Be Still and Know that I am God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

prodigaldaughter

When I decided to return, to renew my commitment, I began to study His inspired word and did a lot of praying. Initially it felt like I had so many things to say sorry for. I went way back as far as I could remember. I cried out for His mercy and His forgiveness. As I read His inspired word and I come across something that impacted deeply I would cry. I could not even sing without crying. I wondered when the tears would stop. I had always love God but I had not always been faithful to Him.

When the healing began and I began to get deeper into His inspired word, asking Him to teach me to show me what He wanted to me to know. You know when you ask God for stuff like this be prepared. I asked Him to show me how He sees me what things in my life I needed to change to be aware of. What an eye opener. You know that story in which two men are in the synagogue and one in front is boasting about his good works and the one in the back is the sinner? Well I started to see me changing from the one who didn't think I was doing anything wrong to the sinner who needed to repent.

Then began the 360[SUP]o[/SUP] attack! I mean attack in almost every area of my life, in my health, from family, from neighbours, from associates it was unbelievable! I was fearing for my own life as I had to deal with security issues. Then I did a 40 day prayer and fast it was difficult as I have never done this before. The most I have done is 1 day. I would fast from 8am to 4pm. I started thinking it was gonna be one to stop these attacks but what an eye opener.

Very early in the prayer and fast the scripture verse that I received was "Be still and know that I am God". I felt so much turmoil I could not see how I could be still. It was an effort. It meant I had to let it all go, all, everything! It meant I had to focus on God 100% that I had to stop seeking advise from people and trust Him! It meant that I had to let him take control and take charge of my battle. I had to see that it is He who fights my battles for me for He is my banner.

I studied the power of the blood! Let me tell you there is a lot of power in the blood of Jesus! I pleaded His blood over the house on the fence on my family on all of my possessions on my life. I sat on my bed near the top part and I was pleading his blood over and over focusing on what I was saying. Then I felt a pull I was being pulled to my left which would have meant I would have hit my head I got up and sat in the middle. I resumed pleading the blood, I was being pulled down again. I ended up lying down on my side with my hands unmoved from the worship position. I felt something on my ankle. I felt a tingling on the left side of my face and my nose, I felt my left ear tingled also I stayed in this position for awhile as I continued to plead the blood.

When I arose back to a seated position I continued pleading the blood. This time I felt a pull back (for those who don't understand its like you are falling backwards). Still pleading the blood in this position I subsequently began speaking in tongues. I could not stop at all.

I just wanted to share this and for all those who are going through something whether it be a physical threat, or a marriage problem or health problem whatever it is know that you are to "Be still and know that God is God!" He is the one true living God. That He created you in His image and likeness. It is written that if we should have faith the size of a mustard seed we can say to a mountain to move. A mustard seed isn't big all we have to have is just a bit of faith. I had to learn to stop trying to solve my problems to stop griping about it but to hand it over to God. I had to unlearn my independent syndrome thinking that I could figure it all out. I had to unlearn to stop planning what to do.

I had to let it all go to let God be in charge. I began to plead the blood over things, I began to follow what the scripture would say. I asked the Holy Spirit to continue to minister to me. I returned to church and boy was that a big relief I did my altar call and I submitted and yielded to God. The peace I felt truly surpasses all understanding. Below is a sample of a prayer I would say: -

Lord God Almighty blessed be Your Holy Name. For You are creator of heaven and earth.
Your name is above all. There is none greater or equal to you.
I humbly come before You Lord God and I ask You for Your mercy and forgiveness.
I lift up Your Son Jesus as my sin offering. I sprinkle His blood upon me that I may be found
blameless before Your throne.

I sprinkle the blood over my prayer time, over the room, over your word.
I sprinkle the blood over every member of my family, I sprinkle the blood on all of our possessions.
I sprinkle the blood over 10 generations back to remove generational curses.
I sprinkle the blood over my past to protect me from my past.
I sprinkle the blood over my present shield me from the evil that abounds and to preserve me.
I sprinkle the blood over my future that I am able to enter the promise land you have for me.

I ask that you continue to keep me under your wings, in your shadow, in your secret hiding place of your most
holy tabernacle.
For you Lord are my rock, my fortress my high tower of strength. I ask that you continue to keep your hedge of
protection around me that any evil come my way let it bounce off. I cover all in the blood of Jesus that all may be soaked, drenched, saturated and encapsulated in the blood of Jesus.
Lord God I ask that you be that pillar of cloud and fire between my enemies and myself.

