being without a woman

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

maxima

Dec 14, 2012
its hard for a man to live entirely without a woman he could look at almost all the time and smile back at,laugh off the jokes they make.....its always difficult to allow the loneliness created by not having a woman around haunt for so long......there is factual prove to relish that desire to have a woman around,someone who could be there cheer u up,lighten u up,fellowship with u,argue with u in every reasonable issues...its been ordained from the beginning for every man to have a partner,a helper,some who could be more than a sister to the man,to be able to fathom way to set things aright....and wake up to the that call of fate for togetherness..

U

Ugly

Ordained? Then why does Paul discourage marriage except in the case of overpowering sexual urges? Seems your focus is on being single more than your walk and is being a distraction.

Jan 11, 2013
Because he's dealing with situations of extreme persecution. The more preteristic views of Mark 13:17 and Matt 24:19 collaborate that.

Those are the only circumstances marriage is discouraged...

Even then 1 Cor 7 is in the context of something the Corinthians wrote Paul, a something we don't have. The translation's pretty rough in most versions and the addition of verses to the letter don't help anything either...

In his letter to Timothy he encourages marriages in a different circumstance. You're far overstating what Paul meant in one chapter.

D

Donkeyfish07

It does say that is good for a man not to marry, but if he marries, he has not sinned. Me personally, I don't want to have any children. I was somewhat promiscuous when I was younger and unfortunately I'm not a virgin, but I choose to be abstinent now. I don't really see the need to marry because I don't want any children and even though it is nice to have a woman around....relationships can be very aggravating. lol

Jan 11, 2013
It properly says its good for a man not to touch a woman (and cause) fornication. Even in 1 Cor 7 it's never said that its good not to marry.

It does make a point of saying that not marrying is also a godly action though, and celibacy is a good and legitimate option with some definite benefits.

D

Donkeyfish07

Marriage isn't forbidden by any means and I don't see Paul actively discouraging it anywhere. He did seem to make a point that not doing so is the better choice though.

Jan 11, 2013
In that circumstance yes.

D

Donkeyfish07

What particular circumstance do you mean JPG? I'm all about context but 1 Cor 7: 32-35 seems to me that he's making clear that it is the better choice.

Jan 11, 2013
1Co 7:25 Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.
1Co 7:26 I suppose therefore that this is good for the present distress, I say, that it is good for a man so to be.
1Co 7:27 Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.

For those that have never been married it is good for them to stay single due to impending needs. The circumstances are the persecution of the church.

On the whole he exhorts people to do as they're called concerning marriage. Do as you're gifted, do as you're called, abide in your calling.

To be honest he doesn't even present it as a 'choice' as much as a 'calling'.