Been Having a Strange Desire for Oldies Rock Lately

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
I don't get it, but over the past couple weeks, I've been getting various rock'n'roll songs stuck in my head. Often they date from the 1960-1990 range. This is amazingly strange since most of my preferred music was made 1996 or later. Some of the classics getting all stuck in my head:

"Somebody to Love" - Jefferson Airplane
"Ground Control to Major Tom" - David Bowie
"Man on the Moon" - R.E.M.
Carry on Wayward Son - Kansas

There's others that I can't recall at the moment.

I don't know if this could partially be due to my parents being rock'n'roll fans.

Jan 23, 2011
Nothing wrong with old music. Heck, i listen to music from the 30's and 40's sometimes.

My favorite older band would probably have to be ELO, followed by Led Zeppelin. Im mostly into indie rock and folk, and those have that kind of sound to them. There are some modern rock bands that sound like the old stuff! have you ever heard of Wolfmother or Dinosaur Jr?