Being used by God to help someone.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
As I look back over my life I see so many people who were used for my benefit by God. Most of them are gone, now, and I didn’t know how grateful I needed to be when they were helping me.

When my mother got sick and spent years in bed, I was left with a couple who resented having me. I went from love to resentment. The couple who took me in had many friends who came often to see them, they often gave me love my foster parents couldn’t give.

It was almost five years before I saw my birth parents again, and by this time many things had happened to cause bitterness and strife. I was the center of it. But God sent wonderful people to me, and love I so needed came from strange corners. When I had to make a train trip when I was only five, a woman stepped in to support me. I was supposed to be in the care of a woman who frightened me, but this stranger befriended me and let me sit with her. That was 82 years ago, I am still grateful to her though I never saw her again. Many things like that happened over the years.

I wonder how many of you have stepped in to help without understanding how much you are being used? Or how many have passed up an opportunity to help.

No one would guess how needy I was by looking at my blonde curls or the A’s on my report card. I think some children in pain put on toughness as a protection, and still a part of them responds to love given. I am sure no one guessed how they helped me grow toward getting to know God in my life. From one who has been there to all of you who have helped me, or anyone who filled a need for anyone, I send a huge, heartfelt thank you.

K

kenisyes

About three days ago, a young man posted a kind of cryptic message in these threads, and no one seemed to be answering, so I thought I would try. Just about midnight last night, the young man sent the last of almost a dozen posts and pm's we exchanged. He was thanking God up and down for how God had used me to help him through what he considered a life crisis. He had received a major revelation about his future and how God was going to bless him. You never know who or when, or what God can do. And you never know how God can use CC.

W

webchatter

Wow. I forgot about these things. Thanks for reminding me of the past. I used to be in a better position to help people see that this life can be more than their current position, & teach them about Jesus. I'm retired now & live in the country, so my contacts are usually just my family. I have seen that I helped maybe one person on CC & that was nice & heartwarming. Red Tent, it's so nice of you to honor those people with your words here.
I remember one time about 30 yrs ago, I was going thru a rough time , basicly due to changing my set of values or religious conflict with the religion I was raised. I was well dressed, walking into a store, & a homeless man comes up to me & says, "It's not as bad as you think", gave me the sweetest smile & walked away. I will never forget that. He must have been an angel I thought. It's like he knew what I was thinking, but I appeared normal to everyone else. He had given me the answer to exactly what I was thinking, just as he said it.I havn't felt guilty since for leaving that denomination behind me for good. It's also possible I had a worried look on my face & he noticed & just wanted to make me see that my postion wasn't as bad as I thought. If so, even a homeless person gave me comfort.
On a more humorous note, I had planned for 2 weeks to buy a beautiful cannister with colorful decorations on it, & throw the cake away that came inside the jar. ( I can't eat it). There is a big label on the front of the cannister with a picture of the cake on it.So 2 weeks later, I'm in the store & as I start to walk across the store, I see a woman holding a baby standing in front of the cannisters. By the time I get to grab my canister, the baby says, "I want cake!" The mother said no. I asked the mother if the baby could have my cake & she said yes . Instantly the baby was given cake & I had my cannister & was relieved I didn't have to waste the cake.
So I used to lead people to Jesus. Now I'm just the cake angel. But given the opportunity I have lots of love in the name of Jesus, & I love children, they are easy to love.

J

jkalyna

:)REDTENT PEOPLE HAVE SO MANY STORIES OF PAIN. I THINK OF THE GLORY OF GOD BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM ADAM AND EVE, AND EVERYTHING CHANGED. IT MUST OF BEEN SO DELIGHTFULL AND A BLISS TO LIVE UNDER THE COVERING OF OUR GOD, THEN. THE BIBLE SAID, MAN THINKETH CONTINUALLY EVIL IN HIS HEART. WHEN JESUS GAVE HIS SELF, EVERYTHING CAN BE CHANGED AGAIN, TO OUR FELLOWSHIP WITH OUR GOD. THIS IS WHY I BELIEVE HE CAME, TO HEAL THE SICK, AND TO BE WITH US, HE SAID, I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU, AND THEN TAKE US TO BE WITH HIM. HE SAID, HE'S NOT A HIGH PRIEST THAT IS NOT TOUCHED WITH OUR INFIRMITIES, EITHER IN SPIRIT, OR IN BODY. I FEEL SO CLOSE TO HIM, JUST TO THINK HIS LOVE PULLS US LIKE TENDER CORDS TO HIM.:p