It is written that all authority is given to Jesus and therefore in the name of Jesus I bind and loosen every chain of bondage, every evil spirit and in the name of Jesus I command that every evil spirit leave.

Lord God You know my heart search me and reveal to me what I need to change so that I can obtain the crown of life.
I exalt Your name, I praise you for You are truly worthy to be praised. I pray all these things in Jesus name. Amen Amen

Well sorry to be so lengthy :) but I felt it was important to do so as I had been reading prayer requests of members. Whatever you are going through God is greater than that. He can fix it but you must let Him have control and you must trust Him. Another thing I learned is sometimes I had contributed to my difficult situation by my words and actions. The book of proverbs showed me this. Don't give up on your marriage or your family or your health or whatever difficult situation. Put God first and it will work out. He will show you what to do.:)

P

Powemm

Wow! Just wow !!
thank you so much for sharing ..what a powerful testimony seeing Goda authority love and tender comfort come over you.. He is in authority and control .. I am so happy you found rest in His care.. For He loves us so ..
This has really blessed and reminded me to continue doing just that ..

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Indeed a very powerful testimony, its like WHAM right in your face kind of testimony, keep up the good work you have made it further than me:D

P

Pure_Heart

That is one of my favorite bible verses! It is so reassuring. I am happy for you sister!

L

lan12

Thank u so much for this testimony im going through the very same experience and God continues to tell me be still he had told me to pra and fast for my battles are not in the flesh.......I have to be obedient really obedient . Thank u so much for this thank u thank u .............

T

TomH

When I decided to return, to renew my commitment, I began to study His inspired word and did a lot of praying. Initially it felt like I had so many things to say sorry for. I went way back as far as I could remember. I cried out for His mercy and His forgiveness. As I read His inspired word and I come across something that impacted deeply I would cry. I could not even sing without crying. I wondered when the tears would stop. I had always love God but I had not always been faithful to Him.

When the healing began and I began to get deeper into His inspired word, asking Him to teach me to show me what He wanted to me to know. You know when you ask God for stuff like this be prepared. I asked Him to show me how He sees me what things in my life I needed to change to be aware of. What an eye opener. You know that story in which two men are in the synagogue and one in front is boasting about his good works and the one in the back is the sinner? Well I started to see me changing from the one who didn't think I was doing anything wrong to the sinner who needed to repent.

Then began the 360[SUP]o[/SUP] attack! I mean attack in almost every area of my life, in my health, from family, from neighbours, from associates it was unbelievable! I was fearing for my own life as I had to deal with security issues. Then I did a 40 day prayer and fast it was difficult as I have never done this before. The most I have done is 1 day. I would fast from 8am to 4pm. I started thinking it was gonna be one to stop these attacks but what an eye opener.

Very early in the prayer and fast the scripture verse that I received was "Be still and know that I am God". I felt so much turmoil I could not see how I could be still. It was an effort. It meant I had to let it all go, all, everything! It meant I had to focus on God 100% that I had to stop seeking advise from people and trust Him! It meant that I had to let him take control and take charge of my battle. I had to see that it is He who fights my battles for me for He is my banner.

I studied the power of the blood! Let me tell you there is a lot of power in the blood of Jesus! I pleaded His blood over the house on the fence on my family on all of my possessions on my life. I sat on my bed near the top part and I was pleading his blood over and over focusing on what I was saying. Then I felt a pull I was being pulled to my left which would have meant I would have hit my head I got up and sat in the middle. I resumed pleading the blood, I was being pulled down again. I ended up lying down on my side with my hands unmoved from the worship position. I felt something on my ankle. I felt a tingling on the left side of my face and my nose, I felt my left ear tingled also I stayed in this position for awhile as I continued to plead the blood.

When I arose back to a seated position I continued pleading the blood. This time I felt a pull back (for those who don't understand its like you are falling backwards). Still pleading the blood in this position I subsequently began speaking in tongues. I could not stop at all.

I just wanted to share this and for all those who are going through something whether it be a physical threat, or a marriage problem or health problem whatever it is know that you are to "Be still and know that God is God!" He is the one true living God. That He created you in His image and likeness. It is written that if we should have faith the size of a mustard seed we can say to a mountain to move. A mustard seed isn't big all we have to have is just a bit of faith. I had to learn to stop trying to solve my problems to stop griping about it but to hand it over to God. I had to unlearn my independent syndrome thinking that I could figure it all out. I had to unlearn to stop planning what to do.

