Being more content with being single and life in general...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
This does wonders for me:

Drop the sense of entitlement. God doesn't owe us anything (that includes a mate), yet every good thing we have comes from Him.

Is reading that and agreeing with it going to make anyone more content? Nope.
Believe it, embrace it, live it. Then it can happen. It also makes us appreciate the things we already have more...and when something else good comes along, a greater appreciation for that can be had too.

It's not a sin to long for things, but remember God is not our servant. It's the other way around. Who are we to whine about things we want but don't have?? Good old Job 38 speaks volumes.

Even when embracing such a simple idea as this, it's not always easy. God never promised us an easy road, but I believe this to be true:

Philippians 4:11-13

New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

C

Catlynn

Pretty much an awesome post to encourage me in my current situation. Much thanks, my friend! ^_^

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
Pretty much an awesome post to encourage me in my current situation. Much thanks, my friend! ^_^
It's good to see you around, Catlynn. I'm glad you got something out of that. :)

C

Chrissy77

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

I think the second part of this speaks volumes. We are not alone so how can you not be content in where you are with what(who) you have? If we are not content then basically we are telling God that he is not enough.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
NiceguyJ, if you don't stop being so correct, we're going to have you arrested. :p

B

BrittanyJones

Thank you so much!!

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

I think the second part of this speaks volumes. We are not alone so how can you not be content in where you are with what(who) you have? If we are not content then basically we are telling God that he is not enough.
Good verse!

Hmm. Yeah. I do think it's okay to desire a mate. However, I think it's possible to have that desire and a good helping of contentment. It would just be another blessing to get that special person.

NiceguyJ, if you don't stop being so correct, we're going to have you arrested. :p
Uh-oh. I'll just have to go hide out amongst the people who disagree with me then. :)

You're welcome.

J

Jullianna

I have cuffs :)

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Keep 'em handy, he appears to be completely unrepentant! :p

Uh-oh. I'll just have to go hide out amongst the people who disagree with me then. :)
You're not getting off the hook that easily, Buster!

*End of thread crashing*.....please continue with your regularly scheduled posting, already in progress :)

S

simplyme_bekah

I have come to personally know what that means when it talks about how you are at peace in every situation. Great post. Thanks for sharing.

C

Catlynn

God has really given me peace in just about every circumstance I've come into lately. Living my life in prayer constantly and actively choosing to trust Him with everything has changed my life. I thought I knew before, but now it's just craziness. lol Not just with being single, which really isn't even on my mind at this point in time, but with every situation. Things don't always happen or work out the way that I think they should but when I'm letting Him lead the way, it's always the very best.

Good to see you too, NiceGuyJ. :D Sorry for my absence. Life has been nutso. hehe

C

Chrissy77

Good verse!

Hmm. Yeah. I do think it's okay to desire a mate. However, I think it's possible to have that desire and a good helping of contentment. It would just be another blessing to get that special person.
Yes, I think we all want a mate. The Bible does say that when a man finds a wife he finds a good thing. I think the same can be true for a woman. If I was to find that "special someone" God has for me, then I know it would be a very good thing.

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
Nichole, we'll see about that. :D

God has really given me peace in just about every circumstance I've come into lately. Living my life in prayer constantly and actively choosing to trust Him with everything has changed my life. I thought I knew before, but now it's just craziness. lol Not just with being single, which really isn't even on my mind at this point in time, but with every situation. Things don't always happen or work out the way that I think they should but when I'm letting Him lead the way, it's always the very best.

Good to see you too, NiceGuyJ. :D Sorry for my absence. Life has been nutso. hehe
It sounds like you've learned some valuable lessons and grown closer to God because of the nutsosness! Yeah, I doubt that's a real word..but I didn't realize "nutso" was actually in the dictionary either. lol. I looked just for kicks.

I have come to personally know what that means when it talks about how you are at peace in every situation. Great post. Thanks for sharing.
I'm glad you know that peace. :)

Yes, I think we all want a mate. The Bible does say that when a man finds a wife he finds a good thing. I think the same can be true for a woman. If I was to find that "special someone" God has for me, then I know it would be a very good thing.
Most do, that's for sure.
Another good verse there...Absolutely. :)