Last edited:
S

Sirk

My sister was born with Downs, and she's the kindest, sweetest person I've ever known. I've been watching people do what this loudmouth at the game did all my life, and every time, I have to wonder, "What kind of upbringing does someone have that he's that clueless?"
I caught my children making fun of someone once and the discipline was swift. Me and my family stand up for those who can't stand up for themselves. Nothing infuriates me more than someone being cruel to another person. Especially when they can't stand up for themselves. Kudos to these boys.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
People make fun of what they don't understand, or what scares them. There's no feasible reason to bully someone with any type of disease, or even bully somebody just because of skin color. Black, red, yellow, blue--we're all HUMAN..

Dec 12, 2013
I have a severely handicapped son who has a type of muscular dystrophy.....I have severe compassion for children who have difficulties and extreme anger for those who would belittle and or accost a child with any handicap and or disease......It breaks my heart when I see a child with such difficulties and when I hear of stories like this...The Marine in me wants to come out and play............good thing I was not there...wonder what my bail would have been.....!

V

Viligant_Warrior

I have a severely handicapped son who has a type of muscular dystrophy.....I have severe compassion for children who have difficulties and extreme anger for those who would belittle and or accost a child with any handicap and or disease......It breaks my heart when I see a child with such difficulties and when I hear of stories like this...The Marine in me wants to come out and play............good thing I was not there...wonder what my bail would have been.....!
Bail? What bail? Well, they might have given you bail, if you stopped soon enough.

You and me both, brother.

S

skylove7

Some people that are nasty and cruel to others, do not realize someday God will show them a mirror of their TRUE selves. It makes me cry to see someone get made fun of...especially innocent children! There is NO beauty in vanity....the most beautiful woman can be un attractive when she is pretty yet vain! I thank God everyday I am not like that! I would despise myself if I was, and I cannot understand why these people know no shame in hurting another's feelings. God Bless you all!

Dec 12, 2013
See, all you who doubt a Jarhead and an Army puke can agree on anything?

HAHAHA funny....I have a friend who is an army vet from the Vietnam era....he was on a dozer that hit an anti-tank mine almost killed him.....I wrote on a board the other day the difference between Army and Marine Corp doctrine which is as follows HAHAHH

Marine-->One shot....one kill, front post, front post and aim small miss small

Army-->spray and pray HAHAHAHHHA

;) HAHAHHA

V

Viligant_Warrior

HAHAHA funny....I have a friend who is an army vet from the Vietnam era....he was on a dozer that hit an anti-tank mine almost killed him.....I wrote on a board the other day the difference between Army and Marine Corp doctrine which is as follows HAHAHH

Marine-->One shot....one kill, front post, front post and aim small miss small

Army-->spray and pray HAHAHAHHHA

;) HAHAHHA
Gimme an Apache and there won't be any targets left for Marines to aim at.