Beauty... Everywhere?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Buff_Old_Guy

There are some things that know are beautiful. To me they are sublime and intoxicating to look at.

But one of the things that I can't wait to know when I get to heaven is how to view it all with a sense of beauty and wonder. I want to be able to see what is beautiful about deserts and sagebrush. I grew up in Sage Brush and I think its ugly and smells terrible.

I can look at a Mountain of a Forest and see aha, this is Captivating and Green and gorgeous. And there are many different kinds of Forests and Mountains. BUT I think I love them all. I love ALL the trees!

I want to know what the people who love Dr Pepper and Root Beer are experiencing, that I am missing out on.

I like Mt. Dew and Mello Yello but, was that an acquired taste? I don't really know.

What does chocolate taste like to a woman who loves it more than anything?

What does that weird couple at church see in each other? He wears Hawaiian shirts and a man-purse and she always has scrubs or a Mu Mu on. I don't really get it but, I want to, cause they are in it deep.

I want to be able to appreciate the things that I don't know how to, like appreciating a woman's Maternal Instincts, like appreciating a woman's need for security or just how diverse and complex that we are. I want to appreciate people who my personality conflicts with. I want to appreciate what other people look forward to in life.

So tell me what you like about the things that captivate you? What is it about the flavor, the smell, the color, etc. :)
I like turtles. lol

It sounds like your talking about beauty as far as you can stretch it.

Video-games and movies can captivate me. I remember playing a video game called Fallout (1). And I almost cried at the end. The story's end was sad. In Fallout, you played a hero who literally saved the known world and after all that the hero's leader decides to banish him as a safety per-caution for the community. After all his risked... and all his done... they show a cinematic of him walking into the distance.

Let's Play Fallout 1 - Part 65 (CREDITS + CONCLUSION) - YouTube