Bible Museum of Art :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 4, 2013
These are extremely old pictures, from the Catacombs of Rome. Thought I would share them with you all, and leave a little description explaining each one.

Almighty, Christ Jesus sitting with his disciples.

christ-and-apostles-catacomb-domitilla2.jpg

The powerful Samson

3.jpg

Almighty Jesus, forgot what he was doing here. But he seems to be rebuking an army.

80.jpg

The account where God, test Abraham; concerning his son Isaac.

Abraham.jpg

Jonah and the Whale.

jonah_thrown_into_the_sea.jpg

Not sure who is present here, but they seem to be disciples. This picture though was obtained from a book called "Russian Icons" in the book are other numerous extremely old pictures of Jesus and other Saints. I myself look forward to acquiring it one day.
1027.jpg

Here is the book its self

russian-icons.jpg

I am sure there are more, but I just wanted to share these for now. If anyone; else has old pictures as these, please do share them. But the ones from Rome so far are the oldest "I" have seen. though I am sure somewhere out there, they are some much older than these. In fact, I am sure of it. But I hope you all enjoy, my museum tour. :)

D

didymos

Note that in the icongraphy Jesus doesn't have a beard (yet).