BE CONSCIOUS OF YOUR IDENTITY IN CHRIST

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Pure_Heart

BE CONSCIOUS OF YOUR IDENTITY IN CHRIST
Romans 8:9: But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Christianity is more than just a religion, it is a practical expression of the manifestation of God’s Spirit in man. Also, as Christians, we have the Spirit of Christ. It’s so important for us to be conscious of our identity in Christ Jesus so that we don’t forget the price that has been paid for our ransom and let the world influence us. Galatians 2:20: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. We are Christ-like; therefore, we ought to live like Jesus. We ought to live, love, talk and conduct all our affairs in life like Him.

It is not enough to be a Christian only in church or on Sundays. We must be like Christ in our homes, in the company of our friends, at the work-place, school, market-place and on the street. Never forget who you are in Christ! Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Many people have turned away from God due to the actions of our fellow Christians, often; our churches have not been there to support us when we need them. This has made some people leave the church. At this time, it is important for us to preach the Gospel through our actions! We’ve been called to make a difference; we are the shining light in this world, reconciling men with God, never forget that!. Matthew 5:16: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

People should experience the love of God through our words and actions, people ought to see Christ in us. Our words should minister Grace to the hearers always, for we have the Spirit of Christ. We should love and appreciate others even when they hurt, mistreat us and don’t even seem to care about much love we shower on them.

Mar 15, 2013
The scriptures actually give us further instruction as to how it is done, when it tells us things like as, Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

We can tell people to do these things until we turn blue in the face and only few will prove able even if they desire to comply with it, as they lack those instructions as to how to do it.

That is the failure of emotional based convictions that remain void of the life-giving instruction of God.

What we need to do is to highlight these important things and then supplement them with examples in the scriptures of them being actively practiced.

Of course, if one wants a quick and convenient salvation which does not require much of them, then they will not sit still to have such supplementation added to their understanding.