I had to let it all go to let God be in charge. I began to plead the blood over things, I began to follow what the scripture would say. I asked the Holy Spirit to continue to minister to me. I returned to church and boy was that a big relief I did my altar call and I submitted and yielded to God. The peace I felt truly surpasses all understanding. Below is a sample of a prayer I would say: -

Lord God Almighty blessed be Your Holy Name. For You are creator of heaven and earth.
Your name is above all. There is none greater or equal to you.
I humbly come before You Lord God and I ask You for Your mercy and forgiveness.
I lift up Your Son Jesus as my sin offering. I sprinkle His blood upon me that I may be found
blameless before Your throne.

I sprinkle the blood over my prayer time, over the room, over your word.
I sprinkle the blood over every member of my family, I sprinkle the blood on all of our possessions.
I sprinkle the blood over 10 generations back to remove generational curses.
I sprinkle the blood over my past to protect me from my past.
I sprinkle the blood over my present shield me from the evil that abounds and to preserve me.
I sprinkle the blood over my future that I am able to enter the promise land you have for me.

I ask that you continue to keep me under your wings, in your shadow, in your secret hiding place of your most
holy tabernacle.
For you Lord are my rock, my fortress my high tower of strength. I ask that you continue to keep your hedge of
protection around me that any evil come my way let it bounce off. I cover all in the blood of Jesus that all may be soaked, drenched, saturated and encapsulated in the blood of Jesus.
Lord God I ask that you be that pillar of cloud and fire between my enemies and myself.

It is written that all authority is given to Jesus and therefore in the name of Jesus I bind and loosen every chain of bondage, every evil spirit and in the name of Jesus I command that every evil spirit leave.

Lord God You know my heart search me and reveal to me what I need to change so that I can obtain the crown of life.
I exalt Your name, I praise you for You are truly worthy to be praised. I pray all these things in Jesus name. Amen Amen

Well sorry to be so lengthy :) but I felt it was important to do so as I had been reading prayer requests of members. Whatever you are going through God is greater than that. He can fix it but you must let Him have control and you must trust Him. Another thing I learned is sometimes I had contributed to my difficult situation by my words and actions. The book of proverbs showed me this. Don't give up on your marriage or your family or your health or whatever difficult situation. Put God first and it will work out. He will show you what to do.:)
"Relax and know that I am Elohim; I shall be exalted among the nations; I shall be exalted in the earth." (Psalms 46:10)

"Trust in Yahweh with all your heart, And do not lean to your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)

"by faith are we walking, not by perception" (2 Corinthians 5:7)

P

prodigaldaughter

God is great and awesome He never fails He is faithful. I have more to do and sometimes it can get to you the testing that is. I had to learn that it was not about me it was about Him. I had to submit to Him. God showed me who I really was and not who I thought I was. I had to make it right with Him. Every day it is a one step to take. Baby steps that is. Don't give up if you have a prayer request a testimony etc share it. Let us all work together to build and edify one another. Uplifting each other.

Praise Him Exalt His Name
For He is truly worthy to be Praised
There is no other who can be equal or higher than the God we serve
For He is the one true living God

I humble myself before You
Search me O Lord and show me the error of my ways
Show me the things in my life I need to change
Remove from my life the things that are not of you
Have mercy and compassion upon me and forgive me of my transgressions

You are God the greatest of all
You are Magnificent
You are Mighty, who dares go before you and win?
You are the Lord of Hosts all are under you.
You are the Lord who heals you heal us from all afflictions.
You are the Lord of peace you give us a peace that surpasses all understanding

In You O God I trust with all my heart with all that I have.
I am forever greatful for who are for wherever I go You are there
Whatever the time of day or whether I am alone or in a crowd You are there!

I seek You, to know You more, to understand You more.
Guide me daily that I may live a life pleasing to You.
And if I fall Lord God correct me so that I can repent.
For I know You correct who You love.

I worship You dear Lord
For You are Holy
Holy You are Majesty
You are eternal
Praise be Your Holy name
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Amen Amen

N

Nancyer

Thank you, thank you! This is the kind of devotion I need to commit to. I strive daily to spend this kind of quality time with God and be that willing servant. I usually don't make it, though I am grateful, I read His Word, I pray, I still do not come close to what you have shared. Amen, sister, Amen. Praise Be God's Holy name, above all others and beyond all comprehension.

Thank You God for loving me as I am and helping me to be all You want me to be. I praise Your righteousness, I praise Your Holiness.