Biases we're working on

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Had this idea some weeks ago, but hadnt been able to post. Anyway, what biases have you learned to correct, or are still working on in your life? You may want to explain or elaborate oh how you overcame or are overcoming still.

[Bias is a tendency to lean in a certain direction, often to the detriment of an open mind. Those who are biased tend to believe what they want to believe, refusing to take into consideration the opinions of others. To truly be biased, it means you're lacking a neutral viewpoint. Sprouting from cultural contexts, biases tend to take root within an ethnic group, social class, or religion.

Bias, prejudice, and discrimination all live under the same roof. Bias is an inclination toward one way of thinking, often based on how you were raised.

For example, in one of the most high-profile trials of the 20th century O.J. Simpson was acquitted of murder, but many people will remain biased toward him and treat him like a convicted killer anyway. http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-bias.html]

When I was a child, thought classmates who were rebuked or humiliated by teacher were slow or stupid. In time, I saw it may in fact be the teachers who did not know how to draw out the child’s gifts or skills that is the problem.

Now too, I go by the words:

Romans 12:3 (KJV)
3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

J

Jennie-Mae

I’m from Alabama, folks from outside my state say we’re biased because we’re from Alabama...lol...

Feb 28, 2016
our hearts have to always to open and analylizing others words/opinions, even if we don't
understand/agree with what they are expressing or trying to convey, -

this takes much maturity and the ability to over-come our own 'self-opinions', that are almost
always contrary to our Saviour's Words and Commands...
not many can take or accept or acknowledge anything contrary to what they have either been
taught from 'child-hood' or been deceived into believing when they were at their weakest point
in their lives = Faith-Hope-Charity', we pray that these be the rocks that can help one over-come
themselves and see Jesus' Truth...

Aug 2, 2009
I'm greatly biased towards women when it comes to physical attraction

Feb 28, 2016
this post could really make a big difference for many people, but of course,
it will go the way of 'the world'...

Feb 28, 2016
Hello your., sick, ........, try and make it. about helping, others' -else,. your lirfe is in vain'...

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
I believe ZT would know (about) some of this: when we were young, children here had this rhyme, pointing at other children and the last would be It or laughed at for some reason we did not know or understand then:

Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, Negro...

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I believe ZT would know (about) some of this: when we were young, children here had this rhyme, pointing at other children and the last would be It or laughed at for some reason we did not know or understand then:

Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, Negro...
That sounds like eenie meenie minee moe :D ;)