Be Ye Holy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
For me, striving to be holy is a desiring to be more like Jesus every day. We do not posses the power to do this in our own stength, but if we are willing to yield to the potter, then He has the power to bring it to pass.

Lev 20:24-26 (KJV)
24) But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I [am] the LORD your God, which have separated you from [other] people.
25) Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean.
26) And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD [am] holy, and have severed you from [other] people, that ye should be mine.

1Pet 1:13-19 (KJV)
13) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14) As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15) But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
17) And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning [here] in fear:
18) Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers;
19) But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

You may wonder what point there be in citing the OT reference. The OT is helpful in that it shows us a pattern of what God desires of us. He wants His Bride to separate herself out from the rest, just like He seperated the Children of Israel out from the rest of the nations 'round about her. The OT Chosen points to the Church, Just as the OT blood points to the blood that cleanseth you and I from sin.

Rom 2:28-29 (KJV)
28) For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither [is that] circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29) But he [is] a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision [is that] of the heart, in the spirit, [and] not in the letter; whose praise [is] not of men, but of God.

K

KennethC

Yes there is a standard that believers are told to keep and will keep if one is truly born again in the faith in Jesus.

There are to many teaching a doctrine now days of no change in one's life by the Holy Spirit, and make believers out to continue to look like unbelievers. How are we to know the difference by their fruits as the Lord said, if we all continue to commit sin every single day like some try to say??? The bible speaks how our new born again nature in the faith will not continue to be sinful like our old nature.