Bedroom Decorating

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kindhearted_lover

Does anyone have any decorating ideas for a small bedroom? I have some ideas but I kind of want to know what other people have to say.

O

OFM

make it look nice in a joyous joyful joy way

H

Hellooo

Yes!! I love decorating and crafting. (I'm moving to a new apartment soon, so I am beyond excited at the idea of fixing up my new place.)

Paint one wall an accent color, have temporary wallpaper on one wall, or use a stencil to paint designs on your accent wall
Tempaper | Apartment Therapy Marketplace
Chevron Wall Stencil Large Stencil to Paint by royaldesignstencils

Set up a reading corner with a really comfy (rocking chair!) chair and floor lamp

Upholster your boxspring:
Urban Nest » bed

Make your own upholstered headboard:
the HUNTED INTERIOR: Hello Gorgeous! The Story of our DIY Headboard
DIY Upholstered Headboard Tutorial | * View Along the Way *

Have an area rug under the bed

Creative simple way to display photos:
How To Make A Stylish Photo Frame For Several Photos | Shelterness

Make your own bulletin board
Decorative Bulletin Board Memo Board 11x17 Medium by OnlyLally

Have window curtains

As far as space goes, you can open up a small room by

Painting trim white
Hang window curtains from the top of the wall, not the top of the window
Minimize visual clutter by using storage boxes and baskets to hold your knicknacks.
White sheets! They look so clean and you can add color with pillows or a throw
Good lighting

error

Oct 23, 2009
just make sure it looks like -your room. i like to walk in someone's room and learn about thm-just by how their room looks like. even small personal thngs-like photos, fav books ->or thngs -> can tell a lot about -you or me. :)

O

OFM

just make sure it looks like -your room. i like to walk in someone's room and learn about thm-just by how their room looks like. even small personal thngs-like photos, fav books ->or thngs -> can tell a lot about -you or me. :)
i totally agree ur room can be a reflection of you and ur personality too..

Attachments

L

libertygirl

H

Hellooo

Liberty, I LOVE the teal mirror you posted.

K

kindhearted_lover

My main ideas are blue and christmas.

flowerof3

May 1, 2011
Libertygirl and Hellooo you can come and decorate my house :eek:

when my daughters were younger and i was alot younger i use to do all the decorating, i look back and don't know how i had the energy to do it ALL

H

Hellooo

Libertygirl and Hellooo you can come and decorate my house :eek:

when my daughters were younger and i was alot younger i use to do all the decorating, i look back and don't know how i had the energy to do it ALL
I'll decorate your place anytime :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
the master bedroom in our home is very small, so limited space.
I wanted to have something nice for a headboard, but not much room.
I ended up simply getting a piece of plywood, using some foam rubber and after finding two sheet sets on sale for $9.99 a set.
The pattern of the matieral were just perfect.
I took and padded the board, then covered it with one of the fitted sheets, tacking down on the back, then framed the board with some nicer wood, spending 15 dollars on some decorative wood ( you can buy at any home supply store) finished off the wood.
Then just nailed all to my wall.
After staining the wood it looked just perfect.
I used the flat sheet from the one set to make matching curtains.
The other set of sheets for the bed and the extra pillow cases were nice to have.
Matched well with the solid bed spread and looks real nice with out all the extra space a full bedframe would take.
BY the way, the bed sits on a simple metal frame that you can find at any second hand store for a few dollars.
Hope this helps in ideas. :)

God bless
pickles