Behind one tree in the midst

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
who was the tree in the midst of the Garden?

mirror check.

are we behind the tree that was in the midst of the garden?

reality check.

check your doctrine.

[h=3]Isaiah 66:16-18[/h]

[SUP]16 [/SUP]For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

we all know this is satan.

i don't want to focus on him but the doctrine that he has out here in the name of Jesus.

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
Luke 4:8And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Mark 8:33But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

Matthew 16:23
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
Genesis 2:9And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

there were two trees in the Garden

THE TREE OF LIFE=JESUS
the tree of knowledge of good and evil=satan

we have to get behind one of these trees
that tree is suppose to be Jesus

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
do you eat swine flesh? PIG

Jesus kept the dietary laws

Jesus said don't eat swine flesh

Leviticus 11

1 And the Lord spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,
[SUP]
[/SUP]Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, These are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth.
[SUP]
[/SUP]Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is clovenfooted, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat.

[SUP]
[/SUP]Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
[SUP]
[/SUP]And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
[SUP]
[/SUP]And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.
[SUP]
[/SUP]And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
Isaiah 66:16-18

[SUP]16 [/SUP]For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.
[SUP]
[/SUP]They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

[SUP]
[/SUP]For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

who are these people that sanctify themselve behind a tree eating swine flesh.

we read where Jesus said don't eat it yet we have people savoring the things of satan and not God

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
christian have been told to go to this verse to justify eating swine.

100 of years later Peter kept the dietary laws He did not eat unclean food and he tells us this.

Acts 10
[SUP]9 [/SUP]On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
[SUP]
[/SUP]And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
[SUP]
[/SUP]And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
[SUP]
[/SUP]Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

[SUP]
[/SUP]And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

[SUP]14 [/SUP]But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
[SUP]
[/SUP]And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
[SUP]
[/SUP]This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

has God cleansed eating swine flesh? NO

so why is it being eaten today?

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
  1. Leviticus 10:10
    And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;

Noah knew what was clean and what was unclean
    [h=3]Genesis 7:1-3[/h]1 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

[SUP]
    [/SUP]Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
    [SUP]
    [/SUP]Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

the dietary laws did not start with Israel and Moses

the dietary laws was put in place under Noah, before the flood man did not eat meat.

iog

Banned
Jan 4, 2013
who do we get behind

Jesus the tree of Life

or satan the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

we have to choose

all human creation

Matthew 6:24
No man
can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

God's people

Luke 16:13No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

P

psychomom

feel free to avoid 'swine'if you like, iog. :)

but the more you trot out the Law, the more you will see sin.

A

Abiding

No!
There were more than two trees in the garden
and the tree in the midst was not to be eaten or you will die.

there was another tree is the midst of a garden and this
one has to be eaten, or you wont live:

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

both in a garden and on a tree

John 10:41a At the place where Jesus was crucified, there was a garden,
18 Here they crucified him, and with him two others one on each side and Jesus in the midst.

The first tree God planted. the second tree man planted.
One was pleasant to the eyes
The second they saw in Him no beauty that they should desire him
One brought death
The second brought life
The first got adam a theif expelled out of paradise
The second sent a thief back to paradise
Both trees were a knowledge of good and evil
One brought a curse the other rest