Battling with discouragement

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

sassylady

I've been a single mom for almost 10 years now. My ex husband molested our daughters. We had to move out of our house into a smaller place, give our dog away, lost 2/3 of our income. And of course have dealt with the emotional and mental distress and healing from a lot of other abuse as well that I did not know anything about. I work at a low income job, have always been way too busy to even consider going to school and getting a degree and better job. God has taken very good care of us, we have not lacked for anything, but there are many times when money for things like shoes, car repairs, etc is very difficult to come by. The job market here is extremely poor, my kids have not been able to find jobs. There is no money for any activities or time away to have some fun, none at all on my income. It is hard to see people around me have the extra things when we are going through all this due to somebody else's bad choice. Today I just feel extremely discouraged and hopeless. I know Who is taking care of us but sometimes you feel like you just need to see something better on the horizon.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord Jesus, make everthing in her family to go in the right direction, Amen.

crmvet

Jul 4, 2013
Philippians 4:19

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I've been a single mom for almost 10 years now. My ex husband molested our daughters. We had to move out of our house into a smaller place, give our dog away, lost 2/3 of our income. And of course have dealt with the emotional and mental distress and healing from a lot of other abuse as well that I did not know anything about. I work at a low income job, have always been way too busy to even consider going to school and getting a degree and better job. God has taken very good care of us, we have not lacked for anything, but there are many times when money for things like shoes, car repairs, etc is very difficult to come by. The job market here is extremely poor, my kids have not been able to find jobs. There is no money for any activities or time away to have some fun, none at all on my income. It is hard to see people around me have the extra things when we are going through all this due to somebody else's bad choice. Today I just feel extremely discouraged and hopeless. I know Who is taking care of us but sometimes you feel like you just need to see something better on the horizon.
sassylady, there IS somebody better on the horizon!! His name is Jesus!! :) He has carried through this adversity up until now, and he will carry you through the entire way. Just remember that he says "this too shall pass." Meaning you WILL get through this!! We all feel discouraged at some time or another. It's our human nature to worry and fret about stuff. Clear the worry and anxiety out of your mind and you will be able to clearly see better things just ahead!! God bless you, and here is a big ladybug hug for you!! :)