Being a Christian and desiring wealth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GM777

The Christian life is not a boring, dull life at all but rather growing into an intimate relationship with our loving Father and Creator. It has finally given me something to live for. There is nothing more precious and to be desired than an intimate relationship with our Father. Remember, money can very well be the root of all evil and desiring wealth can cause us to stumble as it fills our minds with a focus on earthly treasures and worldly possessions as well as pride and greed as opposed to storing up heavenly treasures and finding peace, joy, comfort, and contentedness in the things that we have. Don't give up!! Keep seeking Jesus, and He can change your heart and give you the desire to seek Him instead of just wealth. :) Things in this life are temporary. Store up treasures in Heaven. I'm not saying it is God's will for you to be poor and struggling, because it says in the Bible that The Lord is a Father who delights in giving good things to His children. Money isn't everything, and the pursuit of wealth can make us struggle. Godliness with contentment, however, is great gain- for you and your soul :) Money doesn't satisy, it is a beast that craves more and more. Jesus settles us and gives us rest and joy with what we have. Nothing compares to the wealth of joy and satisfaction that Jesus brings, things the world and its lusts do not ever bring.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

faithisthyvictory

WE CAN POSSIBLY BECOME WEALTHY ONLY IF WE SOW THE RIGHT SEEED. YES, I'M ONLY 23 YEARS OLD BUT BY GOD'S GRACE I FOUND THE ANSWERS. PM ME AND I'LL SHARE TO YOU WHAT I'VE LEARNED :)

U

Ugly

Someones caps lock is broken.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Sales pitches are always shouted.

F

Fubario

I wanted to react to many posts, in agreement of some and in denial of some. I wanted to address your concern about God being an obstacle for your success:

First, you are thinking about YOUR own success and you say God is an obstacle. Do you see the problem? There is a conflict between you and God and therefore you are not trusting God with your plans as it says in proverbs 16:3, because inevitably God guides your path if you allow Him to. It says in James to not love the world because we commit adultery with God. I want you to ask yourself what is more important, the eternal of the temporal? Another poster has written the same thing, what do you love? I choose to love and obey because the reward is more valuable and infinitely more important than anything on this Earth. I would ask God for the important values, I would choose wisdom over riches any day, because the rich may prosper for a little bit, but the wise are always prospering in the Lord and in love. Choose wisdom instead and love LIFE and let God provide the riches he intends for you to enjoy. It's only through the will of God that we will truly find the prosperity we are longing for and will actually enjoy, the trifling riches and pleasures of this life are short-lived and eat away at our hearts. Work for the purity that allows you to become truly wholesome and pure so that you may be filled with the fruits that make you rich.

For the richest are not the most successful in this life, and the measure of our success may not reflect the heart of God for our lives.
It is the humblest and the virtuous who are the richest, for they lack nothing in soul, mind, and spirit. Theirs is the treasure of God.

MisterHarmony

Jan 31, 2014
I believe The Lord is very effective at hiding His full worth. I assure you, the creator of the planets and stars has something Much better than even a comfortable, wealthy life for those who believe and are willing to follow Him. Yes, it can feel like trudging through mud. Keep going though and don't lose faith. The Lord has said what is impossible with man is possible with God. Can we comprehend this? The impossible is possible with God. Invest now in Christ! Amen.